Is Niao Sun still planned to be the villain in Shenmue III?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Is Niao Sun still planned to be the villain in Shenmue I

Postby UltimateBeing01 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:17 pm

That looks like them....
Hmmm.....

But was is that going to be in the final game?

I guess I'm just hoping this will live up to my expectations. :rotflmao:
UltimateBeing01
Asia Travel Representative

Steam: TheUltimateBeing01
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:45 pm

UltimateBeing01 wrote: That looks like them....
Hmmm.....

Isn't pretty obvious? Lan Di will take the two mirrors and turn into a Super Saiyan 50 feet Lan Di.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby UltimateBeing01 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Yokosuka wrote:
UltimateBeing01 wrote: That looks like them....
Hmmm.....

Isn't pretty obvious? Lan Di will take the two mirrors and turn into a Super Saiyan 50 feet Lan Di.

:rotflmao:

There was a recent interview where Yu said he's considering a free battle with free flow. I immediately thought the Arkham games. I cringed. LOL.

I really hope he doesn't steal ideas from other sources. It won't work in Shenmue!
UltimateBeing01

Steam: TheUltimateBeing01
Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Sonoshee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm

UltimateBeing01 wrote:I really hope he doesn't steal ideas from other sources. It won't work in Shenmue!

Steal? He doesn't play other videogames for starters.

Yu-san has always been an innovator. You only have to look at his past works.

Sonoshee has received 3 thanks from: SheepheadCG, Sonne2, Spaghetti
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:04 pm

Basically the above.

Yu pretty famously draws his inspiration for games and even game mechanics from real life, and always has. Out Run (for example) was made because of Yu taking a driving tour through Europe and because he saw The Canon Ball Run.

Probably the closest Yu ever came to playing other games was his research into the RPG genre before Shenmue began development. Even then, the stories he tells from the time sound like he was looking for stuff he didn't like and thought he could make better; like the example about not being able to talk to NPCs unless you were head-on. You can totally see how that impacted Shenmue too, which is pretty cool.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby KidMarine » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm

I believe Gio Corsi gave him a crash course on modern games before Shenmue III was revealed, plus he went to TGS a couple of years ago to look around, didn't he? So it's not like he's totally cut-off from other games or anything.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Belgiumfan » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Here's your interview source about the bosses we will meet, if you're the spoiler type... 8)

"14) David : Looking at the development's schedule, 4 big bosses will be added to the game. Have you decided to cut some parts of the story and add the 4 main Chiyoumen bosses ?

Yu Suzuki : All I can tell you is that you're going to face Niao Sun of course, and also Lan Di !
"

Source : http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49223

I remember questioning David Deville about what Yu told him concerning Ziming, and he confirmed he was not one of the four Chi You Men leaders. The way he answered clearly indicated that Ziming is more of a Chi You Men subordinate.

I wonder if those 4 big bosses we will fight in Shenmue 3 are the two confirmed leaders and :
- the two remaining Chi You Men leaders : Koutei & Gentei (the ones in the shadows on the picture)
OR
- two sub bosses (the muscle guy and..Ziming or someone else ?), which would leave Koutei & Gentei for Shenmue 4 and the final boss Tentei for Shenmue 5.
Belgiumfan

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:24 pm

KidMarine wrote: I believe Gio Corsi gave him a crash course on modern games before Shenmue III was revealed, plus he went to TGS a couple of years ago to look around, didn't he? So it's not like he's totally cut-off from other games or anything.

That was Ryan Payton I believe. I think he had Yu play some GTA, The Wolf Among Us, and weirdly enough Destiny. It's definitely an odd story. I think even Ryan said it was kind of surreal being sat on his couch playing games with Yu Suzuki.

But yea, Yu does attend TGS, and has for a long, long time actually. I even remember a story about him being spotted in like 2007 watching a trailer for the original Assassin's Creed on a display screen or something. He seems to go irregardless of whether he has any business obligations there or not.

Yu's not entirely unplugged from the industry, but that doesn't really contradict when he stresses that he values originality and looks towards life and his hobbies for game ideas.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:26 am

Niao Sun appears even since Shenmue 2, you can see an imager of her in the credits.
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby ShenGCH » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:08 am

Not only is she going to be a villain, but it's all but confirmed we're going to be fighting her, too. Her fighting style is Fist-Dagger Mantis (or 'Mantis Dagger Fist', whichever translation is correct), which is the same as Yuan's.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby darksniper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:51 pm

ShenGCH wrote: Not only is she going to be a villain, but it's all but confirmed we're going to be fighting her, too. Her fighting style is Fist-Dagger Mantis (or 'Mantis Dagger Fist', whichever translation is correct), which is the same as Yuan's.

Any comparable style in Virtua Fighter that this matches up to by chance?
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sonoshee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:19 pm

darksniper wrote:
ShenGCH wrote: Not only is she going to be a villain, but it's all but confirmed we're going to be fighting her, too. Her fighting style is Fist-Dagger Mantis (or 'Mantis Dagger Fist', whichever translation is correct), which is the same as Yuan's.

Lion, perhaps?
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby darksniper » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Sonoshee wrote:
darksniper wrote:

Lion, perhaps?

I thought Chai's style was influenced from Lion if I'm not mistaken.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr357 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:01 pm

darksniper wrote:
Sonoshee wrote:
darksniper wrote:

Lion, perhaps?

I thought Chai's style was influenced from Lion if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct, but Yuan and Niao Sun could also use that style or variants of it. The Chai/Lion connection is far more obvious since Chai even crouches the same way as Lion.
Mr357
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:11 am

Oh yes, Niao Sun will be in S3 and I guess the battle against Lan Di may also happen. Yu has been clear that Lan Di will not be the final boss for the Shenmue Saga and if he's planning to put four major boss fights into S3, I guess Lan Di may well be one of them.

But holy cow, this Niao Sun teaser video, even though it's like 20 years old and from VHS, still gives me goosebumps even to this day. Can't wait to finally, finally "meet" her.
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III