Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby sand4fish » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:22 am

Hello Backers!

The long wait for the surveys is now over and we are happy to announce that surveys begin today.

You will receive an email from Fangamer at the email address you have registered with Kickstarter for Kickstarter backers, or either your PayPal or Shenmue.link registered email for Slacker Backers. The email contains a link to your survey with the questions needed for your rewards. Here you will confirm your preferred game platform and other rewards, write your guestbook message, credit name etc., and get to us all of your info that will be in the game and to get ready for release and delivery!

phpBB [video]

Who Gets a Survey?

Surveys will go out to all backers who pledged on Kickstarter and those who pledge on the Slacker Backer up through August 13, 2018 at 11:59PM JST (7:59AM PDT).

*Backers will receive an email with instructions for the survey once preparations are complete. Surveys from Fangamer will be sent within 10 business days from the date of your pledge.

When will Surveys close?

Surveys will close Septempber 30, 2018 at 11:59PM JST (7:59AM PDT). We please ask that everyone respond by this time. We need your responses for game production and reward manufacturing, so make sure to respond within the survey period.

Can I Upgrade My Reward?

Reward upgrades (and add-ons!) will be available through the Fangamer survey site. We have received many requests asking about possible reward tier upgrades and add-ons, and now is the chance! *Please note that upgrades are available up to the $250 tier level.

For more information on the available upgrades and add-ons, please visit Shenmue 3 on Fangamer.

Which Reward Tiers can be Upgraded?

Reward tiers differ between the Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, so please see below which reward tiers can be upgraded.

*Backers who selected "No Reward" during the Kickstarter are also eligible for this service.

Kickstarter Reward Tiers that can be Upgraded

US$5 Shenmue Lives

US$29 Digital Copy

US$39 Save Shenmue Digital Upgrade

US$60 Physical Copy - PC

US$60 Physical Copy - PS4

US$80 S3 World Telecom

US$100 Shenmue 3 Trial Version

US$120 Toy Capsules "I Should Buy One"

US$160 Bonus Pack

US$175 Printed Art Book

US$250 Kickstarter Collector's Edition

Slacker Backer Reward Tiers that can be Upgraded

US$13 Digital Soundtrack

US$29 Digital Copy for PC or PS4

US$30 Shenmue 3 T-shirt

US$60 Physical Copy for PC or PS4

US$100 Shenmue 3 Trial Version

US$120 Toy Capsules "I should buy one."

US$160 Bonus Pack

US$175 Printed Art Book

US$250 Shenmue Collector's Edition

$7M Stretch Goal in Reach!

The Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns combined currently stand at $6.9M. We are almost at the $7M stretch goal for the AI Battling battle system expansion! This is the last chance for stretch goals and we ask for your continued support!

*The Slacker Backer campaign and upgrades & add-ons through Fangamer will end on August 13th.

Battle System Expanded: AI Battling

This control system lets you automatically unleash the perfect technique in response to the opponent's positioning and distance. R&D for this system is based on Yu Suzuki's concept for players who are not used to fighting games or for those who want a full immersion battle experience. This battle system is highly compatible with the current battle system, and will be implemented upon reaching the stretch goal.

We would like to thank everyone for your patience and the inquiries you sent in anticipation of the survey roll out!

Once we have your responses in, we will continue to move forward with in-game implementation and manufacture ordering. This is a wonderful moment with the dev team and backers taking the project forward together! We'll be looking forward to your responses!!

---------- General Information ----------

Shenmue 3 Backer Survey

Backer surveys are now underway. For information on your survey, please see the email sent to you by Fangamer. Shenmue 3 can only be completed with your responses! Thank you for your cooperation!!

Please complete or make any necessary changes to your survey by these dates.

・August 13 (MON) 2018: Last day of Slacker Backer campaign, reward upgrades and add-ons

・September 30 (SUN) 2018: Surveys close

For further information, please visit:

Survey Support and Survey Resender

Choosing the PS4 or PC platform

We have a few notes to consider when choosing your platform. Also, if there would be any major changes in the requirements for either the PC or PS4 versions, the platform selection question of the survey is scheduled to remain open.

Choosing your PS4 region

Your PS4 region will be decided with your "Country" selection. Please note, if the disc region differs from PS4 system region, the unit itself, PlayStation™Network online services or DLC may not function properly.

System Requirements for PC Version

Minimum:

OS: Windows 7x64, Windows 8x64, Windows 10x64 (64-bit OS Required)

Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better

Memory: 4 GB RAM

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti or better (DirectX 11 card & VRAM 2GB

Required)

DirectX: Version 11

Network: Broadband internet connection

Storage: 100 GB available space

Sound card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card

Additional Info: Requires Steam Client to activate.

