new *Armored Core game Daemon X Machina

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

new *Armored Core game Daemon X Machina

Postby Haruto » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 pm

phpBB [video]

Unreal 4. Marvelous Published. And IMO the music sounds very PS2 era DMC. Former Armored Core Staff working on it. So until FROM releases a new AC. This is closest to a new Armored Core we are getting. I believe it's Switch exclusive but no confirmation on that.
Last edited by Haruto on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Totally not a new Armored Core game Daemon X Machina

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 pm

Is this really for the Switch? The visuals are really impressive. Plus THAT music!
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Totally not a new Armored Core game Daemon X Machina

Postby Haruto » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:51 pm

A brand-new, fast-paced mech action game from Kenichiro Tsukuda is coming to the Nintendo Switch system. Take your Arsenal, a fully customizable powered suit, out for an array of missions to surmount the enemy at all costs. Choose and equip your Arsenal with a multitude of weapons, obtain more from downed enemy Arsenals, and swap them on the fly to suit your strategy in the face of ever-changing threats.

Key Features

Kenichiro Tsukuda is well known for his work developing the Armored Core series. He and his talented team have developed this brand-new title with the goal of making it “the best mech action game” out there.
The character designs were created by Yusuke Kozaki, who also worked on the Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates games.
Mech concept designs were created by Mr. Kawamori, who also worked on the Armored Core series and the Super Dimension Fortress Macross series.
Arsenals can battle freely in the air and on the ground.

30 screenshots. Looks real nice.
https://nintendoeverything.com/daemon-x ... _scrn27-2/
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Re: new *Armored Core game Daemon X Machina

Postby Haruto » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:15 pm

This information comes from USgamer…

– New mech action game with designs by Shōji Kawamori (Macross)
– Many of its developers worked on Armored Core
– Carry a host of weapons, from laser swords to bazookas
– Can unlock new mechs, pick armor, and customize for durability, mobility, and more
– Missions revolve around “Orders”
– These are mercenary missions that will earn you variable amounts of money
– Orders you choose will determine how the story progresses as well as your allies
– The money you earn can be put toward new weapons
– Destructible environments
– This mainly applies to the buildings, which you can send tumbling down upon enemies if you get the timing right
– Can pick up cars and throw them, rip out sign posts and use them as swords, or pick up weapons from fallen enemies and use them
– Tsukuda wants to have hidden items on top of buildings
– Tsukuda: “We deliberately made this easy to get into, but there is depth to the gameplay as well.”
– Full packaged game
– Working on the Unreal Engine
– On multiplayer: “We’re thinking about ways for everyone to play together, but we’ll introduce exactly how we plan to do that at another time.”

Source

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/daemon-x-machina-is-a-spiritual-successor-to-armored-core-on-switch

Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Raithos » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 pm

They're showing gameplay right now. Looks awesome. Seems pretty far along. Definitely not Armored Core lol but awesome none the less.

https://www.twitch.tv/nintendo

Raithos has received a thanks from: Haruto
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Haruto » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:57 pm

They announced you can fully customize your mechs in color and weapons and parts in Daemon X Machina. Yup the former AC team is just flat out making Armored Core 6 X Zone of the Enders or Vanquish.I get sucked in japanese mecha games. This is the last thing I ever expected Nintendo to publish as a new IP. I guess the former team said fuck it we'll make our own with blackjack and hookers.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:45 pm

I really liked AC 2 and 3. The second one was the first game I ever had on the PS2, well aside from Z.O.E. at least. Sadly, with Gundam Builders on the horizon, my gaming dollar may yet already be spoken for.

Sonikku has received 2 thanks from: Haruto, Raithos
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby OL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:01 pm

It looks fine, I guess. Alongside Henry and Raithos, I guess you could say I'm one of the resident AC-heads here, but for some reason this one isn't really hyping me up that much. I mean, don't get me wrong, it looks like it plays well enough and all, sure. But it's not really doing anything different, is it?
The AC series tended to be pretty similar between games from the PS1 era through the PS2 era, but then AC4 came about and they really did things differently; it was faster, more expansive, a little sleeker. It clearly felt very different from the previous games (and For Answer took things even further with it's giant bosses, making it almost like Shadow of the Colossus meets AC). Then with ACV, they changed it up again, making the world itself even more post-apocalyptic than ever and giving the AC's a slightly smaller stature and a slower, much more tank-like style of control. Basically, once the PS3 came along, From Software started making the differences between them much more pronounced and interesting. Which means that, looking forward toward Armored Core 6, it's completely reasonable to expect the next evolution of the whole thing. Another big change.
And this ain't it. Again, like I said, it looks fine and all. Nothing wrong with it that I can tell. I'm sure it'll be a good enough game and all that. But it's really just retreading everything the AC series has already done, rather than trying to actually be its own thing, or to be the next big thing.
I'll probably play it, sure (provided it appears on a platform I actually have). But saying that "the former AC team is just flat out making Armored Core 6" is a bit much.

OL has received a thanks from: Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Haruto » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:14 pm

I should have saod AC X ZOE like a mixed breed. It's essentially a new Nintendo IP now. They are publishing and they typically own in some fashion what they publish. But hey we are getting Bayonetta 3 and DMC5 the same gen so maybe we get this and AC6 as well. Still 2-3 years left this gen.That would be the bees knees.
Haruto
Banned
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:39 pm

I think AC6 is definitely in the works, just Miyazaki probably wants to direct it. Hence, it's been put on hold until his Adventure game and Shadows Die Twice get done.

As for this game, definitely going to get it now I have a Switch whenever it comes out, looks really fun. Love the fact that it has destructible environments. Talented team working on it.

Henry Spencer has received 2 thanks from: Haruto, Raithos
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Raithos » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Sonikku wrote: I really liked AC 2 and 3. The second one was the first game I ever had on the PS2, well aside from Z.O.E. at least. Sadly, with Gundam Builders on the horizon, my gaming dollar may yet already be spoken for.

I bought my PS2 with the Bouncer and ZOE lol. I'm excited to finally have a Gundam game on Steam. Sad that they delayed it the PC version until the end of Summer though.

Off topic, but Its been great to see all these different publishers supporting PC lately. That's where I picked up Ni No Kuni II instead of PS4. Fully unlocked frame rate/resolution options. Re-bought DS3 and a few of the Tales games on there too. Makes me hopeful that when AC6 finally gets announced, it'll be on PC as well.
Raithos
The Octopath Traveler
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Return to General Gaming