Mystery man throws his money away!

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Mystery man throws his money away!

Postby TEEPO™ » Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:47 am

21:44pm 20th June 2006
A town-centre scrum erupted when a mystery man hurled what is thought to be thousands of pounds in the air.

Passers-by dashed across the street to fill their pockets after he shouted: 'Who wants free money?'

People were seen scurrying to pick up the bank notes - some on their hands and knees - at the pedestrian crossing in Alexandra Road, Aberystwyth, mid Wales.

Stunned shopkeeper John Morris, 55, caught the chaos on the CCTV camera outside his fishing-tackle shop about 11am.

He said: "I was standing in the door and suddenly I saw all these notes.

"I thought it was a joke - I couldn't believe it. "The money landed on the floor and people were looking at it.

"Then they were bundling it in their pockets. I have never seen anything like it before."

The man, who was wearing a red Welsh rugby jersey, disappeared as people dived in to grab the cash.

"No-one seems to know where he came from," Mr Morris added.

Some quick-fingered people he spoke to made off with hundreds of pounds.

He said: "I've met a few of them today - that's how I knew about it being genuine, because one said he banked the money.

"Lots of people kept it and ran off. I was just standing in the door and watched what was happening."

BBC Online said: "Dyfed-Powys Police confirmed a man from Aberystwyth had thrown a sum of money in the air on Alexandra Road before driving away."

A police spokeswoman said officers were investigating a motoring offence in connection with the incident.

You can watch the CCTV footage of the incident here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1770
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby changed my mind » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:21 am

Only in Wales would someone chuck their money away :?
changed my mind
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Sonikku » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:00 pm

Like throwing a piece of meat into a group of scavenging seagulls.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby RyoHazuki1987 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:24 pm

Sonikku wrote:Like throwing a piece of meat into a group of scavenging seagulls.
Good analogy.
RyoHazuki1987
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Return to Off Topic