Sega Festival 2018 - FES

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Can't verify it personally but apparently on SEGA's Yakuza stream earlier today it was said the announcement is coming in the evening PDT, so should be towards the start of the event in that case.

Likely part of the opening section, so be sure to get watching early. Also, there's a difference between the Twitch and YouTube streams apparently, with one showing just the stage, and another being stage + a broadcast. No idea which of these will have the announcement, so keep your eyes peeled.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Senpai Gamer » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:30 pm

It could be Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. Why else would they tweet back at the twitter user who mentioned Shenmue 1 and 2 HD specifically. Im just saying or hoping it IS Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. The release of Shenmue 3 is end of this year, so announcing it now and releasing it post E3 2018 would make sense.
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

Postby Telekill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 pm

punkmanced wrote:(...and secretly hoping for a Dreamcast 2)

As a Sega fan, I can honestly say that I hope they don't get back into the console biz. This would kill my hopes of Shenmue completing its story on the Playstation systems. They would undoubtedly stop third party support and start putting all their IPs onto the Dreamcast successor. I don't want to purchase another system.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby darksniper » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Senpai Gamer wrote: It could be Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. Why else would they tweet back at the twitter user who mentioned Shenmue 1 and 2 HD specifically. Im just saying or hoping it IS Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. The release of Shenmue 3 is end of this year, so announcing it now and releasing it post E3 2018 would make sense.

Because this is Sega we're talking about here. Optimism and Sega don't belong in the same sentence. Remember that Ben Harbourne guy who said "we may be working" on Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia with a shit eating grin? That shit eating grin wasn't because they were actually working on the game, but moreso because he knew Sega doesn't give a damn about consumer demands. At this point I'd believe Adam Doree more than an official Sega tweet.

At best we're getting Yakuza 7. But we'll see. I'm tired of Sega botching what could be a perfect storm of Shenmue leading up to the release of 3.
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:58 pm

The announcement isn't Yakuza related, FYI.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby ShenSun » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:59 pm

Yeah, i do remember the Ben guy interview before, so im not getting my hopes up. I'll check back every now and again to see what the outcome is.
ShenSun
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Telekill » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:02 pm

One thing is for sure. Anything except a Shenmue HD Collection will be a disappointment. Expected.... but a disappointment.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Sappharad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Can't verify it personally but apparently on SEGA's Yakuza stream earlier today it was said the announcement is coming in the evening PDT, so should be towards the start of the event in that case.

It's probably during the opening then. Switch's post doesn't seem to mention the description of the first event right now.

10:30 to 11:00 – Thanks to All Sega Fans: Sega Fan Meet-Up 2018 (YouTube, Niconico, Twitch) – An event where Sega will thank all of its fans. Sega Holdings chairman, executive director, and CEO Hajime Satomi will appear to announce the opening of Sega Fes 2018, as well as make it a place where several “answers” can be shown in response to the passion and expectations of all the Sega fans.

Alternate schedule translation:
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/sega-fes-20 ... m-schedule

The segment begins 2 hours and 20 minutes after I made this post.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby mrandyk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm

Have they done a Genesis Mini yet? Could see them having that as the huge announcement.
mrandyk
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby punkmanced » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:44 pm

Or a Dreamcast mini.
(Hence Sega playing footsie with the Shenmue community.)
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sappharad » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:56 pm

In other words, it's the "sega fans" event that I pasted the description of a few posts up.

Only ~90 minutes now.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Yeah. Just reiterating from the proverbial horse's mouth. Hope everybody is sitting comfortably...
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby James Brown » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:12 pm

For anyone just joining, hopefully you have a few monitors, because there's quite alot going on :D

Currently 315 people waiting in the youtube link -
https://youtu.be/bLHAMwGyDNE

Also Sega of America appear to be streaming on their twitch channel aswell, probably just a direct feed of the Japan one though, but both this and the youtube chat are full of english people...so pick your poision :) -
https://www.twitch.tv/Sega

James Brown has received a thanks from: celsowm
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Spaghetti » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:33 pm

https://twitter.com/SEGA/status/984950439337758720

Whatever this is, SEGA is hyping it up.
Spaghetti