New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

Postby mue 26 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:42 pm

These screenshots are just gorgeous! Ryo looks wonderful.

Would it even really be so bad if facial animation doesn't improve a huge amount? I mean, we know they are working with a relatively small budget, and they have prioritise right, so surely it's the environments that matter the most. For me it is anyway, that's where the atmosphere comes from, not the facial expressiveness. They faces in the old games were always beautiful but fairly stiff too, of course.

mue 26 has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, VukBZ2005
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby graphx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 pm

How can I attach images from my computer if image is local on my computer?

Thanks

Think this might work....here are some quick Photoshop adjustments I did at startbucks, once they get the facial stuff in it will look so much better. I also did some color tweaks...hair black, some more shenmue "Saturation" and light bounces to help put them in the envo more. Can't Wait!

graphx has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
graphx
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby shredingskin » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:44 pm

mue 26 wrote: These screenshots are just gorgeous! Ryo looks wonderful.

Would it even really be so bad if facial animation doesn't improve a huge amount? I mean, we know they are working with a relatively small budget, and they have prioritise right, so surely it's the environments that matter the most. For me it is anyway, that's where the atmosphere comes from, not the facial expressiveness. They faces in the old games were always beautiful but fairly stiff too, of course.

Even if I have some caviats on what SIII "shoucl/can be' I think mosst of us are very fucking surprised of this level of quality.

Like fucking really,m this shitn looks pretty damn good.. and it will have duyal voice over.

Likem fucking shit, most AAA games don;t have that..I just wish YS knows his stuff depp, and that's what's all sehtis been about.

LONG FUCKINGLIVE SHENMUE

shredingskin has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby ConanTheKing » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Sometimes I think maybe I should leave Japan and move to China. This location looks awesome.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader

Postby Asthenia® » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:11 am

Holy shit, why people are complaining about this? It looks absolutely fantastic. Honestly and I mean it... It looks miles, miles better than I thought it would. Hyped to hell.... =D> \:D/
Last edited by Asthenia® on Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asthenia® has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, VukBZ2005
Asthenia®
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:19 am

shredingskin wrote:
Sonoshee wrote:It's no secret that the franchise had it from as early on as the Saturn era.

I don't mind inner chi, the energy of the earth, or even some more mystical stuff.

But that flying sword (really out of nowhere), is just too much and too in your face for a game that was mostly realistic to that point.

You can have the sword react to Shenhua, without the electricity, you can have the fire without the magical laser, and the sword floating it's just too much for my taste. You can downplay it in various ways, the sword doesn't fit, Shenhua puts the hand in it and it slides easily, the wind starts blowing inside the cave, and the torches start flaming one by one like in the original game. There's still that "something weird happened here", but you keep the mystery and don't unnecessarily break the immersion (like they did with shenhua and the flowers).

Like really, how will the game progress having somewhat a realistic approach and mundane life after you saw a magical sword flying and shooting lasers ?

Disagree. Magic is awesome, period, so with the addition of magic it has the potential to really take Shenmue above and beyond. With magic, it's potential to be even more amazing and awesome increases dramatically. Without a doubt, it definetly should be included, otherwise it's not going to be as interesting or badass.

Shenmue_Legend has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby TheThirdComing » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:18 pm

Wow, honestly looking at some of them images you can really appreciate the detail much more than the teaser trailer. The environments and lighting are goregous! even the way the light reacts off the characters models is impressive. Beyond them faces which clearly are still in early development I feel content with what I've seen of late. Even if it does elude to a 2019 release - We can wait, just make it worth while!
TheThirdComing

Postby Your Boy Leroy » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Jeez, even the details on Ryo's jacket are crazy. I'm going nuts over here.
Your Boy Leroy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Chaikilla » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Does anyone know the name of the setting in this picture? I've heard people say Chobu (sp) and I've went along with that but I'm not entirely sure. I know Chai appears under the moon in this area so I'm particularly interested, since it's where he'll likely be introduced.

I need to brace myself for him so I don't get a heart attack when he first leaps out on Ryo.
Chaikilla

Postby Enigma » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:35 pm

graphx wrote: How can I attach images from my computer if image is local on my computer?

Thanks

Think this might work....here are some quick Photoshop adjustments I did at startbucks, once they get the facial stuff in it will look so much better. I also did some color tweaks...hair black, some more shenmue "Saturation" and light bounces to help put them in the envo more. Can't Wait!

Great job man! I don't know why this is getting so much venom because just look at those images there: with the animations and slight edits applied the models look much better already! Jesus, I mean, the level of whining going on you'd think Suzuki made Ryo look like this:

Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby squall » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:54 pm

Enigma wrote: the level of whining going on you'd think Suzuki made Ryo look like this:

And we all know Ryo doesn't use a bowstaff...
squall
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:55 am

Ren and Chai spotted at left of the pic!

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: Spaghetti
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:07 am

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: Chaikilla, Kiske
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:12 am

Chaikilla wrote: Image

Does anyone know the name of the setting in this picture? I've heard people say Chobu (sp) and I've went along with that but I'm not entirely sure. I know Chai appears under the moon in this area so I'm particularly interested, since it's where he'll likely be introduced.

I need to brace myself for him so I don't get a heart attack when he first leaps out on Ryo.

Judging by the surrounding area, it may be Choubu from the opposite angle to this shot.

Kiske has received a thanks from: Chaikilla
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Kiske » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:14 am

Spaghetti wrote: Image

Where did you find this WIP "hair curler" lady Spags?

The left side of the screen has others characters too apparently. Is the second one Chai???
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III