Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Ryo Hazuki vs. Kazuma Kiryu

Postby KiD » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:59 am

MOD NOTE: Merged with a more recent thread on the topic, OP for that thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=32159&p=1154738#p1154738

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought you guys might find this interesting... I won't have a solid opinion until I play Yakuza, but Ryo is a martial arts expert

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=30562214
KiD
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby OL » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:34 pm

I'd say Kazuma would win. He fights dirty and knows how to use his environment to his advantage. Ryo, on the other hand, can only adhere to strict, specific martial arts moves. It's like Bruce Lee said: the ultimate fighting style is no style at all. If you have a guy who adheres to a strict set of moves versus a guy who is open to any tactic at all, the winner will, most likely, be the one who is less predictable. And that title definitely goes to Kazuma.

OL has received 2 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, Raithos
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby ohmygod » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:07 pm

Ha well I like both Kazuma is sure as hell one dirty bastard but Ryo has a better lock on and more moves, I'll give Ryo the win if he side steps enough. Unless the dirty bloke gets his hands on a weapon or he could just shock Ryo by taking him to a hostess bar and showing him the real dirty action he's missing out on all this time. :shock:
ohmygod
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Henry Spencer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:36 pm

I do agree with what Orange stated, coming from Bruce Lee, the best himself; being unpredictable in a fight will win the day.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby NiGHTS 3:16 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:05 am

I'd like to say Ryo, but he just wouldn't win, really.

To survive the events of Yakuza, you have to be a lot tougher than you do to survive the events of Shenmue. Shenmue was set in the magical world of every 20th enemy has a metal bar or a knife and there is no such thing as a gun.

And, as people have said, Kazuma would be far less predictable...I bet Ryo would win if he was still at the beginning of the game with no upgrades, though.
NiGHTS 3:16
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby alimn » Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:22 pm

The answer is so simple,

I like the way that Kazuma fights(TOO MUCH)
but Ryo is a martial artist and even the world's best street fighters like Kazuma can't never stand in his way.../
alimn
News Poster
News Poster

Postby ys » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:02 pm

Ryo might adhere to the principles but he knows ALOT of different styles so he would easily adapt to different situations. It ranges from Karate to Kung Fu to Ju Jitsu. He also defeated the Mad Angels and even beat a guy like Dou Niu and survived chainsaw attacks with no real weapon himself. So he does know how to anticipate and react to dirty attacks. He even street fights :P

Fighting dirty isn't always the best though since it lacks one main thing : focus. The attacks are almost always very easy to anticipate for someone who has trained martial arts for as long, and is as good as Ryo. And eventually fighting that way tires out a person more than a trained one with a more focused style.
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:41 pm

Bah. Simply put, Kazuma went up against bigger odds than Ryo ever did, and never once got his ass kicked. Ryo, however, gets into two fights in the same game in which he is unable to win. And they were fights that Kazuma would have aced (Oh no! Lots of Heavens and a big fat guy named Dou Niu! Pft, no problem for Kazuma).

Plus, Kazuma can dodge bullets.
Booyah.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Staplerfahrer Klaus » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:54 am

Completely ignoring the respective games' mechanics, I think Kazuma would win. He's regarded as an extremely good fighter among the Yakuza. Ryo is some kid who has a relatively extensive knowledge of martial arts. I doubt he has as much experience.
Staplerfahrer Klaus
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby ys » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:09 pm

Orange Lightning wrote:
Plus, Kazuma can dodge bullets.
Booyah.

lol Case closed I guess ;)
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Henry Spencer » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:18 pm

Well, put it this way guys, if Shenmue III ever comes, Ryo may just become the best damn fighter in gaming...ever!
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby NiGHTS 3:16 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:37 pm

alimn wrote:The answer is so simple,

I like the way that Kazuma fights(TOO MUCH)
but Ryo is a martial artist and even the world's best street fighters like Kazuma can't never stand in his way.../

Ryo studies martial arts.

Kazuma studies martial arts AND uses weapons. Win.
NiGHTS 3:16
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Dragnoix » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:46 am

Kazuma's a badass.
Ryo's a badass.

However, Kazuma seems to be alot older than Ryo. I don't believe though that because Kazuma is less predictable that he'd win, he's just older and his skin is tougher. Ryo on the other hand is younger, and MUCH quicker and agile than Kazuma. With Ryo's martial arts against a street fighter, I don't have any doubt that he'd give Kazuma a few marks, (Remember this guy beat Baihu in the cage), and I'm damn sure that Baihu would level Kazuma.....maybe.

Kazuma plain experience and age would probably beat Ryo.

I don't know, but one thing is for sure, if Ryo was the same age as Kazuma, he'd walk all over him.

Speed is everything, and Ryo's got alot more than Kazuma.
Dragnoix
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Joe Pesci » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:37 am

Ryo fights in a gorgeous world, with a lot of exposition and authenticity backing him. He also has the revenge-adrenaline rush going. Kazuma, is a Yakuza member who fights with a basic battle system, hideous graphics (compared to Shenmue), has the revenge-adrenaline rush going??? Ryo, just cause I'm a homer.
Joe Pesci
sUk 4 Life
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:32 pm

^

You played Yakuza yet? Kazuma kicks so much ass, I haven't played a game where the main character is that damn good! It is THAT damn good.
Last edited by Henry Spencer on Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Next

Return to General Gaming