Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intended)

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt's new project (no pun intende

Postby Rakim » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Who Really Cares? wrote: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs[/youtube]

Wicther 3 announcement on the 5th next month?

I'd be more hype if that song wasn't so lame.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:32 pm

I thought I was the only one.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Looked awesome with the sound turned off
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:54 pm

Well this is the latest and only update on the game in nearly 2 years
phpBB [video]

I'm all for taking your time while making a game but at this point I'm wandering if it will ever be released.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Latest E3 2018 trailer

phpBB [video]
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Haruto » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:06 pm

I'm interested. I just hope the combat is good. One of the main drawbacks from The Witcher series.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Peter » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:08 pm

I swear when Phil got cut off at the end i was shouting pretty close to when i did for Shenmue 3. I was waiting on it the entire conference, and praying he was going to say, "and one last thing..." during his ending speech. When i seen the glitching, and the "CD" in the code, i lost it.

Great looking game so far and my thirst is real. CJ Projekt Red will bring it. I was worried they would start getting a Rockstar ego and possibly forgo E3 and announce it on their own, but im SO glad they didnt.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:08 am

It looks great but from the first trailer I was expecting a much grittier look. Kinda surprised me how light "night city" is :lol:
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Crimson Ryan » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:24 am

Four year wait for another CG trailer?
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:59 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Four year wait for another CG trailer?

That was a bit of a disappointment.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spaghetti » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:54 am

Crimson Ryan wrote: Four year wait for another CG trailer?

It's in-engine. Some eagle-eyed viewer also found a spot in the trailer where the NPCs pop out of existence, so it's definitely not CG.

There's also more coming than just that video.

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby OL » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:52 pm

I'll say right now I couldn't give a single shit about The Witcher series; tried the first game, didn't grab me at all, and the rest of the series just kind of looks like a bunch of modern-style "edgy" medieval fantasy to me. Blah.

But this?
People were wetting their pants when it was first announced just because of the developer, and I kept saying "We've literally seen nothing but a cg teaser; what are you so excited about?"
But now we've actually seen what the world looks like, the direction of the art design, the overall tone it's going to have. Sure, no gameplay yet, but as it is... yeah, I'd say this trailer is actually something to get excited about. Looks pretty sweet.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:15 pm

So many cyberpunk visuals to digest - Matrix style jacking in, Neuromancer style implants, VR headsets, android models, that bit on the plane, the board room meeting that went wrong. It looks like a really violent world they're setting up here.

I can definitely see some Rockstar influence there. It isn't going for a overtly serious, morose or "dark" tone often seen in cyberpunk. We already have Deus Ex series for that and countless others too (like the recently , so it's good they're doing their own thing with the setting. That trailer was great at showing you what the world will be like. I can see myself diving into this game and spending a lot of time in it.

Speaking of cyberpunk games, am I the only one who played Mankind Divided and Detroit on here? Looking at Orange's avatar, I still need to play Ruiner.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Haruto
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby OL » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:32 pm

I still need to play Mankind Divided. Loved Human Revolution. Not so much interested in Detroit.
Main thing about 2077 to me, looking at it now, is that unlike so many other games that claim to be "cyberpunk"... this actually does indeed look to be cyberpunk.
I mean, the genre's name originally came from the fact that the stories tended to involve the dregs of society, the people on the lower rung... the punks. The criminals.
Shadowrun is one of the few that still gets that, and actually has you playing as those dregs.
Stuff like Deus Ex, meanwhile, always has you playing the law.
So it's good to see that a game taking its title from the name of the genre itself is actually sticking to the classic sensibility of it all. I love Deus Ex and Ghost in the Shell and all manner of stuff like that, sure, but sometimes it just makes more sense to focus on the lowlives.

OL has received a thanks from: Haruto
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:50 am

Henry Spencer wrote: So many cyberpunk visuals to digest - Matrix style jacking in, Neuromancer style implants, VR headsets, android models, that bit on the plane, the board room meeting that went wrong. It looks like a really violent world they're setting up here.

I can definitely see some Rockstar influence there. It isn't going for a overtly serious, morose or "dark" tone often seen in cyberpunk. We already have Deus Ex series for that and countless others too (like the recently , so it's good they're doing their own thing with the setting. That trailer was great at showing you what the world will be like. I can see myself diving into this game and spending a lot of time in it.

Speaking of cyberpunk games, am I the only one who played Mankind Divided and Detroit on here? Looking at Orange's avatar, I still need to play Ruiner.

I played mankind divided but I lost interest after maybe 6 hours in. It's not a bad game at all but I think I just grew bored of its overly serious noir theme.
south carmain
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming