Your setup Entertainment center,PC rig

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Your setup Entertainment center,PC rig

Postby Bluecast » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 pm

Fave gadgets like MP3 players or your computers TV's ..whatever talk about it and post pics.

Why do you like them and such.

Well this christmas I finally got a new cam and a new MP3 player.
MP3 player is the 8gb Sansa Fuze with additional SDHC mini slot for expanded memory so I put in a 8GB mini card. This thing is small but a great little player,amazing batt life and sound quality,has the usual vids,pics music and radio,only thing I don't like is the USB cord..if I lose it I'm SOL(good thing I bought a spare.

The camera has nothing special but I just love it since I am a digi cam n00b and no more film camera for me.

Posted my PC and E center many times,never changes much ..just minor changes each time but next time you see a pic of my TV and such expect to see a Roku box( http://www.roku.com/ ) One day I want to see a PS3 and a new HD tv there.

The can earphones were only 20$ but I love them and esp great for skype.
Clock under the monitor no matter what always is wrong but I keep it since it changes colour.
Oh and yeah still have the broken printer at the bottom.

What you got peeps,talk about your stuff and post it!
Last edited by Bluecast on Mon May 03, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Would take photo's but room has been striped for decoration so most stuff is around the house or in the loft.

Laptop

Sony Vaio VGN-N21e

Quite crap but bought it off my brother for £100 so can't complain. Don't have a PC since evreyone in my house just use laptop's so evreything I do is on this. Only games I play on it are Football Manager.

iPod

Broken now and going to replace with an iPhone. Dropped it down the toilet.

TV

This is the one I have in my room and use all my consoles on. For films I use my 60" Bravia with Blu-Ray and Surround sound.

Consoles

X360, Wii, PS3, DSi, PSP, PS2, Dreamcast, GBA and Gamecube
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby LawXiu » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 pm

I can't take any pictures at the moment because I've just moved so everything is still packed.

Don't really watch TV anymore because all the things I watch are available online. Don't like English TV much anyway. Ipod is used daily as it connects to the car, dreamcast comes out monthly, love doing things to the car. Did a couple of microlite flights last year, probably the biggest adrenalin rush I've had in ages. Got a decent camera but never go anywhere to take good pictures. Even when I went to HK last month I forgot the SD card.

I won't but any more gadgets until I get to HK again so it might be some time.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Riku,damn son a kid with 2 big screen HDtv's I am going to rob you.

Anyone else hereat the dojo have gadgets or phones or setups they wish to share..not like it has to be the best ever...even if it's a dinky old 1980's 13" tv and a couple consoles or a computer your mom gave you 7 years ago..doesn't matter.
:P
Last edited by Bluecast on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:22 pm

Had it since April 08, longest time I've had a console since I was young and had a Mega Drive.

Games of Shenmue I and II once a year.

I love you guys.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Ryudo™ wrote:Riku,damn son a kid with 2 big screen HDtv's I am going to rob you.

Guess your'd think I'm lying if I told you that at the moment I'm only working one day a week.

I'd love to give you one but our plug's are different. :D
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby LawXiu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Well I was thinking about getting a sling box and sending it to my in-laws in Beijing. They connect to a set top box and a broadband line then you can watch channels from that TV anywhere in the world on the internet. You can even change the channels. The downside is my in-laws not really being pc literate and understand nothing about technology so if there was any problems there's no way they could fix it.

LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:56 pm

LawXiu wrote:I can't take any pictures at the moment because I've just moved so everything is still packed.

Don't really watch TV anymore because all the things I watch are available online.

People keep dropping tv because they watch so little of it anymore and plus are tired of paying high prices for watching so little and what they want to watch is at designated times.

Why I am getting this

I can watch normal tv shows streaming online to my TV and subscribe to online only networks or shows.
There is other companies who make boxes like these but roku is the cheapest.
No monthly fee's just the normal fee I pay comcast for internet.
Save me 40$ extra a month.
HD versions in the US start at 100$ but I am just getting the SD 80$ hopefully next month or march.
:)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby LawXiu » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:59 pm

Why did my post come out on top of Ryudo's?
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:00 pm

LawXiu wrote:Well I was thinking about getting a sling box and sending it to my in-laws in Beijing. They connect to a set top box and a broadband line then you can watch channels from that TV anywhere in the world on the internet. You can even change the channels. The downside is my in-laws not really being pc literate and understand nothing about technology so if there was any problems there's no way they could fix it.

Yeah the sling is awesome.
But good point if something goes wrong.

If I could afford it I would get the boxee box over the roku.

http://dvice.com/archives/2009/12/boxee-box-looks.php
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby some_random_guy » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:37 am

For me it would be mostly my pc and laptop
PC:
Since I can't post a pic of it, i'll give u the specs:
Nothing really fancy, bought it almost 3 years ago. Still has the 8800GTS 640mb gpu, 2gb corsair ddr2 ram and intel Core2duo E6600 cpu.
Still works fine and is able to run most recent games on my 17" monitor's native resolution with mostly everything maxed out. Still run XP on it wich works fine for me. Also just bought a Logitech X-230 2.1 speakersystem to pester my noisy fucking neighbours
laptop:
It's the cheapest Sony Vaio. I didn't choose it because it was a Sony but mainly because it was the best choice in it's pricerange and has an ATI gpu instead of a crappy intel on-board one. Handles some recent games ok, great for WoW :) I'm also really liking Win7

Then we still have a old-skool regular tube-tv from panasonic. It's 8years old, widescreen and has excellent picture quality especially with a digibox (sky tv or Tivo equivalent i suppose) attached to it. I was surprised the picture could look this good on regular tv's
We don't plan to buy a flatscreen unless this one breaks down obviously.
We also still have an ancient LG dvd player with 5.1 surround amp built in wich also still works like a charm (we tend to take care of our stuff). No top range stuff, but works for us.
Then we have the Wii hooked to it.

We recently bought oureselves a 500gb Dane-elec mediadrive wich is basically a piece of crap with really bad software (wich is not upgradable) good enough to serve as an extra HD, not so much as a mediacentre

I also love my Nikon D60 with 35mm 1.8 prime and 18-105mm wideangle-zoomlenses.

that's about it.
some_random_guy
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Super Mario 3D land

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:52 pm

^ Yeah my CRT is from sony also about 8 years old but the picture on digital cable is truly great for SDtv.
I can't capture it with a camera really though but it at least makes me feel not terribly left behind when I do actually see HDtv at friends houses.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:53 pm

The TV is a Sony Bravia 52".

At the bottom is the sound system that evreything is plugged into. That then has a HDMI lead into the TV.

Above that is the Blu Ray player.

Above that is the SkyHD box. It's the english version of Tivo.

Just to the right of the front speaker is the PS3.

And just to the right on top of the speaker is the Xbox 360.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby some_random_guy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:41 pm

Riku wrote:Image

The TV is a Sony Bravia 52".

At the bottom is the sound system that evreything is plugged into. That then has a HDMI lead into the TV.

Above that is the Blu Ray player.

Above that is the SkyHD box. It's the english version of Tivo.

Just to the right of the front speaker is the PS3.

And just to the right on top of the speaker is the Xbox 360.

i'm thinking not a good idea to put your Xbox on a bassbin ;) Otherwise cool setup
some_random_guy

Currently playing: Super Mario 3D land

Postby LawXiu » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:56 am

Both your consoles are too close to the speakers. That's how I killed my first megadrive.
LawXiu
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Off Topic