I was thinking

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

I was thinking

Postby Shart1780 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:18 pm

It's not so important but... If Shenmue III really is the last game it would seem logical to me that he'd probably return to Yokouka, don't you agree? I mean it's not like a rule or anything, but you'd think that would be the natural progression of things, instead of him ending the series in some little forest. I'd at least expect Suzuki to let Ryo see his loved ones vefore the journey ends. Eh whatever... I'm probably wrong :lol:
Shart1780
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amin » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:21 pm

I suppose that would be the fairy tale ended after all thats taken place ryo will go home to see his family and friends and live happily ever after. I cant imagine all of the story concluding and all of this happing in one more game though :? .
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby reporter » Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:35 pm

What I want to know is if Shenmue III is the last game in the series then how are they going to fit the remaining 12 chapters into one game?
reporter
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amin » Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:26 pm

yeah exactly, thats the one reason i believe sega are taking so long to carry on the series. They have hit a problem and not sure how to tackle it. They dont want to waste loads of money on a dying game but they know for it to be concluded it would take at least another 2 games and i'm not sure if there willing to do that. Theres no point in bringing out a further installment wasting time and money if there not gonna finish it, they might aswell leave it at shenmue 2 :roll: . This is why I think that if shenmue does carry on expect to see "The story continues" at the end of shenmue 3.
Amin
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shenmuaholic » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:03 pm

yeah i agree with Amin. but they cant leave it at shenmue II! after all the stuff about shenhua throughout the series, like in the pasport cd, in ryo's dreams, all that, we finally meet her then it just ends suddenly! and we know lan di is close! so much has happnened, and if they do just leave it there i will hate sega forever!! and this is coming from someone who grew up soley with sega
shenmuaholic
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby ShOzO MiZuKi » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:38 am

woah......

i just got a thought

do you think that shenmue 3 and 4 are being worked on now, just to get them outta the way, maybe they will release them only a few months apart like the matrix reloaded and matrix revolutions, because it is taking them a long time to work on one game, today i read in my game informer magazine that yu suzuki has already started the production of further sequals to shenmue II.

this magazine is right before shenmue IIx was released in october of 2002. I think that when Yu Suzuki went with digital rex, they had to continue the production. so he took at least a year off producing the shenmue games

this is just a thought that came to my head i could be wrong.
ShOzO MiZuKi
Homeless and hungry
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: Old_Battle_Axe
XBL: TheLastR3negade
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza 3

Postby Redrum » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:21 am

I don't think there will be a fourth game. They will probably make the third one very long and arrive to the end of the story.
Redrum
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Silas » Tue Dec 30, 2003 6:43 am

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:woah......

i just got a thought

do you think that shenmue 3 and 4 are being worked on now, just to get them outta the way, maybe they will release them only a few months apart like the matrix reloaded and matrix revolutions, because it is taking them a long time to work on one game, today i read in my game informer magazine that yu suzuki has already started the production of further sequals to shenmue II.

this magazine is right before shenmue IIx was released in october of 2002. I think that when Yu Suzuki went with digital rex, they had to continue the production. so he took at least a year off producing the shenmue games

Ah, you have given me the opening to say something I wanted to say last week but it would have made too long a post and gone off-topic.

There's one very obvious reason why it would be stupid for SEGA/DR to create Shenmue III as so big as to contain the whole of the rest of the saga, without cutting it: it would cost them good money in sales!

• If Shenmue III is the last installment they must cut the story down.
  • If they were going to continue with the whole saga, they must spread it over two or more games.
It's simple economic sense. If they are going to make what would originally have consisted of two games worth, they are still going to spend as much as they would have spent creating two games. But if they release it as one game, that's 50% of potential sales down the drain! Think of Kill Bill. QT wanted to make a 3½-4 hour film, but Miramax wouldn't wear that. Then they thought, "Hey, let's split it into two movies and double the profits!"
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby reporter » Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:08 am

ShOzO MiZuKi wrote:woah......

i just got a thought

Agreed.
reporter
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yama » Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:38 pm

Yeah, makes sense, though even though they can use the recycled city from the first game I'm sure that still takes up much space, to do that for a 1hr renuion at most isn't worth it I bet, so there would have to be more to do there than say hi to family.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Lan Di-sama » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:24 pm

The problem is, they'll be no profits to double.

I think and I'm hoping shenmue III is quite a bit longer than 1 and 2, but I don't think that it would be twice the size. If shenmue II was 4 chapters, and that was 20 hours long (roughly) a lot of people may think that since there's 10 chapters left, it could be a 40 hour + game. But the chapters don't have to be as long as the ones in the games before it. I expect some to be as short as the guilen chapter. But I think since Yu has said it would complete with a 3rd installment, he knows they'll be some cuts. Including these cuts and splitting the game in two, IMO, will make both games shorter than the previous ones. I just don't think that the chapters in shenmue III will be as long as the past ones. If Suzuki feels it can be completed in a 3rd game, I trust him not to leave out anything big.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Daemos » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:12 pm

S3 should be bigger than S1+S2... :? And I agree with Silas.
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Return to Shenmue III