Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

Postby BlueMue » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:26 pm

My guess as to why they don't call it HD in any way is that the term is starting to get really old, especially in this 4K day and age. Generally frees it from the resolution "limit" aswell. Still the name is a bit too ambiguous.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:53 pm

I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Years and years of campaigning all paid off. Also, what was said about skies of arcadia?
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Centrale » Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:53 pm

Aimless Gamer wrote: I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. Years and years of campaigning all paid off. Also, what was said about skies of arcadia?

It's my understanding that Skies of Arcadia was shown in a countdown of the most requested games. So, basically Sega acknowledged that they get a lot of fan requests for Skies, but nothing more than that at this point.

Centrale has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 pm

I was so confused though. Shenmue was number 4, so what were 3,2 and 1?

When i seen Shenmue was 4 i was sure it wasnt going to happen.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Peter wrote: I was so confused though. Shenmue was number 4, so what were 3,2 and 1?

When i seen Shenmue was 4 i was sure it wasnt going to happen.

I hope sega keeps the remakes coming.
Aimless Gamer

Postby BalHan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:07 pm

I’m sorry but I’m still unsure as to what we’ll be getting with the re-release as far as the cosmetic improvements of the games goes. I don’t mean to be a pain but could someone please clarify that what we’ll be getting will be something like the Shenmue videos that kid nocon made and uploaded on YouTube.

That’s what I’m hoping for as I’m sure many of you are. But I don’t think that’s what we’ll be getting going on the trailer that sega have released.
BalHan
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 pm

BalHan wrote: I’m sorry but I’m still unsure as to what we’ll be getting with the re-release as far as the cosmetic improvements of the games goes. I don’t mean to be a pain but could someone please clarify that what we’ll be getting will be something like the Shenmue videos that kid nocon made and uploaded on YouTube.

That’s what I’m hoping for as I’m sure many of you are. But I don’t think that’s what we’ll be getting going on the trailer that sega have released.

it's just a hd port not full remake. however, we are getting modern controls and a new UI all for $30.
Aimless Gamer

Postby KidMarine » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:33 pm

BalHan wrote: I’m sorry but I’m still unsure as to what we’ll be getting with the re-release as far as the cosmetic improvements of the games goes. I don’t mean to be a pain but could someone please clarify that what we’ll be getting will be something like the Shenmue videos that kid nocon made and uploaded on YouTube.

Of course not, that would be rebuilding the game from scratch. What we're definitely getting is the first two games in HD with options for updated controls and English/Japanese languages. We might be getting some improved textures here and there or higher quality audio too but that's just speculation at this point.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:46 pm

It's not a remake so cosmetic improvements won't be anything massive. You can expect 16:9 aspect ratio and HD resolution as well as possibly some new lighting and post-processing. That trailer is work in process so things will definitely improve further before release.

However, I think we should look at the bigger picture. Whilst we may not be getting super improved 'remake quality' graphics from this remaster, what we are getting is an easy and convenient way for people to access Shenmue as well as the preservation of the first two games. These are two of the best features of any possible Shenmue remaster I'd say.

Jibby has received a thanks from: BlueMue
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:32 pm

SEGA were never going to fork out for a remake. It was never on the cards.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Senpai Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:09 pm

"Regarding a Switch release, Sega says, "We are focusing on the console and PC versions only right now," meaning there's a possibility it could come to the Nintendo platform."

So it could come to switch too! Maan shenmue on the go sounds awesome.
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

Postby Kiske » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:16 pm

I don't know how you do feel, but I'm still struggling to believe "Shenmue 1&2" on modern systems is real.
Can you imagine we are going to be able to play the three games on PS4 or PC?

Having a save file that can be carried on from game to game is now something not impossible anymore!

Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby WildManofBorneo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm

I'm gonna hold off playing the first two until Shenmue 3 is released - and then I'll go on a week long gaming bender.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Senpai Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:00 pm

darksniper wrote:
Senpai Gamer wrote: It could be Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. Why else would they tweet back at the twitter user who mentioned Shenmue 1 and 2 HD specifically. Im just saying or hoping it IS Shenmue 1 and 2 HD. The release of Shenmue 3 is end of this year, so announcing it now and releasing it post E3 2018 would make sense.

Because this is Sega we're talking about here. Optimism and Sega don't belong in the same sentence. Remember that Ben Harbourne guy who said "we may be working" on Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia with a shit eating grin? That shit eating grin wasn't because they were actually working on the game, but moreso because he knew Sega doesn't give a damn about consumer demands. At this point I'd believe Adam Doree more than an official Sega tweet.

At best we're getting Yakuza 7. But we'll see. I'm tired of Sega botching what could be a perfect storm of Shenmue leading up to the release of 3.

You were saying? Always have optimism my friend. [-o<
Senpai Gamer
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Dragon Quest IX

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III