Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Switch

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Switch

Postby sand4fish » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:52 am

phpBB [video]

Reveal teaser. And coming out this year apparently.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Switch

Postby Sonikku » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Now to find out if it's original or a Wii U rehash. I was stunned to find out Mario Kart 8, a Wii U port, outsold a brand new game like Breath of the Wild. With sales like that Nintendo may figure it is only good business sense to release an hd remaster now with a couple bonus characters and an original Switch version of Smash four years down the road.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby sand4fish » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:35 pm

^ It looks like it's gonna be an original title given the comment Sakurai gave on his twitter.

Right now we're just at the stage where we revealed this game, but I've been working on this game in silence day after day. Please wait until we can release more information, or until release day!

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby King John Blaze » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:51 pm

Sonikku wrote: Now to find out if it's original or a Wii U rehash. I was stunned to find out Mario Kart 8, a Wii U port, outsold a brand new game like Breath of the Wild. With sales like that Nintendo may figure it is only good business sense to release an hd remaster now with a couple bonus characters and an original Switch version of Smash four years down the road.

I'm a Switch owner who has never owned a Nintendo console since the Gamecube (which was sold after a year of ownership). First game I got was Mario Kart and I expect many of do the same.

Looking forward to Smash Brothers and would have been okay with a Wii U port so happy to hear the rumours this is going to be a brand new game.

Only downside is that since I last played a Smash game on my Gamecube, a lot has changed: I no longer live in a house with 1-5 other children so local play, the main draw for me back when, is no longer there. By the time this game is released, Nintendo will be charging for online play, something I can justify paying for.
King John Blaze
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Sonikku » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Be sure to keep track of your friend codes. And also be sure you're ready for Nintendo voice chat!

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Jibby
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:48 pm

phpBB [video]

Putting this as simply fanbase catering is an understatement!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Haruto » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Sonikku wrote: Be sure to keep track of your friend codes. And also be sure you're ready for Nintendo voice chat!

What is really stupid about this is the fact that Fornite you can use voice chat on Switch by plugging a headset into the headphone jack. It's silly but not infuriating as Sony has locked everyones Fortnite Epic account. So I can't play Fornite on Switch because Sony. I have to make a new Epic account now. So I didn't bother. So word of warning do not play Fortnite on PS4. Sony locks your account.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Return to General Gaming