Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:12 am

I think they're well aware of the backlash.

Look, as long as it aint' the Papyrus logo who really gives a fuck.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 am

I don't like it because I'd prefer some consistency, but I 100% agree it's way better than the Papyrus font.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Sappharad » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:55 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: I don't like it because I'd prefer some consistency, but I 100% agree it's way better than the Papyrus font.

Ditto. I think it's good especially because it tries to match the same aesthetic of the original Japanese letters, but they're also losing some brand recognition by not going with the logo that existing fans remember. The approach Sega took for 1 & 2 to remove the cursive S is so subtle that I don't think many people will realize they even changed the logo for that, but it's just going to make more people aware that the logo changed for 3.

If they had the new logo from the start, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. It might be a neat nod to fans if they did a reversible cover for the kickstarter version with the old logo on the back, but I suspect that the new logo is here to stay.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:07 pm

I'm sure it has probably been discussed, although I'm not sure how recently, but I wonder when they begin work on the English voice acting and how much progress they've made with the Japanese voice work. It's a great feeling knowing
the release of Shenmue 3 isn't too far off now.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:55 am

ManoTemple wrote: Well, if that's the case, perhaps we (those in favor of the original logo) should e-mail them today, collectively. Also, it's the 3rd, so, instead of the usual tweets, maybe we could do "#SaveTheLogo," or simply just contact YS Net. It seems odd that the fans backing the game have little say, regarding the logo. Efff the new generation of gamers, what happened to "for the fans, by the fans"? Plus, this community basically marketed the crowd-funding campaign, more so, than the morons at Awesome Japan.

Why do you think fans are entitled to change any artistic direction Yu Suzuki decides to take? Because we pre-paid for the game and some fancy collectibles way ahead of time? So "for the fans, by the fans" means we get to mob together and vet any game design we dislike from the man who created the entire thing? Not sure what the new generation of gamers has to do with any of this, but tell me where do I sign in because I can't wait to get my pitchfork and tell Yu exactly how a Shenmue game should look like, as should you all apparently.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Enigma » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:00 am

Yes, eff the new generation of gamers being introduced to Shenmue in 2019 whose newfound interest and support of this series will only improve the chances of us all getting a Shenmue 4 & 5.

Also, this desire to repeatedly dictate to Suzuki how we think things ought to look like instead of simply letting the man go wild and create the Shenmue 3 product that his heart truly wants is kind of reminding me of something...
phpBB [video]
Enigma
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: SWOTOR

Postby WildManofBorneo » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 pm

I was just reading over the ShenmueDojo info page for Shenmue Online today and came across something of interest.

'Yu states that Shenmue's world is very suitable for online play. Shenmue Online's world will be much bigger than the home versions thus far, including over 1200 buildings/locations, and it will be possible for each player to have his or her own house.'

'The development staff of Shenmue Online consists of 35 JCE employees,10 SEGA employees and 30 others, that makes 75 in total.'

1200 buildings with only a team of 75? Incredibly efficient. I wonder what they'll be able to achieve with Shenmue 3?!
WildManofBorneo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby SledgeNE » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:41 am

I will miss the Slacker Backer Campaign. The estimated dates are corrected since a couple of days.
SledgeNE

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby WildManofBorneo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:14 pm

We’re all aware that Shenmue 3 has been delayed until 2019, however we have yet to be provided with a specific release date.

When do you guys believe the game will be released? Personally I’d wager on a May - July time frame.
WildManofBorneo

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:32 pm

Maybe Gamescom if SIII is gonna be present there.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby xatruio » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:35 pm

I'd say late Q3 2019. Wouldn't surprise me to be Q4, though. If Q2, then I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

xatruio has received a thanks from: WildManofBorneo
xatruio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby WildManofBorneo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:39 pm

xatruio wrote: I'd say late Q3 2019. Wouldn't surprise me to be Q4, though. If Q2, then I'll be very pleasantly surprised.

One thing I don't see happening is a January/February release, because if this was the case it would be a wiser decision to deliver the game prior to Christmas in order to capitalize on holiday sales. YSnet obviously requires the additional time which means that SIII will likely arrive after February 2019.
WildManofBorneo

Postby FlagshipFighter » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:54 am

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 7515258880

A tweet from Cedric with Suzuki-san; both hard at work on Shenmue 3!

FlagshipFighter has received 2 thanks from: Hazuki00, Kiske
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Hazuki00 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:03 am

FlagshipFighter wrote: https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 7515258880

In a Cedric's previous tweet, he said he was going to see Yu san. Most of us thought he was referring to see him at Gamescom so Shenmue 3 could be there.

This tweet proves that Cedric was referring to this time, so we could say it's a bit more difficult to see Shenmue 3 at gamescom this year?
Hazuki00
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Waiting for Shenmue 3

Postby Kiske » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:09 am

Hazuki00 wrote:
FlagshipFighter wrote: https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 7515258880

In a Cedric's previous tweet, he said he was going to see Yu san. Most of us thought he was referring to see him at Gamescom so Shenmue 3 could be there.

This tweet proves that Cedric was referring to this time, so we could say it's a bit more difficult to see Shenmue 3 at gamescom this year?

Cédric also posted a tweet before E3 saying:

I will not attend #E32018 let's meet at #Gamescom2018 ;)

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 3663470592

Back to square one I guess ;)
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III