Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Postby ys » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Deta wrote: Shenmue fans are such a cry babies nowadays. Defending their thoughts like they are absolute.

Like all fanbases. See gaming forums, politics, football, religions, choice of smartphone, ...

Deta wrote:Why bother releasing something what isnt even relatively ready? "Well they had to show something". Well show something which looks good for god sake.

It's not that easy and they felt forced because of nagging backers. As far as I know, their development style doesn't easily allow them to show more polished things at this point either. There's a reason why most companies don't show much until the last few months. Most can't really afford to create a vertical slice earlier on.

Deta wrote:Last time I was here I saw bunch of guys overexcited about how S1 and S2 will be announced next. Then Yu completely shits on the idea in the latest interview.

Which one? I saw some where he wanted Sega to release HD-ports.

Deta wrote:There is fans who ... looks stuff more critically but somehow most of the shenmue fans get offended by it? :rotflmao:

Is it most? I haven't read the whole thread but saw criticism on here before. Your post got more thumbs up than a few positive ones actually.

TwiceFriedRice wrote:Trust me, reading the story or getting it in some non-interactive form would be extremely underwhelming. The story is nice and all, but it's only great because of the whole package that it's included in.

I also think so. And I never liked the idea of removing a lot just to get an ending in Shenmue 3. Similar pacing is an integral part.

ConanTheKing wrote:There is a reason why everyone is laughing at the trailer and a sense of confusion as to why exists on this forum.

Besides criticism, one reason is people want to be part of the internet mob mentality. Repeating "hilarious" jokes about PS2 gets more likes than repeating dry facts (work in progress etc.). Like Mass Effect, I saw the faces, thought it looked odd, moved on. But of course the "gaming community" started another hyperbolic round of immature nerd outrage, some harassed developers etc.

But I don't get why no one from the team realized that having a fullscreen disclaimer at the start of the trailer could avoid some of this. Just write that facial animations were removed etc. since many don't read descriptions or interviews.

ys has received 2 thanks from: TwiceFriedRice, Your Boy Leroy
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby alexironaek » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:28 am

Wow! An amazing find by Shenmue Forever‏ on twitter. Lan di and Niao sun are in the teaser! Probably an Easter egg.

https://twitter.com/ShenmueForever/stat ... 2827518976
Last edited by alexironaek on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexironaek
Master of the Three Blades

Postby KidMarine » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:34 am

alexironaek wrote: Wow! An amazing find by Shenmue Forever‏ on twitter. Lan di and Nao sun are in the teaser! Probably an Easter egg.

Oh wow! Never in a million years would I have spotted that.

I guess that confirms that we'll run into Lan Di at some point in III, if they're going to go to the trouble of modeling him.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Shenmue_Legend » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:37 am

alexironaek wrote: Wow! An amazing find by Shenmue Forever‏ on twitter. Lan di and Nao sun are in the teaser! Probably an Easter egg.

Wow, that's cool! It may not be an easter egg because you can see Ryo staring at them. He either runs away and hides or he fights him right there! I could be wrong though.
Shenmue_Legend
Banned
Banned

Postby SheepheadCG » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:40 am

Shenmue_Legend wrote:

Wow, that's cool! It may not be an easter egg because you can see Ryo staring at them. He either runs away and hides or he fights him right there! I could be wrong though.

Looks like an easter egg. Look at how they are both stood, in the same pose that we have seen from all the character models in Unreal. It's the generic pose from the model editor I believe.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby DEVILLE_David » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:00 pm

Nice find !

I am not surprised to see them tho as we're going to fight both during Shenmue III ! 8)
DEVILLE_David
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: RavanaEX
Currently playing: God of War

Postby BlueMue » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:12 pm

Wow they really hid them well. Great effort to spot them there!
I wonder if Yu and the team were thinking "when will they find it" in all the days of the buzz around it.

BlueMue has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenGCH » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:46 pm

Well, fuck me, that was well-hidden! Watching the trailer again, their entire demeanour is very static and lifeless (which is especially evident during the parallax), so I wouldn't get your hopes up about them actually being present in this scene in the final game.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby 7heavens » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:32 pm

If I remember correctly in one of the interviews yu Suzuki hinted at spotting two characters in the teaser.
7heavens

Postby ShenSun » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:27 pm

That is an incredible find. Damn

ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Chaikilla » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:50 pm

What a find! Especially since I know most of us combed over the trailer multiple times for this type of find.
Chaikilla

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:41 am

Chaikilla wrote: What a find! Especially since I know most of us combed over the trailer multiple times for this type of find.

Hidden in plain sight. Motherfuckers!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:26 am

Incredible find.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am

Nice find... Nia Sun dress looks beautiful.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby SquallAdv » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:54 pm

HoooOooOoooly! :shock:
That one was really difficult to spot! Great find! :mrgreen:

I'm so hyped... Just hoping this article is right http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/shenmue-hd ... ming-2017/ and Shenmue HD finally get released by the end of this year! :heart:

SquallAdv has received a thanks from: RootyKazooty
SquallAdv
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: CharlesLord
Steam: SquallAdv

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III