Recent Gaming Purchases

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Axm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 am

Guyz.. guess what.. I really am PC masta rayce. Im so PC.. Such iMac. Many amaze.
Be like me.
Play the new CoD WWII beta.
1440p on ultra at 60fps.
4k on medium at 30fps average.
Shit yourself.
Take a break.
Play Jet Set Radio in 5k.
Eat a human.
Go back into Mac OSX.
Let your wife use iTunes.
Repeat.

south carmain wrote:Will shenmue 3 be compatible with mac?

Yes and no..not in OSX.
And I don’t think they should bother. Any self respecting Mac user who wants to play games will just install Windows 10 anyways and have better performance regardless if an OSX version is available too.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Postby Sonikku » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:49 am

myshtuff wrote: Why so many?

I would think someone with your avatar could figure that one out. :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo- ... SwLApZzvjt

Sonikku has received a thanks from: myshtuff
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Mr. Frozen » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 am

I "brought" total war: warhammer II yesterday. I never liked the fantasy warhammer setting, but gave this one a try and I am warming up to it. The introduction of magic and fantasy units makes every battle epic. Your lord/commander literally cleaves through enemy units, making them a really strong unit in battle. In the more "realistic" total war games, the commander would just have a bodyguard and is as vulnerable as any other unit on the field. Nope, not in this game. If you have a melee lord you put him/her on the front lines and absolutely destroy enemy units. The different fantasy setting really allowed the developers to get creative with the unit setup to make for somewhat unique scenarios.

I chose to be the ultra privileged high elves, and I love using the pheonix that was gifted to me. If you use the pheonix's special ability that apparently makes his swoop down from the skies with extra flames, the enemy units run away scared if there is no other unit around. Pretty easy way to get rid of ranged units that are terrorizing your spearmen or swordsmen. Like I said, stuff like this wouldn't be possible with the historical total war games. A similar effect could be achieved in the historical games with siege weapons and mounted units, though.

I also like how they made the different factions feel different through their behavior. The elves are highly disciplined and will fight to the last man if you keep their leader close by. Pretty amazing because it reminds me of roman tactics where the enemy lost morale because of the discipline of the roman troops. With the elves I almost always just position them in a superior position wait for the enemy to approach. The infantry almost never runs away even though they are assaulted by arrows, while my archers pick away at the advancing enemy (I do wish that I could do a shield formation so people wouldn't have to needlessly die, though. Testudo formation in Rome was the shit). Won a few battles this way without moving cause of how the enemy confidence is programmed in the game. The beast races will waver as soon as they start losing, but this isn't really that bad of a thing. Units do run away when they are scared, but they usually regroup after a while (in Rome II I think your units were 100% lost after they decided to route). If you are playing as a beast race you can use this to scatter your enemy and pick them off one by one. my strategy for that is to just let them run away while I put my troops back into formation, which is something I think any intermediate player of the game would do.
Mr. Frozen
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby myshtuff » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:51 am

Sonikku wrote:
myshtuff wrote: Why so many?

I would think someone with your avatar could figure that one out. :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo- ... SwLApZzvjt

Haha nice
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby BlueMue » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 am

Sold this back when the Shenmue III Kickstarter was live, so I had more to pledge. Now I got it back.
Fortunately the price hasn't risen since then and I got it for the same amount back that I sold it for but it still hurt...

BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 am

Pre-ordered Ryu ga Gotoku Kiwami 2, Limited Edition, on Play-Asia. That should be coming in in December or so! :D

Also, because they are NTSC-U factory-sealed, I swooped up Demolition Racer: No Exit and Iron Aces, simply because I have been teetering on buying them for (literally) years now, but at 10 bucks or so a piece, for a factory-sealed Dreamcast Game? Why not?
Truck_1_0_1_
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby KidMarine » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:08 pm

BlueMue wrote: Sold this back when the Shenmue III Kickstarter was live, so I had more to pledge. Now I got it back.
Fortunately the price hasn't risen since then and I got it for the same amount back that I sold it for but it still hurt...

