Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update #84 - Survey Info #1: Survey Started!

Postby Spaghetti » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:31 am

belinho wrote:About that, I need some help regarding the message.

- Is this the survey where we need to specify the message? (i didn't receive the email yet)
- What languages are allowed for the message?
- 140 characters includes spaces and punctuation, right?
- If there's any problem with our message, will they warn us? When?

- Who should i contact to ask these questions, Deep Silver or Awesome Japan?

The message I want to leave in the guestbook is something for my 8 month old daughter to eventually find if she ever plays the game (my guess is I will have to show her, but oh well). Still trying to find the right words to fit in there

belinho wrote:Thank you so much for your reply.

About the specific people part, by mentioning just the first name do you think there will be any trouble? Something like "John, this is your friend Paul..."

If they don't allow that I'm screwed

Edit. I just remembered I went with the "dice dude" tier. How does that one work? Need to send a pic? Can I use my name for the dice?

A lot of this is covered in the survey itself. If you want to get yours immediately there's this link where you enter the email you used to back it: https://fulfillment.fangamer.com/kindling/shenmue3/survey_support
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:55 pm

SheepheadCG wrote:
Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: Do you know from which country the Kickstarter bonuses are shiped? Deep Silver is the publisher so perhaps they will be shipped from Europe?

Pretty sure that Deep Silver has nothing to do with fulfilling the kickstarter bonuses. They are publishing the game. Fangamer are the ones dealing with the kickstarter merchandise and they are based in Tucson, Arizona:

"Fangamer is a small videogame merchandise company based in—and shipping from—Tucson, Arizona."

That sucks... it means customs duties on physical items for all backers not from the USA..
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby sand4fish » Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:37 pm

^ I don't think you have to worry about it. I've had many Kickstarter purchases prior to Shenmue 3, including some handled by Fangamer itself, sent to Canada where I currently live and not a single custom charge was given. Kickstarter is basically a donation site before anything else.

*If that wasn't the case I'd feel sorry for Peter and others who put 10K into it.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 pm

I got all 3 of my emails and decided to go with a PC Signed Collectors Edition Physical copy, PS4 digital copy, and standard PS4 Physical copy. How often do you even see a physical copy of a PC game much less a PC Collectors Edition physical copy?? Since the announcement of the Shenmue I and II HD Collection I decided I was going to play everything on PS4.

I am starting to think this CE will be the holy grail of my entire video game collection, its my favorite game series, we have never gotten a Shenmue CE like this before, its packed full of goodies etc. I remember how hard I was going at work for 3 months straight to get extra tips in order pay for it back in 2015. I remember backing the kickstarter almost right at the deadline too because I was trying to earn enough for everything I wanted.

Bring on Shenmue I and II HD Collection and lets get this party started! 8)
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:05 am

Yeah, I've Kickstarted a few things and have never paid customs duties or tax. Then again, I think some of them lied on the customs forms, so...

Reprise has received a thanks from: Vyse Hazuky
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Vyse Hazuky » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:43 am

^This will be the first time for me. But every time something comes from out of the European Union it's a crapshoot over whether it's stopped at customs or not. From what I could read from local websites there's a poor level of literacy towards what a kickstarter project is (considering the transaction doesn't correspond to a simple product buy; it's an investment to fund a project that offers rewards as an incentive (but that naturally have a lower value than the money put in).

Fingers crossed...

Anyway I find pretty odd that they're making PAL and NTSC-J versions and shipping them from Arizona.. seems like it'd be easier to find local partnerships and save a lot on shipping
Vyse Hazuky
blood folk jungle metal
"Keep Friends"

Postby DigitalDuck » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:58 am

Kickstarter rewards are considered "gifts" and are therefore not subject to customs charges in most areas.
DigitalDuck
Asia Travel Representative

XBL: DuckProgrammer
Currently playing: Life

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:03 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Anyway I find pretty odd that they're making PAL and NTSC-J versions and shipping them from Arizona.. seems like it'd be easier to find local partnerships and save a lot on shipping

The point with this is remembering that there are more physical rewards than just the game. Finding local partners to handle all that might be a logistics nightmare and could push up costs, rather than just taking care of it all under one roof on a bulk scale like they are with Fangamer.

DigitalDuck wrote: Kickstarter rewards are considered "gifts" and are therefore not subject to customs charges in most areas.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the case 100% of the time. I looked this up and apparently in European nations there's been a crackdown on declaring the rewards as merchandise rather than gifts. They could always lie on the declaration form, I guess.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:45 am

I don't know if it has been answered already but, Is paypal the only way to pay If I want to upgrade my pledge? Can't I pay by credit card?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:24 am

Hazuki00 wrote: I don't know if it has been answered already but, Is paypal the only way to pay If I want to upgrade my pledge? Can't I pay by credit card?

You can pay just by credit card bypassing the need of a Paypal account if you wish to, by going the PayPal Guest Checkout route (just follow the normal paypal agree & continue payment page and it will lead you to that option).
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 am

For some reason when I click the button "Your Survey Page" from my email, it takes me to a Proceed to Checkout page where I can choose addons, I cannot find the actual Survey. Am I missing something :)
Kirino_Matsuyama

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Hazuki00 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:40 am

But you need to have a paypal account obligatorily if I'm not wrong. I didn't know if there was another option to pay. Thanks!
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kirino_Matsuyama » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:49 am

Do you have to go through the checkout before you can do the Survey?
Kirino_Matsuyama

Currently playing: Shenmue

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:54 am

Vyse Hazuky wrote:Anyway I find pretty odd that they're making PAL and NTSC-J versions and shipping them from Arizona.. seems like it'd be easier to find local partnerships and save a lot on shipping

Yeah, that is a bit odd. I'm fairly certain the last game I kickstarted, they had two or three shipping locations (USA, Germany and perhaps one more) and it shipped from the country or continent closest to you). Who knows what's easiest and cheapest for them though.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:55 am

Kirino_Matsuyama wrote: Do you have to go through the checkout before you can do the Survey?

Yes, after you fill in your shipping info on the checkout you should be prompted to the survey page.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Kirino_Matsuyama
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III