Why Sega won't make Shenmue 3...

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Why Sega won't make Shenmue 3...

Postby Invisible Crane » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm getting sick and tired of people complaining why Sega won't make Shenmue 3...time to tell the truth about this!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zByNnZiMFi0[/youtube]
Invisible Crane
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby ZendenPT » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:02 pm

WTF!?!? That voice it´s not a good signal...
It seems someone kick the balls from that dude.

I've found this on SEGA europe blog:

Date June 17 2009

“We want Shenmue 3/Yakuza 3/Virtua Fighter 5R/a new Shining Force/etc!” (aka @SEGA “Twee-mands”)

We know, we know! :) We do take note of these things and do pass on what you guys are talking about on the walls etc and feed back to the rest of the company and we do make enquiries when and where we can. However, please be aware that sometimes either we won’t be able to tell you anything, the answer will be that there are no current plans or simply “sorry, but no.”

We also ask if you’ve asked once you don’t ask continually… once we’ve given you an answer, well, we’ve given you an answer! Spamming us over something doesn’t exactly help anyone as you’re reducing the chances of us spotting other SEGA fan’s messages(!)

LINK: h**p://blogs.sega.com/europe/2009/06/17/frequently-asked-tweets/

Its sad but true...
ZendenPT
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

PSN: Zendenpt
XBL: Quilhoes
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:26 pm

Oh dear.
This stands as a good example why it's usually better to type out posts than to post videos of yourself talking.
I could not help myself but chuckle and could not finish the video.

Welcome to the dojo but from now on I suggest typing posts than videos.
Not many will take this serious.
:?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby OL » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 pm

What the hell is wrong with your voice? Did you suck helium before filming that?
And there isn't an "F" in the word "three". English is a difficult enough language, what with its retarded silent "b's", without you adding consonants where they don't belong.

But otherwise, thanks for taking time out of your day to bring us this brilliant piece of investigative video journalism, and stating the obvious in an attempt to fill the entire message board with rage at the fact that you just wasted three minutes of our lives. I commend you for that, really.
BRILLIANT unintentional trolling.
I look forward to reading more bits of infinite sage wisdom from you, oh great Dalai Lama of obvious Shenmue knowledge.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:25 am

Why is it people always do this shit.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby lavrentis » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 am

lol you sound like someone who does the english dubbing in Shenmue 1.
lavrentis
Shenmue - THE best game
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:13 am

omg. at first I was laughing at his voice because I thought it was put on. But as he started to try and act out all those fake pauses, eye rolls and long sighs... I steadly realised he was actually trying to be serious.

It was all rather pathetic and couldn't keep watching. I was cringing at his mannerisms until I gave up half way through.

I like how he thought what he said was so monumental we would all *Gasp* in shock and that he felt it neccasarry to wait until we finished. I mean wtf? :roll: :lol:

I actually hated hearing the word "Shenmue" come out of his mouth. Its like an insult to Shenmue having someone like that even talking about it. It's sort of like saying "here is your typical Shenmue fan; we all talk like this"
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby HappyKillmore » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:39 pm

One word to sum up that video. Fail.
HappyKillmore
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: big_g_mcfc
XBL: DerK0mmissar
Steam: kingkong001
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: With Myself

Postby NeoShredder » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:44 pm

Dude, you should make more videos. Or do public speaking. I mean even articulation of the "meww" of "Shenmue", and every dramatic pause... brilliant, simply brilliant. Flawless. We have an orator on par with King and Obama here guys.

But that's just his amazing delivery (He could talk utter nonsense or something but I'd still be persuaded) but his actual points really hit this video out of the ballpark.

I absolutly agree with his hypothesis. Shenmue flopped. (Even though every Dreamcast owner would have to buy Shenmue twice for it to have broken even- Was the 'flop' status in this regard unexpected on Sega's part?) He's a genius who can express his genius (see: Steve Ballmer). An utter rarity.

This guy needs a Noble Prize for Orating. Fuck, he should narrate the Bible on Audiobook, updating it of course with his own God status.

I mean, FUCK, this is incredible. You are more than worthy of our forums, welcome!
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Preffect » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:35 pm

Come on guys!

I'd fuck him.
Preffect
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:41 pm

What he doesn't realise is that Shenmue III has been in secret development since 2003 and is slated for a fall 2010 release exclusively on Xbox 360.

The one thing that annoys me about this video apart from his choir boy voice is that this whole video was totally pointless, it's not like he told us anything that we didn't already know. I'm holding back against giving the guy some stick but someone like mittens or OL would have a field day with this guy.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby Clint » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:56 pm

wow.

wow.
Clint
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: Fallout 3

Postby OL » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Hazuki Legend wrote:... but someone like mittens or OL would have a field day with this guy.

I already did.
You mean you skipped over my post?
Unforgivable.
You shall be first to die, after many weeks of torture, when I become supreme overlord of Earth, the universe, and all reality.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Hazuki Legend » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:18 pm

OL wrote:
Hazuki Legend wrote:... but someone like mittens or OL would have a field day with this guy.

I already did.
You mean you skipped over my post?
Unforgivable.
You shall be first to die, after many weeks of torture, when I become supreme overlord of Earth, the universe, and all reality.

No you was still too kind in your first post, i was expecting some sort of savage attack.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby beedle » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Did you have a groin accident as a child? Seriously. You should be a choir boy. Just...wow. Surely you know would be aware of this; why the hell would you expose yourself (and your flaw/s) to the entire internet when you know you will inevitably be made fun of. This genuinely confuses me.

Also, don't join a whole forum just to advertise some fucking video you've done.

Also, your video was shit.

Also, your other videos were shit.
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III