*Game is currently in development so system requirements may change without notice. We thank you for your understanding.

Fangamer and Third Party Use of Personal Information

YS NET has a written contract with Fangamer to carry out the backer surveys. Fangamer is a formal representative of YS NET to help process and fulfill all backer's orders through the surveys. Personal information is handed over and treated in accordance with the privacy policies of both companies for the purposes of conducting the surveys and reward delivery only. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

YS NET Privacy Policy

Fangamer Privacy Policy

Official Links

Kickstarter
Shenmue Link
S3 Facebook
S3 Twitter
Backer Survey on Fangamer

Last edited by sand4fish on Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

sand4fish has received 4 thanks from: Anonymous81, SledgeNE, Spaghetti, Supa
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby Peter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:28 am

I was more hyped about the video, and the little girl from Bailu village being voice acted and fully animated. Fuck yes!

Peter has received 5 thanks from: delvec19, masterchan777, Reprise, SheepheadCG, SledgeNE
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:34 am

Peter wrote: I was more hyped about the video, and the little girl from Bailu village being voice acted and fully animated. Fuck yes!

Lol I was so busy reading the survey instructions that I didn't even look notice there was a video, I thought it was an image, and even then I didn't even focus my eyes on it... Paddy had to point it out to me lol

Looks and sounds great! All starting to feel so real now!! Little confused about the upgrades on the survey (as I want to upgrade a little bit to the Guest Book tier, but it seems as if the $250 tier is the top?) so have emailed them to see if there is any way to do it.

Looks like we are getting all the Shenmue news these days! Very excited for the Survey, the stream tonight and then of course the announcement on the 3rd :D

SheepheadCG has received a thanks from: Peter
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:40 am

Looking better and better
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:42 am

I missed the video too! It looks amazing.

Are we supposed to have already received our surveys? I haven't yet.

Anyways, sounds like they're gearing up for some big announcements post August :D It's such an exciting time to be a Shenmue 3. It seems we will finally see gameplay and a new trailer (hopefully at Gamescom) and might even get a release date soon (or at the least a release date for the demo).
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby BlueCreeperBoy12 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:45 am

Reprise wrote:
Are we supposed to have already received our surveys? I haven't yet.

I haven't yet either. I think it said they'll all be sent within 10 days.

Edit: it says within 10 days from the date of your pledge. Which is a bit weird.
BlueCreeperBoy12
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:50 am

That ten days from within your pledge bit is for slacker backers pledging from now until the August 13th deadline when the service closes.

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:54 am

Love the update! The video is beutiful, nice kameo of Chai in the back, it looks promising!

There's a link where you can resend the survey to your email and you'll receive it right away.

Hazuki00 has received a thanks from: Reprise
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby masterchan777 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:00 am

Peter wrote: I was more hyped about the video, and the little girl from Bailu village being voice acted and fully animated. Fuck yes!

The little girl, actually, the entire video looks great!!
Chai is also there btw, although the cute little girl will probably take all the attention. :heart: :heart: :heart:
Last edited by masterchan777 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
masterchan777

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:03 am

I reckon it's getting to the point where we need to start using spoiler tags. And by "we" I mean "you lot".

MiTT3NZ has received 2 thanks from: masterchan777, OL
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby SheepheadCG » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:04 am

Very quick reply from Joel about my upgrade question:

"Hello Tim,

Currently, upgrades only go up to the $250 level, however, if there are any changes to available upgrades we will have it in the update.

Please be patient, as higher level upgrades may be made available at a later date.

Best Regards,
Joel & the Shenmue III Team"

Kinda strange that they are not offering the higher tiers, but I guess there must be more work involved in making the chibi figures and stuff. No idea why I pledged in between 2 tiers but hopefully I will be able to bump it up at a later date.
SheepheadCG
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Steam: sheephead100
Currently playing: Starcraft 2

Postby ShenGCH » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:05 am

Christ, they weren't being at all cryptic with ol' Purple Gollum, were they? :)

The game is looking great; I hope they do more updates in this style. Really refreshing!
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Quiksylver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 am

Hey Sheephead, whats this about an announcement on the 3rd?
Quiksylver
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: Quiksylver

Postby Jibby » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:09 am

Quiksylver wrote: Hey Sheephead, whats this about an announcement on the 3rd?

SEGA Europe are teasing a Shenmue related announcement for the 3rd. Possibly a release date and/or new trailer for Shenmue HD.

Jibby has received a thanks from: SheepheadCG
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:10 am

By the way, if you haven't received your survey yet (they're going out in waves) but don't want to wait, go to https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support, enter the email you used to pledge, and you'll get it immediately.

Spaghetti has received 6 thanks from: Anonymous81, Ceej, SheepheadCG, ShenGCH, SledgeNE, Switch
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III