Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby BlueMue » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:12 am

Great to finally see some properly animated and voiced characters. Just a bit further to reach actual game cutscenes and then gameplay!

BlueMue has received a thanks from: adom11800
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Valascaziel » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:30 am

Damn, I wanted to go up to the $500 tier from $300. Oh well. Maybe they'll add it last minute.

So if $7 million isn't reached, we won't get the AI Battling system? Does that mean despite all the additional funds DS plugged in we only get the features up to the KS amount? Feelsweirdman.

I thought they were gonna add more. Meh. Should still be good.

Character looks way better and that's still with a 2019 release coming.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:52 am

I thought the same thing about the whole stretch gpal and funding situation. All I can guess is that they're using the extra funding to refine and widen the scope of the game within the remit of the original stretch goal vision (I.e. instead of using DS's extra funding to reach the other stretch goals, they're using it to expand on characters, adding detail to the world and makin the game feel more open world and alive).
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:54 am

Valascaziel wrote: Damn, I wanted to go up to the $500 tier from $300. Oh well. Maybe they'll add it last minute.

So if $7 million isn't reached, we won't get the AI Battling system? Does that mean despite all the additional funds DS plugged in we only get the features up to the KS amount? Feelsweirdman.

Based on what we know, Deep Silver's cash injection was mostly for greatly expanding Choubu and its game content. I remember Yu saying "maybe" about expanding the battle system too, but that's all.

I'm in two minds whether they're just keeping up the veneer of stretch goals mattering just to hit them as symbolic milestones, but at the same time... implementing features, even if they've done R&D on them, needs developers, and they cost money unless you pull them off some other part of the game. It'd be really nice to see a push to make it happen. The feature (as properly explained by Yu in 2015) sounds like a cool way to keep the combat dynamic based on character positioning.

$100,000 is a steep hill to climb but... we might make it.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Aimless Gamer » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:55 am

Valascaziel wrote: Damn, I wanted to go up to the $500 tier from $300. Oh well. Maybe they'll add it last minute.

I was gonna do the same. The game looks amazing. It feels more and more like Shenmue.
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby SledgeNE » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 am

I've got my Survey! :D What a wonderful news since the football-match yesterday.

I backed a couple of times at the Slacker Backer Campaign, i think i will get more Surveys in the near future.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Suzuki Yu » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:26 am

i am in love with this new video.
the place looks beautifully alive.

I've noticed something about the survey, if you do have more than one order using the same e-mail the survey of each order will be sent to you all together in a single mail.
Suzuki Yu
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Crimson Ryan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 am

Just the PlayStation digital download for me. A steal for £26.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby WildManofBorneo » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:19 am

Anyone who is not at the full $60 physical copy tier, please considering upping your pledge.
WildManofBorneo

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:42 am

Suzuki spoke about the relationship between Deep Silver's funding and the Kickstarter stretch goals in the first answer of this interview.

The description of the AI Battling system in the new update gives me the impression it's an optional mode that lets inexperienced players essentially button mash their way through fights without having to input the right combos at the right time. If I've interpreted that correctly, which I may not have, then it adds clarity to previous comments about making the combat more accessible, as seemingly this would apply to the proposed AI Battling or "easy mode" rather than the default system.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby koalazeus » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:01 am

I tried to get my survey early by using the resend survey option. Now when I click on the 'Your Survey Page' all I see is a message 'You need to complete your survey.' and the Upgrade options. Am I missing something really obvious :D ? How do I get the survey?
koalazeus
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Not as much as I'd like

Postby Kiske » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:04 am

koalazeus wrote: I tried to get my survey early by using the resend survey option. Now when I click on the 'Your Survey Page' all I see is a message 'You need to complete your survey.' and the Upgrade options. Am I missing something really obvious :D ? How do I get the survey?

The survey itself comes after you've choosed whether or not to upgarde your pledge. You can also review your choice after completing the survey. I assume that option will stay active until the survey is closed (September 30, 2018).
Last edited by Kiske on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kiske has received a thanks from: koalazeus
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:The description of the AI Battling system in the new update gives me the impression it's an optional mode that lets inexperienced players essentially button mash their way through fights without having to input the right combos at the right time. If I've interpreted that correctly, which I may not have, then it adds clarity to previous comments about making the combat more accessible, as seemingly this would apply to the proposed AI Battling or "easy mode" rather than the default system.

I'm not sure if that's 100% the right interpretation based on Yu's explanation of the system in 2015, but I do agree it sounds optional and that a manual way to pull off the techniques described is probably available.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Jibby » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:14 am

Is anybody able to confirm for me whether you can go back and upgrade your pledge after completion of the survey? Or does completing the survey lock that in? Cheers!
Jibby
I see.
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby adom11800 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:18 am

It's happening! I can't believe it. Shenmue 3 is getting closer day by day. Here's what I'm hoping and predicting:

Shenmue I&II HD trailer or release date annoucement happening next week on July 3rd. Could even be both.
Shenmue 3 at Gamescom with a big trailer and gameplay.
Shenmue 3 at Gamescom but not a big trailer.

I also think they are saving the facial experssions for the trailer. Makes sense as to why they would.
Last edited by adom11800 on Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

adom11800 has received a thanks from: Reprise
adom11800

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III