A Pretty Farfetched Theory

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

A Pretty Farfetched Theory

Postby Mr.Tambourine Man » Thu May 29, 2008 9:25 am

Ever since I beat Shenmue II, I never trusted Yuanda Zhu. First off, he just looks evil. And, if the Chi You Men came all the way to Hong Kong to get him, then used the Yellow Heads to find him, I don't think they would have just let him go after Ren kicked that guy and saved Zhu. It just sounds to me like a trap. Yuanda Zhu then finds out that Ryo has the Phoenix Mirror, because obviously Lan Di didn't know that Ryo had it or else he would have just came down and beat the living crap out of him. Yuanda Zhu just used Ryo to give him information.

Also, if he was just stuffed in some room in the Yellow Head building, how in the world would he have found out that Lan Di was headed to Guilin. Zhu knows he is, but how. Because this is all a plan. Now that Yuanda Zhu knows Ryo has the Phoenix Mirror, he sends him Guilin to meet his doom at the hands of Lan Di. Which is why I think Lan Di is waiting in the cave for you.

And, don't any of you find it strange that Master Chen and Yuanda Zhu stories about the mirrors are so different. Master Chen says the mirrors will ressurrect the Chi Yo monster on earth, while Yuanda Zhu says that they are merely a treasure map. Sounds to me like Zhu is hiding something, because I trust Master Chen a LOT more than Yuanda Zhu. The mirrors just have to be more than a treasure map, because you don't think Lan Di would go through all this trouble just to get rich? No, he has other plans I believe.

So, I think that all those years ago, it wasn't Iwao Hazuki that killed Sunming Zhao, but it was Yuanda Zhu. See, Sunming Zhao is becoming obsessed with the mirrors, he starts to plan them to use for evil. Iwao and Zhu then go to Zhao and demand the mirrors, warning him of their danger. Longsun Zhao watches in horror. But, one of Zhu's followers knocks out Longsun, while Zhu turns on Sunming Zhao and Iwao, because he wants the mirrors for himself. He manages to kill Zhao, but Iwao defeats him and takes the mirrors back to Japan. Yuanda Zhu is beaten and bruised, and he desperately wants the mirrors. He knows he could never defeat Iwao Hazuki, but he looks over at the young Longsun Zhao, and realizes that he could defeat Iwao. So, Zhu trains Longsun, constantly telling him of the cruel murder of his father at the hands of Iwao Hazuki, and also telling him of his need for revenge. When Longsun is old enough he tells him of the mirrors that Iwao stole from Sunming.

When his training is complete, Zhu takes Longsun to a remote mountain chain, (the one Shenhua has a painting of in her house, and she says no one ever returns from there) There, they meet a group of monks where Longsun is taught a powerful martial art no man has ever seen. Then, Longsun leaves, and joins the Chi You Men, eventually rising through the ranks and earning a spot in the Four Leaders, along with Ziming Hong, Niao-sun, and the Ten-Tei. Then, he finds Hazuki and kills him on Nov.29,1986.

But, Zhu is still working with Lan Di, and like Master Li from Jade Empire, he tricks Ryo into trusting him buy writing him a letter warning him of those who seek the mirror. Zhu knew Lan Di was coming for Iwao, so he wrote a letter that he never intended to reach him in time, but rather to get to Ryo, so he would come looking for Zhu. Then, when Ryo finds him, and is sent to Guilin, Zhu thinks his plan has worked to perfection, but he didn't anticipate Shenhua. And, I guess we'll have to wait for Shenmue III to see what happens.

Mr.Tambourine Man has received 2 thanks from: elfshadowreaper, Giorgio
Mr.Tambourine Man
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby The_Intruder » Thu May 29, 2008 10:34 am

not to be rude but your theory is crazy! Where did you get the idea that yuanda zhu trained Lan di? Longzsun zhao is land di right?
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby random331 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:35 am

TambourineMan can i use your ideas for my shenmue game , that theory is AWESOME
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby diAbLo » Thu May 29, 2008 10:37 am

Interesting; I hate reading these because it's just a constant reminder that we may never know what happens. Nice theory though.
diAbLo
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Mr.Tambourine Man » Thu May 29, 2008 10:41 am

dinojan wrote:TambourineMan can i use your ideas for my shenmue game , that theory is AWESOME

Sure. What's your game going to be like.
Mr.Tambourine Man
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Mr.Tambourine Man » Thu May 29, 2008 10:42 am

The_Intruder wrote:not to be rude but your theory is crazy! Where did you get the idea that yuanda zhu trained Lan di? Longzsun zhao is land di right?

