(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Postby QWERTY » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:12 pm

Amen

QWERTY has received a thanks from: TEEPO™
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Silas » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:06 am

The thing that got me about the list was that it includes what they are just speculating might appear, and they didn't speculate that Shenmue would be DR's game, they just put Yu Suzuki's name with question marks.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DKMatt » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:52 am

Yeah, a lot of those games are not confirmed. Though i imagine the one we're excited about, the bit from digital rex, i'd be surprised if they didn't announce something at E3, along with the other reshuffled sega parts. Though whether it'll actually be Shenmue 3...only 2 months till we find out eh?
DKMatt
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Les » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:26 pm

Outrun ? Yawn !!! Outrun 2 ??? Bigger Yawn !!!

For a greates hits collection fine, but all I want from Sega is Shenmue 3 and more games like it.

Shenmue 3 damm it !!!

Les
Les
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shenmuelandi » Tue Mar 09, 2004 5:34 pm

Where did you get that list from?
Because if it is for real then I will be very pleased.
shenmuelandi
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Silas » Wed Mar 10, 2004 6:24 am

shenmuelandi, go to the top of the thread, there's a direct link. The list is in German, but they kindly provided an English translation of the colour coding: Black is rock solid stuff that has been announced will be there; Blue is games that they know are being made and hope to see there, but there has been no announcement; Red is either games they speculate will appear (sequels to existing franchise) but are either early in development so that they don't know if there's stuff to demo yet, or they have no knowlege of but obviously would like to see.

Nobody knows what the game is, but the fact that DR and Yu Suzuki are announcing something is a) at the top of the list and b) in black, which means that it's certainly going to happen (but we knew that already).
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby momo » Wed Mar 10, 2004 7:02 am

i played outrun 2 on sunday. never usually play arcade games but i just had to. it looked soo good, and played great too!
i'd buy it if they ever release it here.
momo
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Preacher » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:38 pm

One can only hope. :?
Preacher

Postby Kamikaze Kenny » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:55 pm

Hi - new to the board, but been lurking on and off for a bit.

Anyway, is this list official? Because you've also got to think - what would AM2 and/or Digital Rex be doing on the Xbox? The Xbox isn't selling that well in Japan, so there wouldn't be much support for it.

Unless it was a game that was already licensed, like perhaps Shenmue 3...

Either way, it is a 50-50 thing. However, Outrun 2 looks interesting, and Trigun could be fun.

By the way, who has said to look out for future Shenmue 3 announcements this year (I think it was mentioned earlier in the thread)?
Kamikaze Kenny
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:23 pm

24/12/03: This was on the official Shenmue site on Xmas Eve and was a promising message:

"Dear Shenmue fans all over the world! Thanks for the messages, and we truly appreciate your great support. Unfortunately, we don't have anything to announce at this point. But we believe that we have something for you in the future. Please have a Merry Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year!! "

27/12/03: This was put in the official Sega Magazine and by the leader of Digital Rex: How was your Christmas? As we're planning to announce many things next year, please wait for them with expectations!" This address was also given out: http://www.digitalrex.jp/shenmue/ .

15/01/04: “Sega's Okamura commented about the recent changes in the company, he said Sammy's investment has not caused major changes. Sega is working on a new RPG, which they intend to turn into a big franchise. In addition, a surprise title is under development in collaboration with another company.”

Thats all that we have thats concrete, and from the horses mouth at this time. Of course woth no shenmue 3 announced thus far, we can all speculate that the Speil von Digitalrex (yu suzuki) could be Shenmue 3
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Peter » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:33 pm

Sorry about the double post here folks, but after some digging around, i think we can cross Shenmue 3 off our list as the game "in development with another company"

I got this form Fantasm.com:

Sega revealed today that they're planning to create a new character-based brand of products. Based on a character known as "My Spring Bear," the products will be targeted at female consumers. Sega plans to collaborate with Creative and Sony to develop products based on the brand including candy, games, and toys beginning later this year. Sega president Hisao Oguchi believes the "My Spring Bear" character will appeal to consumers because it evokes feels of "nostalgia and peace."
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby KiD » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:47 pm

that doesn't mean that's digital rex's new game... we can speculate all we want whether or not shenmue 3 will or will not be announced at e3, but we won't have anything concrete until e3 or until sega says, "no shenmue 3 at e3"... but im pretty sure sega will never say that... so let's all wait to see what this muecas update will bring us... and then what april's meucas update will be us... and then e3 and may's muecas update will bring us... and so forth
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Only Child » Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:26 pm

Sega revealed today that they're planning to create a new character-based brand of products. Based on a character known as "My Spring Bear," the products will be targeted at female consumers. Sega plans to collaborate with Creative and Sony to develop products based on the brand including candy, games, and toys beginning later this year. Sega president Hisao Oguchi believes the "My Spring Bear" character will appeal to consumers because it evokes feels of "nostalgia and peace."

Um. Someone, please, please tell me that's not true. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with SEGA?
Only Child
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby shenmuelandi » Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:08 pm

If Digitalrex was working on Shenmue 3 that would cost a lot of money right? I'm thinking that if they were working on Shenmue 3 they wouldn't have the funds to create another game I'm thinking. Shenmue 1 and 2 cost more than they earned I hear and know. So I'm speculating that it might not be Shenmue 3. I'm hoping against hope that it is though. zif it is Shenmue 3 I hope they put all their effort into it.
shenmuelandi

Postby Preacher » Sat Mar 13, 2004 2:12 pm

Ice Warm wrote:Um. Someone, please, please tell me that's not true. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with SEGA?

I concur. If Shenmue III gets shafted for "My Spring Bear" I don't know what I'd do.
Preacher

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III