Which version will you play first?

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Which version will you play first? (Total votes: 66)

PS4
61%
Xbox One
11%
PC
29%

Which version will you play first?

Postby Axm » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 pm

I don't think I have made my mind up 100% yet considering I would like to know if a specific version has any real advantage over another.
However, I have all systems and am leaning towards PS4 first, PC second, XBO third.
Leaning towards PS4 first because that will also be how I play Shenmue 3 at first too.

I can't believe I can even say these things right now.. \:D/
Last edited by Axm on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Re: Which version will you play first?

Postby Supa » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:44 pm

Axm wrote: I don't think I have made my mind up 100% yet considering I would like to know if a specific version has any real advantage over another.
However I have all systems and am leaning towards PS4 first, PC second, XBO third.

PS4 first for me. I bought a Pro when III was announced, and will continue to support it there. But...with things like Panzer Dragoon Orta getting a One X backwards compatibility update, I may buy a One X eventually and get a copy there as well.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:06 am

PS4 for me! I want to play it first on a console.
Then I'll start pushing the boundaries of the PC version to see what it's capable of (4k hopefully!)
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Sappharad » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:13 am

Also PS4 first here. I planned to play Shenmue 3 on PS4 first, and I feel like it makes sense to play it on a console. I will probably play it again on PC though afterward. My PS4 is a standard model and I only have a 1080p TV, but I have a 4K monitor for my desktop and it handles older games like this just fine in 4K.

Same deal with Shenmue 3, but I doubt my desktop will run that at 4K so I'll probably be stuck at 1080 for that.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:22 am

PC. I was mid-way through Disk 2 on my latest DEMUL run, but now I'll just sit and wait for HD.

Absolutely gagging to play Shenmue II again though. Watching people stream it has made me hungry for my favourite game of all time.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Truck_1_0_1_
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Niowiad » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:47 am

PC. I dont have the new consoles and to be completely frank I cant consider myself a gamer anymore.
The first time I played the two games it was in high school back in 2003, and I used to play videogames A LOT.
I've been playing less and less starting from 25-26 years old and as of today I literally haven't been playing anything in the last 2-3 years. Can't really find much time for that.
Shenmue (HD and 3) will likely be the only exception.

I wish it was released oh physical support for PC as well, and sit next to the Kickstarter physical PC copy, but I'm just glad it's finally out. I was quite pessimistic \:D/
Niowiad
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby GYO6161 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 am

I'm gonna purchase a 4K TV and boot up dat baby on the PC at 4K. =P~

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby BlueMue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:06 am

I'm going to play it on Xbox One first.

I've been dreaming about achievements in Shenmue for the longest time so I have to pick this regardles of what the other versions may be able to do. Also here's hope it will eventually be made X enhanced, at best until its release.
I still don't have a PS4 again so the choice is double clear. PC is going to be interesting though, as it will have the most easy access to possible resolution increases and of course mods. I'm interested to see how the games have been ported or emulated internally. I'm also puzzled what version to pick when the time comes to redo all the sorts of videos for my channel.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Superrayman3 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:15 am

I backed the kickstarter for Shenmue III with the only choice I see myself playing the game on, Physical PS4 version with backer exclusive case, and if everything goes right I plan on buying 2 more physical copies using the slacker backer campaign to support the release further before the game comes out, I once said on the SEGA forums something along the lines of if I could I would gladly pay I believe it was $180.00 for 3 copies if that's what it took to support the game, but I wanted to see something significant happen in order to justify the money, but to be honest we didn't really get that with the kickstarter updates, but now if Shenmue I & II HD upcoming release is any indication Shenmue III might be almost ready to go (we'll probably see something soon and that will be when I will probably buy two more physical PS4 versions which coincidently enough will equal $180) so I plan on finally being able to put my money where my mouth is.
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:21 am

I would like to play it on the PC, but it might be a PS4 exclusive in Japan. If so, I will play it on the PS4!!!

I cannot believe that we can play this game in HD, I can't wait to hear the music and to go back to 1980's Japan.

By the way, do you think Save Files will pass on from Shenmue I to Shenmue II and maybe even to Shenmue III! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Is this a dream?
Kirino_Matsuyama
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby ShenGCH » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:36 am

PC for the ultimate experience, provided they don't cock up the port. I'll buy it on PS4 just to have a physical copy, though.
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Amir » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 am

PC; I got a laptop with an i7-6700HQ, GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB of RAM in August 2017, will be playing Shenmue III on that as well. I may get a PS4 in a year or two just to play Last Guardian, SotC, Spider-Man, and the Yakuza series, we'll see.

I have a wired Xbox 360 controller that I got for about £16, I love playing console-based games on my laptop with this thing (recently played Bayonetta and Vanquish with it), possibly my favourite controller (I'm not that big on the Xbone controller).
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Esppiral » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:34 am

Going to play it on Xbox One X first and foremost, I am glad it is not a sony exclusive...
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Rakim » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:17 am

PS4. I'm gonna buy one just for this shit.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:19 am

I'll buy it for my PS4 so I have a physical copy, but I'll probably play on Steam\PC first :)
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release