Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter update #81 - Shenmue 3 delayed until 2019

Postby Technophilz » Wed May 16, 2018 12:03 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:That's an obvious bait post, but why would we expect anything less from you. If we don't feed him he won't keep creating this drivel guys n girls...

You have the right to disagree with everything I say, I am (and will always be) fine with that.

I realise that the journey of this project hasn't been as pleasant as we all want it to be, but still, and unlike the vast majority of people here, I chose to realistically examine this journey and from its' very beginning, not through my rosey dreams and wishful thoughts.

I also fully realise that this choice won't be popular here, and will make those who base their opinions on wishes and dreams (instead of real solid facts) see my posts as drivel, because they simply are not to their liking.

But are they really? I think everything that's happened so far has shown without a doubt, time after time, that they actually aren't.
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Spaghetti » Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Update drops, you turn up to shit post.

I could set my mother fucking watch to you doing this.

How's that for a fact.

Spaghetti has received 2 thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS, VukBZ2005
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby darksniper » Wed May 16, 2018 12:08 pm

Technophilz wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:That's an obvious bait post, but why would we expect anything less from you. If we don't feed him he won't keep creating this drivel guys n girls...

You have the right to disagree with everything I say, I am (and will always be) fine with that.

I realise that the journey of this project hasn't been as pleasant as we all want it to be, but still, and unlike the vast majority of people here, I chose to realistically examine this journey and from its' very beginning, not through my rosey dreams and wishful thoughts.

I also fully realise that this choice won't be popular here, and will make those who base their opinions on wishes and dreams (instead of real solid facts) see my posts as drivel, because they simply are not to their liking.

But are they really? I think everything that's happened so far has shown without a doubt, time after time, that they actually aren't.

I don't see how more money being put into Shenmue III can be a bad thing. The only negative about this is that we have to wait another year or so. If you can't see the positive in that, then Shenmue III likely won't live up to your "expectations" no matter what. Personally I'd advise you to not buy the game at all and save yourself some time, money and grief.
Last edited by darksniper on Wed May 16, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

darksniper has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
darksniper
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby dietsoap » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

This is a good thing and I'm glad they finally announced a delay. Even if they were secretly further along with the game than they have let on, releasing just a few months after Shenmue 1 and 2 bundled together would've been a mistake imo. Both are fairly large games, so I think a lot of newcomers to the franchise with full time jobs would've still been too busy working on SHD to even bother buying SIII at launch. And as we all know, launch sales and hype are absolutely critical.

Edit: also was pleasantly surprised to see most the comments on the Gematsu article have been largely positive.

dietsoap has received a thanks from: KidMarine
dietsoap
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Jibby » Wed May 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Technophilz wrote:But are they really?

When you blatantly contradict yourself, yes.
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby johnjohnbrem » Wed May 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Update drops, you turn up to shit post.

I could set my mother fucking watch to you doing this.

How's that for a fact.

one could argue that you guys are overeacting a bit, but i'm not really trying to defend anyone here.
every now and again there comes the stench of semi-totalitarianism. but hey, then again, not trying to defend anyone. I don't really care, tbh, just stating an opinion.

johnjohnbrem has received 2 thanks from: Reprise, SickOctopus
johnjohnbrem
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: PUBG

Postby shredingskin » Wed May 16, 2018 12:18 pm

Why are people so sure about an E3 no show ?
I thought this the other way, like "we tell this now, so the next batch of stuff doesn't taste sour with the delay announcement" or something like that.

But yeah, the lack of season of 2019 is a little worrying, thinking that it might be later half of the year (so they can get to E3 2019).

I don't really care, and I just hope the development is going smoothly and not because they're having it rough (having financiation to keep going almost another year is good nonetheless).

shredingskin has received a thanks from: Reprise
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Haruto » Wed May 16, 2018 12:20 pm

Received the email this morning. I feel everyone saw this coming.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonoshee » Wed May 16, 2018 12:38 pm

I was expecting it and honestly I am not in the least bit disappointed.

This means only good things for the game.

We have Shenmue HD to help us through anyway!
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:54 pm

I'm glad it was delayed. It will be more polished for release, and it gives me more times to make a new computer.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby WildManofBorneo » Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Given the strong preorder sales numbers for the forthcoming HD releases, there's good reason to believe that Deep Silver has sufficiently increased the budget for Shenmue 3. This injection of capital would not only provide YSNet with additional development time (as we have learned), but more importantly afford the resources to increase the number of staff working on the project.
Last edited by WildManofBorneo on Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Niowiad » Wed May 16, 2018 12:55 pm

Since last year (mid 2017) when they delayed it (to late 2018), I've always been under the impression that they were too far behind and that was not going to be the last delay. Then, with the recent facts around the "forbidden trailer" I was pretty confident it was going to skip 2018 altogether.

And I'm perfectly fine with that, especially since the HD remasters were announced.
Niowiad

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Haruto wrote: Received the email this morning. I feel everyone saw this coming.

Email? Was this to Kickstarter backers only? I backed on the slacker backer and haven't had an email.
BlueCreeperBoy12

Postby mjq jazz bar » Wed May 16, 2018 1:08 pm

I do agree it's a little bit troubling it might release at the end of the console's life span (especially since I just bought mine in December), but I can't really feel anything but hope they're taking their time polishing this very, very important game, rather than rushing it out the door. There is no greater threat to Shenmue's future than a subpar Shenmue 3. If PS5 is indeed on the horizon, I won't be shocked if they release it for the PS4 and the PS5, as has been done with other games for consoles that are between generations. Not releasing it for the PS4 is out of the question, and I believe Technophilz is just continuing his tradition of being a contrarian.

Given the strong preorder sales numbers for the forthcoming HD releases, there's good reason to believe that Deep Silver has sufficiently increased the budget for Shenmue 3. This injection of capital would not only provide YSNet with additional development time (as we have learned), but more importantly afford the resources to increase the number of staff working on the project.

I also agree with this. This is potentially a huge game for Deep Silver. Better to get it right than to let it blow up in their faces, especially when there is talk of more games in the series.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby code l name » Wed May 16, 2018 1:10 pm

The announcement of HD release softens the blow of the delay although not unexpected as others stated. Interesting to see what the eventual 2019 release date will be and if that means the game will have limited E3 exposure.

code l name has received a thanks from: cham69
code l name
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III