Did you even read the whole thing? Yes Longsun Zhao and Lan Di are one and the same.
Mr.Tambourine Man
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby random331 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:43 am

TambourineMan wrote:
dinojan wrote:TambourineMan can i use your ideas for my shenmue game , that theory is AWESOME

its my own version of shenmue

click here for some screen shots

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... hp?t=35673
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Mr.Tambourine Man » Thu May 29, 2008 10:50 am

dinojan wrote:
TambourineMan wrote:

That looks awesome man, and again I don't care if you use this.
Mr.Tambourine Man
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby random331 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:52 am

TambourineMan wrote:
dinojan wrote:
TambourineMan wrote:

That looks awesome man, and again I don't care if you use this.

coolio thanks man
random331
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby The_Intruder » Thu May 29, 2008 11:34 am

TambourineMan wrote:
The_Intruder wrote:not to be rude but your theory is crazy! Where did you get the idea that yuanda zhu trained Lan di? Longzsun zhao is land di right?

Did you even read the whole thing? Yes Longsun Zhao and Lan Di are one and the same.

yes I read the whole thing. is just that I kind of forgot lan di real name.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby oliv3r » Thu May 29, 2008 11:39 am

Damn, now we know the storyline. ;)

Great theory - I don't think it's what's gonna happen, but it was extremely well thought out. :tup:
oliv3r

Postby Clint » Thu May 29, 2008 5:59 pm

Nice try, but I think it's a bit too far-fetched.

Lan Di obviously knows of both mirrors and Yuanda Zhu is a genuine friend of both Iwao and Sunming Zhao.

I have been adding to my old theory from time to time but I can't quite put the pieces together. My old theory is here:

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... hp?t=29743

I still stand by this theory, by the way.

However, for some reason, the Phoenix Mirror is EXTREMELY important to the Hazuki family. So important, that the sword handguard only goes to the Hazuki son who reaches his 18th birthday. Let's face it, the Phoenix Mirror is so secretly hidden, and the Dragon Mirror is simply buried under the cherry tree.

Iwao knew Ryo had such a long journey ahead of him. And Iwao ultimately knew he was soon to be killed for his decision to 'take' the Dragon Mirror. Zhu's letter warns Iwao about those who seek the mirror, i'm sure Iwao knew what he was eventually getting himself into. This led Iwao to create that long letter. And by the sounds of things, he had no regrets.

"Live by ones convictions. Die by ones convictions"

His letter was aimed at Ryo, who is now the true holder of the Pheonix Mirror.

Lan Di is taunting Ryo. He is simply playing a game of cat and mouse.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby Mr.Tambourine Man » Thu May 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Clint wrote:Nice try, but I think it's a bit too far-fetched.

Lan Di obviously knows of both mirrors and Yuanda Zhu is a genuine friend of both Iwao and Sunming Zhao.

I have been adding to my old theory from time to time but I can't quite put the pieces together. My old theory is here:

http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/foru ... hp?t=29743

I still stand by this theory, by the way.

However, for some reason, the Phoenix Mirror is EXTREMELY important to the Hazuki family. So important, that the sword handguard only goes to the Hazuki son who reaches his 18th birthday. Let's face it, the Phoenix Mirror is so secretly hidden, and the Dragon Mirror is simply buried under the cherry tree.

Iwao knew Ryo had such a long journey ahead of him. And Iwao ultimately knew he was soon to be killed for his decision to 'take' the Dragon Mirror. Zhu's letter warns Iwao about those who seek the mirror, i'm sure Iwao knew what he was eventually getting himself into. This led Iwao to create that long letter. And by the sounds of things, he had no regrets.

"Live by ones convictions. Die by ones convictions"

His letter was aimed at Ryo, who is now the true holder of the Pheonix Mirror.

Lan Di is taunting Ryo. He is simply playing a game of cat and mouse.

Very good theory there Clint.
Mr.Tambourine Man
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Ri_oh » Thu May 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Interesting... It would be a fitting twist. I like it. I hope you get to fight him while he's in a wheelchair.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh

Postby Supa » Thu May 29, 2008 11:44 pm

Very interesting theory, TambourineMan. Although I think Zhu finds out everything from Zhang, the lesser known apprentice of Zhu, who digs around.
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue III