Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Postby Dorian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:29 pm

Sh3ppy wrote:I don’t quite understand how someone that claims to be poverty stricken can own a PS4 and multiple games. I’ve lived with no money in the past, and there was absolutely no way I could even have fathomed owning a latest gen games console at the time. Asking for a free game is in very poor taste, especially given the circumstances I mention above.

Back on topic, 29.99 is a much better price that I had envisaged.

What's not to understand? I've bought a PS4 with a few games when I had some cash in 2016. I don't have any income anymore. In fact, if you bothered to look at my PSN account, you should know that I can't afford games for months now because I didn't add any new ones. Plus, I actually had to sell games to buy the PS4 ones. I'm out of things to sell. I can't even afford a replacement DualShock 3 for my PS3. I asked for help because I need it and it's hardly in bad taste. Sharing is not a sin. It's a virtue. Asking for help is not in bad taste. It's what people do when they're in a pinch. Just look around you. All those GoFundMe and Patreon links on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. If you don't want to help, then it's your call, but stop judging. You have no idea where I live and what I have to go through.

This is such a small request considering the price and so many people will buy multiple copies anyway. As David Sylvian recently put it, the sporting analogy of winners/losers, as if life’s a game, is sick. We all are simply coping as best we can in life. Judging people like you just did is a form of self-definition showing a primitive, binary approach to life.
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: stuff

Postby zacharyrosco » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:49 pm

Stop ya'll
zacharyrosco
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Currently playing: Zelda BOTW

Postby Sokora » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:48 pm

Dorian wrote:
Sh3ppy wrote:I don’t quite understand how someone that claims to be poverty stricken can own a PS4 and multiple games. I’ve lived with no money in the past, and there was absolutely no way I could even have fathomed owning a latest gen games console at the time. Asking for a free game is in very poor taste, especially given the circumstances I mention above.

Back on topic, 29.99 is a much better price that I had envisaged.

What's not to understand? I've bought a PS4 with a few games when I had some cash in 2016. I don't have any income anymore. In fact, if you bothered to look at my PSN account, you should know that I can't afford games for months now because I didn't add any new ones. Plus, I actually had to sell games to buy the PS4 ones. I'm out of things to sell. I can't even afford a replacement DualShock 3 for my PS3. I asked for help because I need it and it's hardly in bad taste. Sharing is not a sin. It's a virtue. Asking for help is not in bad taste. It's what people do when they're in a pinch. Just look around you. All those GoFundMe and Patreon links on social media sites like Twitter and Facebook. If you don't want to help, then it's your call, but stop judging. You have no idea where I live and what I have to go through.

This is such a small request considering the price and so many people will buy multiple copies anyway. As David Sylvian recently put it, the sporting analogy of winners/losers, as if life’s a game, is sick. We all are simply coping as best we can in life. Judging people like you just did is a form of self-definition showing a primitive, binary approach to life.

Just get a job

Sokora has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
Sokora
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Dorian » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:54 pm

Sokora wrote:Just get a job

Just come here and get well-paid jobs for the both of us. Walk the walk instead of talking the talk. You have no idea about me, so stop the nonsense. I live in a country where there are illegal North Korean immigrants being exploited for cheap labor.

You don't want to help - OK. Just don't judge something you don't even understand.

***User suspended for 1 week. "Arrogant, pandering, negative, toxic & egotistical."***

***UPDATE - User was identified on Twitter, staff determined them as being rude and demanding to D3T. Permanently banned***
Dorian
Banned
Banned

PSN: Takehaniyasubiko
Currently playing: stuff

Postby Peter » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Come back in a week, when you learn this place isn't based on your individual thoughts or personal circumstance. I must be out of my mind to only issue a ban for a week, but as i said, this place isn't what it was. Your posting attitude is not flying around here anymore, and i wont have it spreading to other members. Every thread in here has been in good spirits with constructive criticism and positivity, even from some of the more hard-line critics we have seen on the boards in recent years.
Come back in a week with a changed attitude or don't come back at all.

Now, this topic is regarding the price point of the games. Keep it on point.

Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby johnvivant » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:20 pm

its a good price. I'm hoping they will announce an interesting collectors edition in the near future and include things like figurines, capsule toys, replica notebook, face sticking plaster, remote control forklift, replica mirrors. things like that.

johnvivant has received 3 thanks from: BayStone, celsowm, VukBZ2005
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Riku Rose » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:07 pm

Dorian wrote:As David Sylvian recently put it, the sporting analogy of winners/losers, as if life’s a game, is sick. We all are simply coping as best we can in life. Judging people like you just did is a form of self-definition showing a primitive, binary approach to life.

David Sylvian is actually my 2nd cousin, not even making that up.

He’d think you’re insufferable.

Riku Rose has received 2 thanks from: BigTuna, VukBZ2005
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby BigTuna » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:58 am

Spaghetti wrote: There's still a dividing line between HD and III that we don't know is going to be bridged yet. Symbolically trotting him out would have been nice, but I dunno if either party wants to start muddying the water on the degrees of separation between SEGA's project and YSnet's project just yet.

I was wondering about this. Do you guys think the updated controls will be a glimpse at what Shenmue III will feel like? My initial reaction was analoge or d-pad. But it’s sounding like it may be something more. Which is great!

$30 is crazy cheap. I assumed it’d be $60. I was going to buy two, one for my XOne and one for my PS4. But at that price I’ll be buying 2 copies for each console.
BigTuna
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby Ceej » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:31 am

Any idea where Game Informer got this information? I haven't seen any official confirmation on this from Sega.
Ceej

Postby celsowm » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:44 am

Ceej wrote: Any idea where Game Informer got this information? I haven't seen any official confirmation on this from Sega.

Koralik confirmed this price too

and now he is "the best source":

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 9599624192
celsowm

PSN: celsowmbr

Postby Ceej » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

Thanks, I wasn't aware of him before today but I gave him a follow.
Ceej

Postby staplepuffs27 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Great price! I will likely buy a PS4 version at first, and pick up the Steam version later.
staplepuffs27
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: staplepuffs27
Currently playing: Sonic CD

Postby dietsoap » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:28 pm

zacharyrosco wrote: Stop ya'll

lmao

jasonorme666 wrote: I think it's a good price, but to be honest, if it was $60, I'd have still paid it.

Yep. On one hand, I worry they're leaving money on the table, but on the other, I can't help but love that price! Plus I'm sure this will result in more people unacquainted with the series picking it up.
dietsoap
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Previous

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release