Im back and Let The War Rest....

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Im back and Let The War Rest....

Postby csmakio » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:05 am

now mods please do not delete this topic and members please do not turn this into a flame war, hear me out

Hows it going everyone. Long time no see eh? Well Im back, first for those who dont know me whats up, my names Nick. Ive been around in the Shenmue community for about 5 years. I was orignally Master Chen then Gui Zangh and then csmakio which to this day I still am. I worked with the Orginal Founder of The Shenmue Dojo and was good friends with him Andy. I used to post alot but kinda stopped for a while.

I still have checked the forums once in a while and it still seems there has been a pretty consistant fued between Ryos Place and Shenmue Dojo. Im not going to go into it but it did all start when a bunch of the founders of Shenmue Dojo left and formed Ryos Place but there is still hate between us two groups.

I really really would like to see ONE Shenmue Community....One Shenmue Family. Im not saying merge forums or make ONE site cause I like aspects of both places, Ryos Place is smaller and reminds me of the old Shenmue Dojo and Im friends with alot of people there, but this Shenmue Dojo is alive, New faces and its fresh. But I do ask one thing being a veteran of the Shenmue Community so long...stop the hate. There is so much more we can help each other with an enjoy that we can never find by being seperated.

I just want the war to rest, now mods please do not delete this topic and members please do not turn this into a flame war. I just wanted to state my peace. On that note I look forward to meeting all the new faces and wanted to just say hi and try and let the war rest.

Later bitches :)
Nick
csmakio
csmakio
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: csmakio
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Rhayno G. » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:28 am

Hey, whats up Nick :). I think more people here know who you are than you might think. I agree with what you are saying. I dont think that many people here have a problem with RP, though. In fact, most of us that remember the older vets post at RP from time to time.
Last edited by Rhayno G. on Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby santino » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:32 am

whats up brother
santino
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby IveBeenCensored » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:33 am

I'd like to see the two forums merge, but until that happends, let the war continue
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rhayno G. » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:37 am

Kramer wrote:I'd like to see the two forums merge, but until that happends, let the war continue

Let what war continue?
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Re: Im back and Let The War Rest....

Postby Daemos » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:55 am

Welcome back, Nick. :)

csmakio wrote:But I do ask one thing being a veteran of the Shenmue Community so long...stop the hate.

That request's something I have short of hammered into some people. >_>

Oh and Kramer... ](*,)
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:23 am

sup slut!
Its true. We should all hold hands and sing the Shenmue Theme song together instead of hate each other. :mari: Shenmue fans are few and far between so lets not make things worse.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby IveBeenCensored » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:27 am

Rhayno G. wrote:
Kramer wrote:I'd like to see the two forums merge, but until that happends, let the war continue

Let what war continue?

not the war with Iraq thats for sure

I meant the "war" if you call it that between SD and RP.

And I don't see why we can't take a couple RP admins and mods and join up. THere forums once were good, now they look like complete shit. I'm sure they're just working on them, but still, just join up and have one big Shenmue community.
IveBeenCensored
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Rhayno G. » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:35 am

I understood the context; Im not that dumb :P. I just dont see how there is a war in the first place. Does any here ever talk shit about RP (or even mention it, for that matter)?
Rhayno G.
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Sonikku » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:43 am

I'm so going to delete this topic, just to be mean. :devillaugh: Meh. Why would we delete it? :P Welcome back csmakio. It's... been a long time... I'm glad to see you again, but why did you register another account? Is your other account no longer intact?

Kramer wrote:And I don't see why we can't take a couple RP admins and mods and join up. THere forums once were good, now they look like complete shit. I'm sure they're just working on them, but still, just join up and have one big Shenmue community.

I'm afraid that will not happen for a rather long time Kramer, if ever. The community at Ryo's Place started off as a board to go to out of spite of a single person. However, over time that community moved away from that hate and became it's own community in it's own right. Things can never be the way they once were. Some believe in a certain little saying...

Fool me once, shame on you; Fool me twice, shame on me...
Last edited by Sonikku on Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Axm » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:44 am

Rhayno G. wrote:I understood the context; Im not that dumb :P. I just dont see how there is a war in the first place. Does any here ever talk shit about RP (or even mention it, for that matter)?

Yes quite a bit of the UK members do but i dont give a shit what they think..
and war? Get over it. Thats so 2003..
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:59 am

What the hell do UK members have to do with it!?

I only flame when people speak shit about the dojo, but I'm not too keen when people flame RP like Jeff and Kramer do either.

Welcome, cs! :) you rule btw. I remember once when you came back after an absence, I fell out with 'cos I didn't understand your humor. But then I recognised you were cool. So welcome back. :D
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Trunks » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:00 am

Hey you homo ;) Well since im at both places ive posted with you forever :P w/b here, anyways man
Trunks
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:43 am

although i see you over at RP,welcome back to the dojo nick.somtimes i feel the same way,like the members from RP and SD will just merge into one again.i miss the gold old days
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Myles » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:47 am

Hey, man.

I dont even hear about RP anymore... the 'war' is nothing anymore here, for the most part anyways.
Myles
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Off Topic