Nice! One of the best 16 bit games on any system.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby BlueMue » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 am

My 2009 Toshiba did a great job with 240/288p signals and had RGB Scart so I never felt the need for one of these.
Since I got my OLED about a year ago that all changed and I simply needed one.
I don't like like converters but this thing is a whole different beast and made for games. The scaling and picture quality is truly incredible. With it's filters and picture adjustments even NES composit looks clean and very nice. Not to mention it does it all with minimal processing time. The price is steep but it's absolutely worth it!

BlueMue has received a thanks from: sand4fish
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Don't buy a ton of games anymore. Typically not newer ones, anyway; mostly just stuff on Steam, outside of Rocksmith which I got earlier this month.
Saw that Natsume was bringing over yet another River City/Kunio-kun game though, so I preordered that and finally picked up the last one they put out. Natsume's a nice little company, but they don't advertise for shit. Hard to find out that they have anything new without looking directly at their site, or stumbling upon something on Amazon.

OL has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:07 pm

OL wrote: Don't buy a ton of games anymore.

Loosing interest in games?
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:39 am

Nah, not to the extent that I'd make any bold statements like that at least.
Just kind of an odd dry spell as far as new games go, I think, and I'm not crazy about "collecting" anymore, since I've found other places where the money is much more needed (guitar stuff is expensive). I used to just buy games to know I had them for future use, but now it's usually if I have the intention of actually playing them at this very moment. I'll always have a love for videogames, whatever the case may be.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:32 pm

My brother, myself, and a friend bought starter decks and a few booster packs of the new Final Fantasy TCG. It's a surprisingly great game. It manages to fix a lot of the "problems" with Magic the Gathering, while still managing to be its own experience.

There is no mana, instead all cards can be discarded to pay for other cards. However, alternatively, you play "Backups" that you can tap for mana (although it's only for 1, rather than the discard of 2). Each player draws two cards a hand, likely to make up for the discard aspect, but it makes games feel really fast and fun. The goal is to use "Forwards" to attack your opponent, and use "Summons" and "Backups" as support. The game ends when the player manages to deal seven damage to the opponent.

There's more to it than just that but that's the gist. I picked up the FFX starter and Wakka absolutely DESTROYS haha. just like in the PS2 game.

I recommend it if you have some friends to verse with.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby myshtuff » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:44 am

If you consider D&D as gaming, then I bought a starter set, some books, figures, dice, and a map to get started with a group of friends. I've always wanted to play so I decided to give it a shot. I DM'd my first game the other day and it went really well. It was fun to improvise and mix in the elements of the established module in the starter set. I'm excited to play again in another couple weeks. For fun, I also gathered a playlist of all my favorite video game music to use as background music in certain parts of the game. Legend of Zelda OoT and MM music was perfect for alot of the situations, but I even mixed in some calmer Shenmue music as well. :)
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Truck_1_0_1_ » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:55 am

BlueMue wrote: Image

My 2009 Toshiba did a great job with 240/288p signals and had RGB Scart so I never felt the need for one of these.
Since I got my OLED about a year ago that all changed and I simply needed one.
I don't like like converters but this thing is a whole different beast and made for games. The scaling and picture quality is truly incredible. With it's filters and picture adjustments even NES composit looks clean and very nice. Not to mention it does it all with minimal processing time. The price is steep but it's absolutely worth it!

Bluemue, what brand is it and where can I get it?

I will probably need one in the near future...
Truck_1_0_1_

PSN: Truck_1_0_1_
Steam: Truck_1_0_1_
Currently playing: Nothing :(

Postby Calshot » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:09 pm

I got these in the GOG Halloween sale. The 3 STALKER games, Broken Sword 4, and I threw in Shadowman so I could hit the $15 minimum and get Tales of Borderlands for free.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming