Release Date Speculation

(Shenmue I & II Re-Release Discussion)

When will Shenmue 1&2 HD release in 2018? (Total votes: 76)

April - June
9%
July - September
36%
October - December
55%

Re: Release Date Speculation

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:53 pm

From what I've read on my side, some people interested by Shenmue urge the game to release before September, because of RDR2. The hype surrounding the Rockstar's title looks monumental.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Sappharad » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Considering that Shenmue 3 voice acting starts being recorded soon, I don't agree with any of the people saying mid to late 2019 on that. If they're doing VO, most of the scenes and dialogue are already locked down and we should expect the game less than a year after they start recording. So April 2019 would be the latest I could see them pushing Shenmue 3 out to. At the moment I'm feeling like December 2018 is the earliest Shenmue 3 could be out, with April 2019 being the latest.

That in mind, and I don't think they'll want to launch in the same month as Yakuza Kiwami 2, I'm guessing July. That gives them about 2 months to finish and release to manufacturing.

Sappharad has received 2 thanks from: khmlight3, VukBZ2005
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby dietsoap » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:19 pm

HD - Q3 2018
III - Q2 2019
dietsoap
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Sappharad wrote: Considering that Shenmue 3 voice acting starts being recorded soon, I don't agree with any of the people saying mid to late 2019 on that. If they're doing VO, most of the scenes and dialogue are already locked down and we should expect the game less than a year after they start recording. So April 2019 would be the latest I could see them pushing Shenmue 3 out to. At the moment I'm feeling like December 2018 is the earliest Shenmue 3 could be out, with April 2019 being the latest.

That in mind, and I don't think they'll want to launch in the same month as Yakuza Kiwami 2, I'm guessing July. That gives them about 2 months to finish and release to manufacturing.

But that's assuming that they're still on schedule to start voice recording in late May. We don't really have much details other than Corey saying the last he heard he would be doing it then.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby punkmanced » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:07 pm

The later the better, especially if Shenmue 3 gets delayed again (which I hope happens).

I want both teams to take their sweet, sweet time with each game in order for us to get the highest quality version possible.

punkmanced has received 2 thanks from: KidMarine, Rakim
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Valascaziel » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Assuming that assessment of completion percentage is accurate(70%)..

I would say the optimist in me pegs this as a surprise "Available Now" with a brief trailer right after a stunning re-reveal of Shenmue III on Sony's big stage. It is fairly common that some developers show their product on a certain console stage, even if is multiplatform(i.e. Kingdom Hearts III)

Obviously, I'm going on a thin limb here. Barring that, I would say between July and September.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby NismoZZzz » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:03 pm

It will be between September and December. Yakuza Kiwami 2 comes out on August 28th in the states. UNLESS SEGA pulls a fast one at E3 and releases it in June or July.
NismoZZzz
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Arm Wrestler » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:17 am

I like to think that it will be released sooner than later since it seems that they were already testing achievements, which is probably one of the last things you add to a game, considering they have to make sure things in the game work properly and all.
Arm Wrestler
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:23 am

July - September would be the awesomest Release-Date ever, but i doubt that this will be happens. On the other side: I wondered myself in the last year, when Life is Strange Before the Storm was announced and August was the Release-Date. Life is Strange has becomes a hyped title since the first game. But this was an another thing because the Episodes was developed in the coming months. With an already existing Shenmue-Port it COULD be able to do the same thing. But from Marketing-Strategy side it must be a date that this game will not collide with the bigger games. I don't know, but i think it will be in the middle, not too early, not too late. I can't give a tipp. I was wondering that Corey and the Japan-Actor have stated that officially with voice recordings, but this could be means so different things (Trailer, Full Game, for development-parts, testing, etc..) It's interesting and exciting to see what is going on. That the official Trailer ends without an concrete Release-Date i'm very open for every date. 8)
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Gastarot » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:16 am

Sorry guys let me tell you simply what will be happen :

December 2018 - Shenmue 1 & 2 (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
December 2019 - Shenmue 3 (PS4, PC)
Decembre 2020 - Shenmue 1 Kiwami (PS5, Xbox Two, PC)
Decembre 2021 - Shenmue 2 Kiwami (PS5, Xbox Two, PC)
December 2022 - Shenmue 4 (PS5, Xbox Two, PC)
Decembre 2023 - Shenmue 0 Kiwami (PS5, Xbox Two, PC)
Decembre 2024 - Shenmue Collector Collection Definitive Edition (PS5, Xbox Two, PC)
Decembre 2025 - Shenmue x Yakuza - an orginal story (PS6, Xbox Three, PC)

Fans will never finish to paye, Enjoy ! :king:
Gastarot
Banned
Banned

PSN: Gastarot
Steam: Gastarot
Currently playing: Jet Set Radio

Postby BigTuna » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:35 am

My gut says June. But a September release wouldn’t surprise me at all.
BigTuna

Currently playing: Breath Of The Wild

Postby DL30 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 pm

Regardless of when it comes out,I'm sure they'll announce both the HD collection and Shenmue 3s release dates at E3.
DL30

Postby punkmanced » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:26 pm

Pre-orders in the US all list the release date as Dec 31, 2018.
Placeholder?
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Centrale » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:51 pm

D3T Allen mentioned that he thought development had progressed a bit more than the 70% quoted in the Famitsu article, so I'm inclined to think the release date will be closer to E3 than to the end of the year. Of course that aligns quite well with my own wishful thinking, as I'd love to be playing this all summer.

Centrale has received 2 thanks from: FlagshipFighter, GYO6161
Centrale
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Tosh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:56 pm

a release shortly after E3 would be great. i could switch from Yakuza 6 to Shenmue HD,
then from Shenmue HD to Yakuza Kiwami 2
and then from Kiwami 2 to Shenmue 3. that would be awesome.
Tosh
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue I & II Re-Release