Team Sonic Racing - Sumo Digital Developing

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Team Sonic Racing - Sumo Digital Developing

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:00 am

Romain Grosjean might be able to beat Lewis Hamilton in a race on foot, but that's not how the sport is played. Motor racing isn't about getting to the finish line by any means necessary, it's about driving, which is a skill - one that Sonic must learn if he's to succeed under these rules.

As for characters from other Sega franchises, part of me suspects they're being held back for DLC, by which time they'll be a novelty - much like the tertiary characters being added to Sonic Mania, which was originally sold on the merit of being pared back to just the three most popular heroes with all their annoying chums left out. Now it's suddenly a bonus to be able to play as Mighty the Armadillo and Dingus the Cucumber.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm

^ Dude, we are talking about a videogame in which characters are allowed to spam homing missiles and fireballs onto each other to reach the finish line. Anyway, I rest my case. I'm just really disappointed this might be a step down from Transformed as it is now. The Sega fan servicing was what kept it above the Mario Kart series for me.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:10 pm

sand4fish wrote: ^ Dude, we are talking about a videogame in which characters are allowed to spam homing missiles and fireballs onto each other to reach the finish line.

Yes, whilst driving a race car in this car racing game, where racers drive cars to be the fastest car driver in the race. :)
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:46 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
sand4fish wrote: ^ Dude, we are talking about a videogame in which characters are allowed to spam homing missiles and fireballs onto each other to reach the finish line.

Yes, whilst driving a race car in this car racing game, where racers drive cars to be the fastest car driver in the race. :)

with fast cars?
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:21 am

Unconfirmed.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:09 am

OL wrote: I've just never understood the concept of Sonic characters driving cars.
It's like having Aquaman driving a boat, or sticking Superman in the cockpit of a plane.

It's pretty clear to me... it's a sport. A fun competition to take part in. And let's have it right, if any of us could fly or run at the speed of sound we wouldn't do it all the time. It'd be fucking exhausting.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:32 am

phpBB [video]

Looks gorgeous and really fun. Obviously, the courses don't transform anymore but it looks like there's three different paths to take on the wisp island course.

Looks like the slipstream boost could be a real pain in competitive races. A day one for me, my friends and I have waited years for another Sonic Racing game..
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kintor » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Here's the full E3 trailer:

phpBB [video]

The gameplay footage is nice but something else stands out for me. Crush 40 is back with a new vocal theme!

It's been far too long since Crush 40 contributed some music to a new Sonic game and I'm glad to see their triumphant return.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:01 am

Team Rose revealed.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby TheThirdComing » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm pumped for this game! The previous two were some of the best Kart Racers in recent years and if this game offers a co-op experience through the story/carear mode it wil become a favourite for me and my friend on modern consoles - A generation which hasn't had a good Kart Racer yet (MK8 was last gen..). I still feel that SEGA should have pushed their other brands out like in previous titles they have the charm/nostalgia and interest to do so - espeically in recent years where many of their franchises have made strides in coming back - Yakuza especially.
TheThirdComing
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Previous

Return to General Gaming