Mass mailing pt2 anyone?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Mass mailing pt2 anyone?

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:58 pm

Please read this and take it seriously.

Now Ryo has been included in All Star Racing I want to do another mass mailing. It seems like too much of a coincidence that after years of campaigning Sega include Ryo in one of their next games. It's up to you to decide if the last mailing influenced Ryo's appearance in this game as Sega will probably never admit to it. Big companies won't admit defeat.

I can't see an official release date but it would appear to be in February. How about we do a mass mailing of toys in the same way as before but do it in the week after this release date. It will add to the success to the game by showing Sega our appreciation for giving Ryo back to us.

I'm posting this today as the forum has come back to life. Old members have come to post as well as new members. The dojo's front page will probably be updated. And you have to admit, the Dojo is buzzing.

If the mass mailing is in February you have time to get your toys now. If one toy costs £1 in Toys'R'Us, you buy five every week upto the mailing date, and you'll have 75 toys to post ( based on 15 weeks ). I don't think it's too much to ask. I'm not saying you have to post 75, even 20 is good. With all the people that are visiting the Dojo today and in the weeks until the release date I'm sure we can beat 7000.

Constructive replies please, Clint, OL, Riku, feel free to swear at me.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Re: Mass mailing pt2 anyone?

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:04 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:Constructive replies please, Clint, OL, Riku, feel free to swear at me.

Nope.

Good luck to you. I think that the last mail in helped Ryo get into the racing game.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:07 pm

Riku wrote:
GrahamLaw wrote:Constructive replies please, Clint, OL, Riku, feel free to swear at me.

Nope.

Good luck to you. I think that the last mail in helped Ryo get into the racing game.

:shock: Does that mean your thinking I'm a c*nt or support. Sarcasm a great thing but you know.............
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:32 pm

So this post has had plenty of hits and only one reply. Many are saying they will buy the game for every format they own.

Sega only see sales figures and thats all they care about. They do not show the reasons for people buying the game! Second mass mailing will tell Sega why you got the game. Sega has to be shown that Shenmue 3 will be profitable. Why can't people see that?

Feedback please, are you in or out? Give reasons why you are in or out.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby cApNhOwDy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm in because it's the best hope we have, and there's no reason NOT to do it. If you dont try in the first place, nothing will be accomplished.
cApNhOwDy
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:45 pm

GrahamLaw wrote:
Riku wrote:

Nope.

:shock: Does that mean your thinking I'm a c*nt or support. Sarcasm a great thing but you know.............

I'll support. Don't expect me to send stuff but like last time I'll post it on loads of forums.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:50 pm

Nice one, I know 2ndOpp is busy with returning to education so I don't know if he will have time. If anyone knows how to contact to see if he's in or not. Lets face it, he was the backbone of the last one.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:54 pm

If Mitts was still around I'd ask him to help he had some great ideas. Unless his e-mail is on here I woulden't know how to contact him.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Hazuki Legend » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Riku wrote:If Mitts was still around I'd ask him to help he had some great ideas. Unless his e-mail is on here I woulden't know how to contact him.

I think he posts over on Shenmue UK forums, check it out.
Hazuki Legend
Est. 1989
Machine Gun Fist

XBL: Dan Whale 89

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:57 pm

Name rings a bell. Not sure who that is though.

I have mentioned this before but another option is Moonpig.com. It's a site for personalizing birthday cards and postcards. You can add your own pictures and text. They do the postage as well but I'm not sure about international. Fan made Shenmue post cards anyone?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Hazuki Legend wrote:
Riku wrote:If Mitts was still around I'd ask him to help he had some great ideas. Unless his e-mail is on here I woulden't know how to contact him.

Judging by the dates of people's posts that forum looks like a ghost town just as much as the Hazuki one
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:00 pm

Hazuki Legend wrote:

I thought that it was only Beedle and Ginfers chatting each other up.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:05 pm

I've sent 2ndopp a PM but I'm not expecting him to reply. He worked hard on the last one. Be nice to get him on board.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Ri_oh » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:50 pm

I sent some for the last one. I'd be down for doing it again.
Ri_oh
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: ri_oh
XBL: ri_oh86
Steam: ri_oh

Postby OL » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:52 pm

I'd be cool with this, except that I've always thought the "let's send them capsule toys!" thing was stupid and obnoxious.
It's not like they're going to be having a board meeting when suddenly the mailman busts in with hundreds of packages containing capsule toys, and the board members will realize "By Jove, the people want more Shenmue!"

Relating capsule toys to Shenmue is an obscure reference that only fans of the series and people who actually worked on the games are going to understand. The business-minded higher-ups at Sega? They probably barely know about their products. They just look at dollar figures and popular names. They'll just be puzzled at the fact that some pushy assholes are sending them a bunch of 25 cent toys.
"Why the fuck are they doing this?"
"Who cares? Let's go whore out Sonic some more."

Trust me, just regular old neatly-written letters and emails will do the trick much more effectively, maybe with a few pictures of Shenmue or Ryo or something included with every one. An actual direct reference to the series would work much better, instead of trying to be all clever about it. With the capsule toys, you'll just be telling a joke that no one gets. And you know what happens when you tell a joke no one gets, right?

Silence.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Next

Return to Shenmue III