Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #83 - Survey Info #0

Postby Esppiral » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Kiske wrote: If it's of any use for French & Italian speaking fans, here are the dedicated translations (in addition to the original English version by Peter):

For the spanish fellas

Esppiral has received 3 thanks from: Hazuki00, Kiske, SheepheadCG
Esppiral
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: Esppiral
XBL: Esppiral
Steam: Esppiral
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: The Witcher 2

Postby Hazuki00 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm

Muchas gracias Esppiral!

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: Esppiral
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Sappharad » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:And anecdotally, those who've received theirs do all appear to be high level donors, though I don't know if it's been everyone above a certain tier or still just a sampling of those. It also may just be a coincidence that these are the recipients I happen to be aware of.

I think that's just a coincidence, the fact that most people here are fans and would be more likely to back for higher tiers. There's a post on ResetEra from someone who only backed at the physical tier and got a survey.

I wouldn't be surprised if they take at least a month to work out the problems and write up an FAQ. It sounds like one of their current flaws that needs addressing is when someone backed from both KS and PayPal using the same email address. That could be due to them not feeding the full list of users into the system, or not having accounted for it.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:57 am

Enigma wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Enigma wrote: I'd really just like to write a short thank you message straight from the heart to Suzuki himself. Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Well in the first two games there was Shenhua's head on the chocolate bars and crisp packets. That breaks the immersion a bit.

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Enigma wrote:Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Again, don't worry about this, because whatever you choose to write, there will be other people doing it both ways. That can't be helped, so don't leave yourself thinking "I wish I'd just written what I wanted to instead of trying to fit in." You paid a lot of money to make your own mark on the game.

Thank you both. Funny how my main concern about this is ensuring the immersion is not broken for other players when I should just be thinking about what I really want to say as a backer.

A personal 'thank you' it is then. :D

You definitely won't have to worry about breaking immersion as there are rules to what you can post, like you are unable to use real or fictional names on your message. So you won't be seeing a "Thank you YU SUZUKI for this" or "So glad I'm playing SHENMUE again", as everything will be subjected to Yu's team approval in the end of the day.

Interestingly more than worrying about what pic or message to post, there are other backers that are struggling more with what personal Kanjis they want to see represented in the game's temples. So a tip if I may: If you want your name featured, have a knowledgeable Chinese friend to help writing it for you for a more authentic Chinese flare. But if you want to keep a more probable Japanese transliteration of your name, just leave to Yu's team to handle that instead (default option). Just remember that kanji and Chinese hanzi often can have different meanings even if the character is the same.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Enigma » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:09 am

sand4fish wrote:
Enigma wrote:
BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Enigma wrote: I'd really just like to write a short thank you message straight from the heart to Suzuki himself. Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Well in the first two games there was Shenhua's head on the chocolate bars and crisp packets. That breaks the immersion a bit.

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
Enigma wrote:Though I'm unsure if what we write is supposed to break immersion.

Again, don't worry about this, because whatever you choose to write, there will be other people doing it both ways. That can't be helped, so don't leave yourself thinking "I wish I'd just written what I wanted to instead of trying to fit in." You paid a lot of money to make your own mark on the game.

Thank you both. Funny how my main concern about this is ensuring the immersion is not broken for other players when I should just be thinking about what I really want to say as a backer.

A personal 'thank you' it is then. :D

You definitely won't have to worry about breaking immersion as there are rules to what you can post, like you are unable to use real or fictional names on your message. So you won't be seeing a "Thank you YU SUZUKI for this" or "So glad I'm playing SHENMUE again", as everything will be subjected to Yu's team approval in the end of the day.

Interestingly more than worrying about what pic or message to post, there are other backers that are struggling more with what personal Kanjis they want to see represented in the game's temples. So a tip if I may: If you want your name featured, have a knowledgeable Chinese friend to help writing it for you for a more authentic Chinese flare. But if you want to keep a more probable Japanese transliteration of your name, just leave to Yu's team to handle that instead (default option). Just remember that kanji and Chinese hanzi often can have different meanings even if the character is the same.

Thanks for clearing this up! Had a chat with James since this post and opting for a direct thank you that doesn't take you out of the game world e.g. 'Thank you for all your hard work in making this third visit possible' ect. Hope that's subtle enough and won't pin the Kickstarter comment death squad on my tail.

Had no idea about the names. I was thinking of giving a shout-out to my brother-in-law for introducing me to the series, but I guess I could just say 'my brother-in-law' instead of his real name, so it would still work. :D
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby rcastillo » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:18 pm

I backed $80 on the slacker backer and now I want to upgrade it to $300. Do you know if it is possible? What is the maximum increase of my initial pledge?
rcastillo
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby sand4fish » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:57 pm

James Brown wrote: Basically, whatever you paid in the kickstarter is "pre-paid", so if you pledged below $250, you can now upgrade to a max of the $250 tier, and just pay the difference. If you had the $60 physical tier for example, and are now a bit more flush for cash, you could upgrade to the $175 printed art book tier, and when you go to checkout it will essentially show that you already have $60 in credit, and so you will be just paying $115.

Pretty cool really, since it makes those higher tiers slightly more affordable, now that the payment was sort of broken into 2 parts for some people haha :D...

sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby The_Intruder » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:59 pm

I pledge $175 but i want the $250 reward because it brings the physical sountrack.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Telekill » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:22 am

Hey guys.... question.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm expecting to move within the next couple months to a year. I have no idea where I'll end up as it could be anywhere in the country depending on where the potential job takes me.

If I get the survey, what do I do for shipping address as I know I will not be at my current location by the time the game ships?
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:28 am

Telekill wrote: Hey guys.... question.

I'm at a point in my life where I'm expecting to move within the next couple months to a year. I have no idea where I'll end up as it could be anywhere in the country depending on where the potential job takes me.

If I get the survey, what do I do for shipping address as I know I will not be at my current location by the time the game ships?

I think someone said that you can update it whenever you want. But I'm not sure now that I say it.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Sappharad » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:45 am

BlueCreeperBoy12 wrote:
Telekill wrote:If I get the survey, what do I do for shipping address as I know I will not be at my current location by the time the game ships?

I think someone said that you can update it whenever you want. But I'm not sure now that I say it.

I've participated in other kickstarters that had rewards shipped. In the past they usually warn you "X is the last day to update your shipping address before things ship" and they don't lock it until that day. I don't think we know the official answer for this kickstarter yet, but from past experience the address part doesn't get locked until about a week before they ship your stuff. You probably have nothing to worry about, they'll give everyone advance notice of the deadlines for each piece of information.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:07 am

One of the early recipients has noted that your address can still be edited on the site after submission of the survey. I don't think the cut-off date has been mentioned.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby TheThirdComing » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:53 am

rcastillo wrote: I backed $80 on the slacker backer and now I want to upgrade it to $300. Do you know if it is possible? What is the maximum increase of my initial pledge?

i believe it is!

You should have an email linking to your package on FanGamer to where you can Upgrade the bundle - You can also add additional copies of the game! I really wanted a spare PS4 copy so delighted by this!
TheThirdComing

Postby stoney05 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:07 am

Is the $100 tier limited to a physical PC version? Or is it possible to get a PS4 copy?
stoney05
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:05 am

stoney05 wrote: Is the $100 tier limited to a physical PC version? Or is it possible to get a PS4 copy?

You can pick between either platform.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III