Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Elevensixty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:43 pm

We're getting close, guys! I'm nervous...
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Polybius

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:45 pm

Tomorrow is the 31st of the month I would love to wake up later in the night and see a good update.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby redline » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:04 pm

correct me if im wrong but from what ive read here over the years, this upcoming game (s3) will not be the end of ryo's adventure or shenmue. i was wondering, does anyone know what future chapter YS has in mind for the ending? s4? s5?
redline
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Elevensixty » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:59 pm

5 or 6 depending on support..

Elevensixty has received a thanks from: The_Intruder
Elevensixty
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: elevensixty
Currently playing: Polybius

Postby The_Intruder » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:01 am

Elevensixty wrote: 5 or 6 depending on support..

I think he said 5 depending how successful Shenmue 3 is.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby slus » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:57 pm

Elevensixty wrote: We're getting close, guys! I'm nervous...

I am absolutely hyped to the maximum. I am betting on gameplay being shown at Magic Monaco. Only 3 weeks left yesss!!!
slus
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami

Postby Sailor-San » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:39 am

Hi Folks,

i am new at the board, but have been a enthusiastic reader over the years.

Just wanted to say, thank you for keeping it up for Shenmue over the years. Today is another day i relive the hype of the announcement of Shenmue III. I remember it vividly what happened that day and i keep it close to my heart. :D

So every now and than i ask myself .: "What happened that day?" -"That day?" "Shenmue III was announced after over a decade of faithful waiting. #thatday

Lgreetz,
Sailor-san

Sailor-San has received 3 thanks from: celsowm, Mr357, O Rei do Frango Assado
Sailor-San
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Shenmue I+II

Postby SPG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:53 pm

redline wrote: correct me if im wrong but from what ive read here over the years, this upcoming game (s3) will not be the end of ryo's adventure or shenmue. i was wondering, does anyone know what future chapter YS has in mind for the ending? s4? s5?

After having the game saved by passionate fans and not being open and transparent about the Kickstarter (Sony wanting to judge reactions more than fans 'saving' the franchise) I think YS has a damn cheek not to finish the story in this game (S3) If this bombs like the other two then theres little to no hope of another Kickstarter being successful. After having the game saved by the fans I feel he should end the series with this game.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Shenmue 1

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:41 pm

SPG wrote:
redline wrote: correct me if im wrong but from what ive read here over the years, this upcoming game (s3) will not be the end of ryo's adventure or shenmue. i was wondering, does anyone know what future chapter YS has in mind for the ending? s4? s5?

After having the game saved by passionate fans and not being open and transparent about the Kickstarter (Sony wanting to judge reactions more than fans 'saving' the franchise) I think YS has a damn cheek not to finish the story in this game (S3) If this bombs like the other two then theres little to no hope of another Kickstarter being successful. After having the game saved by the fans I feel he should end the series with this game.

If you're assuming what all the fans want is just a closure to the story, you're wrong.
I want a quality Shenmue game, and it can't be of good quality if Suzuki rushes the story and cut a lot of the content just to finish it up at Shenmue 3.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SPG » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:29 pm

Rikitatsu wrote:
SPG wrote:

If you're assuming what all the fans want is just a closure to the story, you're wrong.
I want a quality Shenmue game, and it can't be of good quality if Suzuki rushes the story and cut a lot of the content just to finish it up at Shenmue 3.

The chances of the game being a financial success are slim. If the story isn't finished up now, I doubt it will. Yes the kickstarter was successful, broke records etc, but how many non fans are interested in this game. Very few. It's taken over a decade to get the third, it should be ended. Also looking at the kickstarter updates it will be another decade before the game is released.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Centrale » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:29 pm

SPG wrote: The chances of the game being a financial success are slim.

Never bet against Shenmue. [-X
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:34 pm

From what I remember reading Shenmue 3 is suppose to end the current story, but not the whole story. Like, it'll answer what the mysterious land far east prophecy stuff is amount, we will probably learn what the true purpose of the mirrors are, and what Lan Di's goal is but I dont think any of that will be resolved entirely.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rikitatsu » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:31 pm

SPG wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:
SPG wrote:

The chances of the game being a financial success are slim. If the story isn't finished up now, I doubt it will. Yes the kickstarter was successful, broke records etc, but how many non fans are interested in this game. Very few. It's taken over a decade to get the third, it should be ended. Also looking at the kickstarter updates it will be another decade before the game is released.

What would you prefer?

an excellently paced Shenmue game that follows Yu Suzuki original story outline, but not exactly providing closure?

Or...

A Shenmue game with terribly rushed pacing and cut corners, that sacrifices god-know-how-many story chapters just to 'End it' and provide closure

I know I'm picking the former. I don't mind if Shenmue's story is never resolved if the alternative meant we'd get a shitty closure.

Rikitatsu has received 2 thanks from: BlueCreeperBoy12, Mr357
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby SPG » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:20 am

Rikitatsu wrote:
SPG wrote:
Rikitatsu wrote:
SPG wrote:

What would you prefer?

an excellently paced Shenmue game that follows Yu Suzuki original story outline, but not exactly providing closure?

Or...

A Shenmue game with terribly rushed pacing and cut corners, that sacrifices god-know-how-many story chapters just to 'End it' and provide closure

I know I'm picking the former. I don't mind if Shenmue's story is never resolved if the alternative meant we'd get a shitty closure.

I understand what you're saying, I just think we can have closure without the sacrifice of a good game. Hell I wouldn't be bothered if the graphics were that of the Dreamcast which would mean they could make a larger game, more thorough game at the expense of aesthetics.
SPG
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Rikitatsu » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:30 pm

Evidence is mounting for a new Sonic All-Stars Racing game this year, I wonder if Ryo will be in? He's been in the past two games, so there is a high chance.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III