Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Aimless Gamer wrote:so you pity him because him because he doesn't want people begging on the site but kids that play games in hospitals is bad? gaming for me then was a welcome distraction from pain.

I pity him because his hate would deny a $30 game to a poverty-stricken person because his lack of understanding never allowed him to take a minute and muster a bit of empathy.

You're saying gaming was a distraction from pain for you and that's great for you, but a) if gaming actually was a distraction from pain, it would be a global medical treatment - as it is in most cases, pain distracts from gaming b) you completely dismiss my position in life.

A person who can't afford video games is not in a position to wonder around children's hospitals handling out video games because the said person needs help himself/herself. It's was a pathetic logical fallacy. Argumentum ad passiones used without actual care just to have a lulz on the Internet. I pity the person who would bring this after 6 years because the hate and egocentrism is so strong inside that person.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Dorian wrote:
Peter wrote: This wasnt a debate. Your post above...i dont even know where to begin to fathom how your mind works but somehow you bring up killing babies? WTF? But i can assure you that whilst you may think in your own head you sound logical, you are speaking to someone who has worked in a Childrens hospital for over 10 years, so dont even go down the road of your logic knows better than my experience.

In regards to asking for a free game on the site? Not happening.

The debate back then with Riku was OBVIOUSLY referred to. The mental image of me killing innocent babies in children's hospitals was created by him back then with that deplorable argumentum ad passiones.

For once, you could put the minimum effort in reading into something the other fellow has to say, instead of glancing at it and taking parts out of context.

You think it's so bad when a poverty-stricken person asks for help in playing Shenmue I-II HD for 30 dollars? You know what? I pity you. You're so deep into your irrational hate rooted in your lack of understanding that you're bringing out that personal vendetta you have against me EVEN THOUGH you said it yourself that you're willing to throw free copies of this game out of the window.

Dorian, maybe you could sell one of your other games if you really want Shenmue HD. There are 46 games on your PSN account, and they can't all be download copies.

BlueCreeperBoy12 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:05 pm

Dorian wrote:
Aimless Gamer wrote:so you pity him because him because he doesn't want people begging on the site but kids that play games in hospitals is bad? gaming for me then was a welcome distraction from pain.

I pity him because his hate would deny a $30 game to a poverty-stricken person because his lack of understanding never allowed him to take a minute and muster a bit of empathy.

You're saying gaming was a distraction from pain for you and that's great for you, but a) if gaming actually was a distraction from pain, it would be a global medical treatment - as it is in most cases, pain distracts from gaming b) you completely dismiss my position in life.

A person who can't afford video games is not in a position to wonder around children's hospitals handling out video games because the said person needs help himself/herself. It's was a pathetic logical fallacy. Argumentum ad passiones used without actual care just to have a lulz on the Internet. I pity the person who would bring this after 6 years because the hate and egocentrism is so strong inside that person.

how can you honestly say distractions don't help with pain? I'm guessing you've never really had any significant pain over an extended period.
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Hyo Razuki wrote:Chances are S1 & 2 HD will come out during the second half of 2018. You've got at least three months time to save up 30 bucks.

And if it takes you six months to save up 30 bucks, it's gonna take you six months. 5 bucks a month. Come on.

You've even got enough time to start working a (second) job before the games will come out. I believe in you. You can do it.

If that was the case, I wouldn't ask. That really should be enough for people to understand. Don't assume 5 bucks for your is the same as 5 bucks for me.

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:Dorian, maybe you could sell one of your other games if you really want Shenmue HD. There are 46 games on your PSN account, and they can't all be download copies.

I didn't complete the games I own. The ones I could sell, I already had sold last year to get Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami and Persona 5. I'm out of things I'm willing to sell. Again, if I could solve this so easily, I wouldn't ask for help.

Aimless Gamer wrote:how can you honestly say distractions don't help with pain? I'm guessing you've never really had any significant pain over an extended period.

You're guessing wrong. Pain is an obvious distraction in itself. What you're talking about is a pain dulled my medication and getting distracted from the treatment.
Last edited by Dorian on Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Look, personal circumstances aside, this forum isn't the right place to ask people to buy games for you.

Discussion is beginning to get a bit off topic so I ask that we reel it back in a bit please.

Jibby has received 3 thanks from: BigTuna, gillian_seed, VukBZ2005
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Telekill » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:11 pm

@Dorian, @Peter

Guys... this should be a time to celebrate. Let's please keep the hostilities as private messages if they have to happen at all.

Dorian - In reference to Aimless Gamer, let's calm down a bit here. It sounded like you were dismissing the pain and suffering of kids which is why Aimless Gamer is taking offense. If you didn't mean it that way, then please let him know it was an accidental slip.

As for your current stress over a lack of funds, I can fully understand where you're coming from and your difficulties shouldn't be dismissed either.

Everyone put the brakes on and please check your anger at the door.

Telekill has received 4 thanks from: Aimless Gamer, Mr357, SickOctopus, VukBZ2005
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:12 pm

Well, OK, I don't need this game to waddle through my poverty, of course. It's just a plea for help which was blown over by people who have a personal vendetta against me. I never intended to go beyond the initial post asking for help, but I had to reply to the nonsensical accusations of certain hate-fueled individuals.

**User was warned for this post**
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Aimless Gamer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:15 pm

sorry I wasn't trying to derail topic. $30 bucks is a steal for both games.
Aimless Gamer

XBL: Aimless Gamer

Postby Dorian » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Aimless Gamer wrote: sorry I wasn't trying to derail topic. $30 bucks is a steal for both games.

I'm sorry if you felt as if I'm dismissing your pain. I only meant that a raw pain is a distraction in itself. The brain can't focus with that. However, you must have meant pain dulled with medications and being distracted from the whole process of treatment. Also, you simply guessed wrong that I "never really had any significant pain over an extended period." I don't want to bring such personal stories online because some ill-willed person will jump on this and say I'm boasting or confabulating, but you were wrong because I experienced that multiple times. I was hit by a car driven by a drunk when I was in elementary school, to name just once instance.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Good deal. It won't be $30.00 forever. Steam sale will probably make the game available at $10.00 eventually.

Wude-Tang Clan has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:33 pm

Buuuut you're gonna buy it day one to support Shenmue.

Right?
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Wude-Tang Clan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:42 pm

I can always pawn my gold tooth.

Wude-Tang Clan has received 3 thanks from: Niowiad, Spaghetti, VukBZ2005
Wude-Tang Clan

Postby Sokora » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:23 pm

Great news! HD Shenmue and Dorian returns

Dorian wrote: Well, OK, I don't need this game to waddle through my poverty, of course. It's just a plea for help which was blown over by people who have a personal vendetta against me. I never intended to go beyond the initial post asking for help, but I had to reply to the nonsensical accusations of certain hate-fueled individuals.

**User was warned for this post**

Have you tried getting a job? Ive heard you get money for doing one of those

Sokora has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Jibby » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:50 pm

Sokora wrote: Have you tried getting a job? Ive heard you get money for doing one of those

Come on now, let's not escalate things. Keep the thread on topic please.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Cyberman » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Sweet. I thought it would be more.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext