Shenmue 3 is the final one ?!?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Shenmue 3 is the final one ?!?

Postby Bysby » Thu May 08, 2003 11:00 am

According to something i read on ign :

The latest issue of Dori Maga, a multiplatform Japanese gaming magazine, includes a feature that asks various developers about possible sequels. Mostly, the developers seem to express their personal desires rather than flat-out confirming upcoming titles, but the feature is still an interesting read.

then a list , but it reaches to this :

Shenmue 3 (Sega): If a sequel were to be made, it would include the entire story until the final 16th chapter. AM2 head Yu Suzuki comments that if they receive the go from Sega, the game can probably be made in a profitable fashion.

Take this as u will , but it's interesting none the less (I wonder which developer said it) :?:
Bysby
News Poster
News Poster

Postby FutureMan » Thu May 08, 2003 11:09 am

That would be one HUGE game, and I am completely down for that!
FutureMan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby TEEPO™ » Thu May 08, 2003 12:30 pm

Though it is good news that Shenmue3 will actualy be made, we all got our hopes up that the development has started--Seems not. Including the rest of the story means; the development will take much much longer, and it will most probobly be rushed and have alot of the events deleted. If nothing turns up at E3, that means we could be waiting for 2 or 3 years....

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby LSX CLAN » Thu May 08, 2003 12:45 pm

That is so upsetting, i thought shenmue will go on for ages, it has come to an end so quickly. I am really dissapointed.
And who knows, shenmue 3 might not even be made :cry:
LSX CLAN
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby LanDC » Thu May 08, 2003 1:00 pm

if shenmue 3 is the last.. then what about the shin ishikawa drawing? indicating a shenmue 4? it's sad to say, but i trust ishikawa more than yu suzuki. every interview with yu suzuki turns out being something untrue. IF shenmue 3 is the last, then it will be good and bad... BAD :after its over, NO MORE! and LONG WAIT! good: no more wait after its over. and lots to play.. personally i would rather see about 3 more shenmue 1 sized games released. but you never know though, they could easily decide to press back some for a shenmue 4. or further.
LanDC
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Silas » Thu May 08, 2003 1:10 pm

I think it goes further than that - I don't think Yu's interested in Shenmue any more, and may even be trying to sabotage it! It's just strange that this interview appears after Ishikawa's interview in which SM3 was promised as a game and the continuation of the saga, and after SM3 has appeared in a list of upcoming MS games for E3. The original "one more game, or is it a movie?" interview was pretty much squashed straight away, and now Suzuki's saying some of the same things again? I want fully worked out, satisfying chapters, not 10 quickies in a game just made to bring it to a halt.
Silas
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Louis » Thu May 08, 2003 1:22 pm

dont blame YU! blame the translators.

all will be revealed at e3. someones bound to ask him about it
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Zimingshenmue » Thu May 08, 2003 1:30 pm

I just don't know what too believe anymore.should we trust in Suzuki or Ishikawa?Suzuki was the the creator of the series,but Ishikawa looks more excited with it.I want the Shenmue series to continue for years but I would prefer to see the end now that to never see it.
Zimingshenmue
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Shiznit my nizzle » Thu May 08, 2003 2:47 pm

The next should be the end. Im tired of agonizing waits to see the continuation of the saga. Yu suzuki is doing this, condensing the series into one game, to make sure the Saga gets completed and everyone gets to see the end. If Shenmue 3 doesnt make enough profit an Sega wont ok another game, at least Suzuki got his story finished and out to the public. IF Shenmue 3 is phenominally successful, Suzuki Will have the go ahead To start a new Saga, The Further adventures of Ryo Hazuki, or maybe Ryo's future son. Its a Win-Win situation. :shock:
Shiznit my nizzle
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Wuying Ren » Thu May 08, 2003 2:55 pm

Well I was expecting it to go on longer then that. If I remember correctly, there was an image of a whiteboard on the old site which showed how there would be more games.

However, if Shenmue III is the last one, it's bound to be very big which is a good thing.

I'd rather that there would be more games though. :roll:
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby DEMSUM » Thu May 08, 2003 3:35 pm

This is the first time in my life that I have been sad over a video game...Maybe I'm not normal but still if Shenmue III isn't made I'm going to be pissed. :cry:
DEMSUM
Fuku-san
Fuku-san

Postby Wuying Ren » Thu May 08, 2003 4:21 pm

You won't be the only one either. :roll:

Don't worry, you are normal. If anyone thinks you aren't, then they haven't played and completed both Shenmue's.

I'm pretty sure it's going to get made anyway.
Wuying Ren
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Zhao » Thu May 08, 2003 9:08 pm

Shenmue 3 (Sega): If a sequel were to be made, it would include the entire story until the final 16th chapter. AM2 head Yu Suzuki comments that if they receive the go from Sega, the game can probably be made in a profitable fashion.

"Profitable Fashion" Sounds like AM2 and Sega Japan are extremely desperate to make money off this series. It makes me sad and it worries me about the next game.
Zhao
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Juanfran » Fri May 09, 2003 4:55 am

I hope it does come, otherwise it would be pretty annoying
Juanfran
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Veteah » Fri May 09, 2003 7:15 am

If it doesn't come out it will be back to murder sprees for me. :(
Veteah
"After Burner...Great!"