shenmue music

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

shenmue music

Postby Messiah » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:00 pm

seeing as its been a while i think its relevant to ask again.

does anyone/ can anyone get all the shenmue songs onto one file. shenmue dojo, a big zip file on gamespy would be great.

the thing is we all know how good shenmue songs are and would all want a fat collection, i once downloaded all the songs manually and after a long time i had them on my pc. but now my hard drive got wiped and i cry in my pillow at nite.

if anyone can make this possible you would be contributing greatly to the shenmue fans!
Messiah
Dojo Ghost
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Daemos » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:50 pm

For the second time, no. :P It's not like its not possible, but it would be major work, not to mention a waste of webspace. :|
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Lan Di-sama » Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:52 pm

Just download them one at a time. A little more work, a little more time, but lets say you 80% into the download of every single shenmue song as one and it shuts off or something? That'd suck more than one file being deleted.
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Messiah » Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:11 pm

well firstly dont get me started on "wasting web space" cos the ammount of crap left behind on gamespy makes me cry.

and about the 80% thingy, u can use getright to pause downloads.

im just saying someone should make a bittorrent or something or a link or off kazaa or even the holy gamespy :roll:
Messiah
Dojo Ghost

Postby Miku » Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:20 pm

That's a lot of zipping, this calls for AMD Athlon 64! Even for that processor it'd take awhile to zip them all, your zipping like nearly of music here. well i dunno >< you could try it somewhere else
Miku
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Yama » Tue Dec 30, 2003 5:01 pm

Your lucky enough to have them, I know I'm greatfull.
Yama
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue Dojo Owner

PSN: YamaMX

Postby Birty » Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:36 pm

I must admit it would be good to have a lot of songs on one zip file to download. But why save a lot of work when you can download each individual file yourself, the time won't be that much different.
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k

Postby Messiah » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:24 pm

ok i have no idea what half of u are on about but. it is about a million times easier for it all to be on one zip, rar, or whatever file. u gotta click the song, go gamespy open that window and download with getright, then click the next song go gamespy... and so on.

instead they could have all the songs on one zip, it would take the same if not quicker time to download and u aint gotta keep downloading one song at a time. is that too hard to understand? cos to me this sounds like the perfect idea
Messiah
Dojo Ghost

Postby b_ren » Wed Dec 31, 2003 3:48 pm

How will that work exactly?
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Messiah » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:20 pm

gamespy or someone who has all the songs zip the songs (even i could do that if i had all the songs) then just put it up for download as u would with any other file

the ONLY downside is the usage of internet space or whatever but im sure gamespy are using alot of it up already on some shite that no one downloads.
Messiah
Dojo Ghost

Postby - Guizhang Chen - » Wed Dec 31, 2003 8:24 pm

i have all the songs from shenmue 1 and 2 but there are about 300 songs and its 1 Gb in size.
- Guizhang Chen -
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:02 pm

Messiah wrote:the ONLY downside is the usage of internet space or whatever but im sure gamespy are using alot of it up already on some shite that no one downloads.

Yes, of course, wasting hundreds of megabytes with stuff that already is there just so some lazy-ass people can get it easily is definitely worth it.......
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby b_ren » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:44 pm

Just download songs you want. Your choice ;)
b_ren
of Heavens
Machine Gun Fist

Postby pikecon » Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:59 pm

I've gone throught the music files hell & back, but there are two missing tracks... the one that plays when Ren does the "fixed" coin toss, and the battle music when you're at the Beverly Hills Wharf, fighting the Heaven's gang members.
pikecon
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:15 pm

Only two? lol they don't have every music track you know? :lol:
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III