Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:55 pm

There's a thread for that interview here.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenmueTree » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:58 pm

Isn't discussion in official news threads frowned upon?

ShenmueTree has received a thanks from: Sailor-San
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:30 am

Is it? I guess if there's already a discussion thread on the go by the time the news is posted then that would make sense, and there'd be a link within the news post to that thread. But I can't see that being the case if it's the first and only thread on the subject.

Anyway, I was mainly pointing to it for anyone who hadn't read the interview and would therefore want to know the context behind darksniper's comment.

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: darksniper
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Sailor-San » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Time and time again i watch this tiny clip. And every single time it gets straight to the heart.... :heart: :heart:

EVERY SINGLE TIME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXJTWEEi6BM

The day when it actually comes out will be extraordinary.
Sailor-San
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue I+II

Postby ShenmueTree » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm

It would be cool if sickness were a part of the game and there was a sickness meter. Ryo needs ways to die besides getting beat up.

Also you should be forced to sleep on the street if you don't have any money. All these strangers just letting Ryo stay in their home is nonsense.
ShenmueTree
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sappharad » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: There's a thread for that interview here.

I found it interesting that they plan to use the old assets for flashback scenes. While not directly related, if we get remasters I was hoping they might make some improvements to them instead of doing direct ports or emulation. Shenmue 2 kind of leaves them in a tricky spot from that respect since the Xbox port did have the small improvements like the water and the bloom effect. If they left things as-is, either you'd get Dreamcast equivalents of both and people might be disappointed about the missing additions from 2, or there would be inconsistencies between the two games if they retain the enhancements made to the second one but do nothing different with the first.

I know some people might want the purest experience possible, but I was kind of hoping that the flashbacks would give us a taste of what the first two games could look like if they were remade in the quality of 3. Also, if Sega does remaster the first two and they do look better, it would be odd then if 3 has un-updated asserts for the flashbacks. I wouldn't mind seeing the first two games rebuilt to match 3, but that's not really feasible if they want to release them in order.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Centrale » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:41 pm

Sappharad wrote:
I found it interesting that they plan to use the old assets for flashback scenes. ... Also, if Sega does remaster the first two and they do look better, it would be odd then if 3 has un-updated asserts for the flashbacks. I wouldn't mind seeing the first two games rebuilt to match 3, but that's not really feasible if they want to release them in order.

"Assets" is a general term, so we don't know for sure what Yu Suzuki was referring to. He might have meant the old models as you're imagining, but he might have also meant the mocap/character animation data that could be applied to newer models. Assuming they still have the files with the character rigs from the older games then it would be relatively easy to bind them to new character models.

Centrale has received a thanks from: Sappharad
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SledgeNE » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:44 am

It's a good sign when Cedric Biscay tweets Pictures of him when he plays Shenmue III. The pictures means for me that he want to share that Yu Suzuki and his Team is making good progresses in development.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:12 am

SledgeNE wrote: It's a good sign when Cedric Biscay tweets Pictures of him when he plays Shenmue III. The pictures means for me that he want to share that Yu Suzuki and his Team is making good progresses in development.

Yeah, it's a good feeling but I think he shouldn't do it anymore, he's getting too much backslash because of this same pics before magic and people is getting fed up with this.

I know his intentions are good but he should try another thing.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

I'm honestly trying to not white knight Cedric, but I wish people would back off him the tiniest bit. He's one of the main reasons we're even talking about Shenmue 3 as a real game rather than a collective board fantasy.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby spud1897 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:05 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: I'm honestly trying to not white knight Cedric, but I wish people would back off him the tiniest bit. He's one of the main reasons we're even talking about Shenmue 3 as a real game rather than a collective board fantasy.

He is and I appreciate his efforts but the constant teases are driving me crazy. But in his defence on Twitter he has spoken to fans directly to reassure which I like.
spud1897
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: spud19870
Steam: spud19870
Currently playing: Horizon, Shenmue 2

Postby darksniper » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:02 pm

I'm just salty that he's playing Shenmue III and I'm not. I'll admit it lol. But it's refreshing to know that it's well under way and I think we'll see something soon. Don't think it's making it out this year in 2018 but that's okay.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby alexironaek » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:41 am

so....i was thinking....Was chai in the original shenmue 3 story or did Yu added him as a fan service due to the kickstarter? What do you guys think?
alexironaek

Postby KidMarine » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:14 am

Was Chai all that popular? I think forklifts are returning as a bit of fan service (which I'm not all that crazy about) but Chai was probably always meant to reappear.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Jibby » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:29 am

I get the impression that we were supposed to see the last of Chai during the boat chapter in between Shenmue I and II. However since that ended up being cut, I guess it makes sense that we'd run into him again at some point. Hopefully we can finish him off for good this time!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III