An analysis on The Gamescom Teaser

(Modding and other series related projects)

An analysis on The Gamescom Teaser

Postby shengoro86 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey everyone.

Hope all is well.

I made a video breaking down weird interpretations and observations regarding the Shenmue 3 Gamescom Teaser/in progress video.

Special thanks to Switch, Bluemue, and George K. :)

What are your thoughts?
Enjoy!
phpBB [video]

shengoro86 has received 2 thanks from: iyapol, ShenGCH
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

PSN: Shengoro86
XBL: Rock Is Sponge
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PC)

Re: An analysis on The Gamescom Teaser

Postby Sappharad » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:27 pm

shengoro86 wrote:What are your thoughts?

I don't think Guilin will just be the first hour of the game. Maybe in a speed-run setting, but I feel like the information that we've been presented prior to now indicates there's going to be a lot of stuff to do in Bailu that introduces the game mechanics again as well as some of the new stuff.

We know some pieces already about the plot at the beginning of the game, for example
Ryo searching what I recall to be Shenhua's house after it had been broken into. Then there was the partially censored plot outline of the beginning that Switch or someone translated back in 2015, where we know that Ryo has to talk to someone in Bailu to learn more about the mirror and/or his father.

We've also seen them re-making the rock-jumping QTE, which could potentially be a way of them re-introducing QTE's. And we first saw the fishing area of Bailu all the way back in Feb 2016 from MAGIC. We also know Ryo could end up with a part time job in Bailu.

I think with all of the stuff that they need to re-introduce in Bailu they're going to need at least 2 days of in-game time for it. (~ 2+ hours) I suspect they're going to have at least one situation where you'll need to kill time (Ex: You need to talk to X, but he'll be back tomorrow.) to make sure that players understand there's a real day/night system. Shenmue 2 managed to do all of this very quickly, but I don't think they'd plan so much stuff for Guilin if you're only there for an hour.

I do agree that Choubu is probably the bulk of the game, but my thoughts are that you made Guilin sound shorter than it will probably be.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:18 pm

Sappharad wrote:
shengoro86 wrote:What are your thoughts?

I don't think Guilin will just be the first hour of the game. Maybe in a speed-run setting, but I feel like the information that we've been presented prior to now indicates there's going to be a lot of stuff to do in Bailu that introduces the game mechanics again as well as some of the new stuff.

We know some pieces already about the plot at the beginning of the game, for example
Ryo searching what I recall to be Shenhua's house after it had been broken into. Then there was the partially censored plot outline of the beginning that Switch or someone translated back in 2015, where we know that Ryo has to talk to someone in Bailu to learn more about the mirror and/or his father.

We've also seen them re-making the rock-jumping QTE, which could potentially be a way of them re-introducing QTE's. And we first saw the fishing area of Bailu all the way back in Feb 2016 from MAGIC. We also know Ryo could end up with a part time job in Bailu.

I think with all of the stuff that they need to re-introduce in Bailu they're going to need at least 2 days of in-game time for it. (~ 2+ hours) I suspect they're going to have at least one situation where you'll need to kill time (Ex: You need to talk to X, but he'll be back tomorrow.) to make sure that players understand there's a real day/night system. Shenmue 2 managed to do all of this very quickly, but I don't think they'd plan so much stuff for Guilin if you're only there for an hour.

I do agree that Choubu is probably the bulk of the game, but my thoughts are that you made Guilin sound shorter than it will probably be.

Very good points! Yes indeed I agree with the idea that Guilin will house a lot of gametime. I think maybe my position about the timing I spoke of was probably a little flawed indeed.
I think the shenhua's house broken into thing was from a post at shenmue500k but I remember someone, I think LanDC, shooting down the idea due to the house not looking exactly like Shenhua's. Although I think her house being broken into is def a possibility given the story disposition with her stepdad and lan di being in the area.
Now that you mention all this, I'm def on your side about the timing. I'm certain Shenmue 3 will be a long game anmd a good portion of it will take place in Guilin. Especially since Shenmue 2's ending was cut so short. I'm sure there is a lot more to be seen in that chapter.

Thanks for watching brotha!

shengoro86 has received a thanks from: Sappharad
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Postby Tortu_genial » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:44 pm

thanks for the video, it is always cool to discuss about Shenmue :)
Tortu_genial
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shengoro86 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Tortu_genial wrote: thanks for the video, it is always cool to discuss about Shenmue :)

Thanks dude! :D Always love chatting about the series :)
shengoro86
Admin - Shenmue500K
Shenmue 500K Staff

Return to Community Projects