Shenmue Master & Yu Suzuki interview - Shenmue 3 speculation

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue Master & Yu Suzuki interview - Shenmue 3 specula

Postby Ryo's Room » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

*Rolls over*

What's that, another vague Yu Suzuki interview?

*Goes back to sleep*
Ryo's Room
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby youarcade » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:31 am

It will suck if Sega decides to be dickheads and refuse to sell the Shenmue rights to Yu.
youarcade
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Pokemon Silver

Postby Birty » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:47 pm

youarcade wrote:It will suck if Sega decides to be dickheads and refuse to sell the Shenmue rights to Yu.

But then knowing how desperate us Shenmue fans get, it will only end up the same. If Sega refuses to sell the rights, everyone will be like "omg, Sega aren't selling the rights, so maybe that means they plan to do something soon with Shenmue!" Then literally another 10 years will pass...... :roll:

EDIT: Basically I'm saying everyone will always have a glimmer of hope even if Sega said "We are NEVER making Shenmue III", someone would still convince someone else we would still be getting it somehow.
Birty
Old School
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: TWH Birty2k
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:40 pm

This was an excellent interview, and inspired Team Yu, which aims to focus Shenmue fans on supporting Suzuki's plight to obtain the license from Sega if that's what's necessary for him to make a new sequel. And it seems fairly apparent by now that it's not going to happen any other way.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:54 pm

Yes, let's help Yu Suzuki obtain the Shenmue license from SEGA by tweeting and posting status updates!
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Does he have nachos?
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:16 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Yes, let's help Yu Suzuki obtain the Shenmue license from SEGA by tweeting and posting status updates!

There hasn't been a case of child abuse since everyone changed their profile pictures to cartoons.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote:Yes, let's help Yu Suzuki obtain the Shenmue license from SEGA by tweeting and posting status updates!

There hasn't been a case of child abuse since everyone changed their profile pictures to cartoons.

That must've been the same day you turned 16. Now you and your father are just a regular gay couple with the Facebook relationship stauts "It's Complicated..."
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 am

The campaign may not accomplish anything - it certainly won't directly prompt the top brass at Sega to go gray with worry - but it's there for those who want to participate and try to encourage, in our own way, some kind of domino effect. It's easy to trivialize minor stages of a process - out of context, you could say Ryo Hazuki was never going to catch his father's killer by simply pushing some cups around on a table - but you never know who might be listening, and what part they (or those in their spheres of influence) might have to play in the bigger picture.

If you'd rather promote a traditional letter writing campaign then I'll be glad to join in, but I fear those of us here would be in the minority of fans who would take the time to do that. Retweeting a status on a social network is a much quicker and easier way to express a shared sentiment, and in this day and age seems as effective a way as any of reaching out to global brands like Sega. No individual tweet is likely to make a difference, but collectively, they may attract the attention of someone who can.

A recent post on here referred to the PR factor when it comes to Sega withholding the ending to the Shenmue story. If the Team Yu initiative can focus the message to Sega that their audience, and potential customer base, is unhappy with their actions (or inaction), then it will have served a purpose. If it can in any way motivate Yu Suzuki to know that fans understand his difficult position and are in his corner, then it will have served a purpose. If it does nothing more than just keep the Shenmue name out there to stoke the passion of fans with more effective methods at their disposal, then it will still have served a purpose.

Alternatively, we could do nothing, and spend the next ten years moaning about the lack of a Shenmue III while deriding anyone who tries in what small way they can to facilitate a momentum shift. The choice is everyone's to make for themselves, but for those who want to lift a finger, just click the banner below. For the rest, I hope you still get your game some day.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:54 am

Psst...

It's been over ten years.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:04 pm

Eh we already had huge campaigns and didn't do shit. Besides now that Yu is no longer at Sega why even bother Sega.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:48 pm

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:The campaign may not accomplish anything - it certainly won't directly prompt the top brass at Sega to go gray with worry - but it's there for those who want to participate and try to encourage, in our own way, some kind of domino effect. It's easy to trivialize minor stages of a process - out of context, you could say Ryo Hazuki was never going to catch his father's killer by simply pushing some cups around on a table - but you never know who might be listening, and what part they (or those in their spheres of influence) might have to play in the bigger picture.

If you'd rather promote a traditional letter writing campaign then I'll be glad to join in, but I fear those of us here would be in the minority of fans who would take the time to do that. Retweeting a status on a social network is a much quicker and easier way to express a shared sentiment, and in this day and age seems as effective a way as any of reaching out to global brands like Sega. No individual tweet is likely to make a difference, but collectively, they may attract the attention of someone who can.

A recent post on here referred to the PR factor when it comes to Sega withholding the ending to the Shenmue story. If the Team Yu initiative can focus the message to Sega that their audience, and potential customer base, is unhappy with their actions (or inaction), then it will have served a purpose. If it can in any way motivate Yu Suzuki to know that fans understand his difficult position and are in his corner, then it will have served a purpose. If it does nothing more than just keep the Shenmue name out there to stoke the passion of fans with more effective methods at their disposal, then it will still have served a purpose.

Alternatively, we could do nothing, and spend the next ten years moaning about the lack of a Shenmue III while deriding anyone who tries in what small way they can to facilitate a momentum shift. The choice is everyone's to make for themselves, but for those who want to lift a finger, just click the banner below. For the rest, I hope you still get your game some day.

I actually agree with this. We shouldn't forget that we are the consumers. And if we want something bad enough, and make enough noise, the Publishers will give us what we want. Loads of sequels have been commissioned due to fan pressure. If every Shenmue fan out there was as tireless as Lets Get Sweaty I can garantee you that we would already have had Shenmue 3. And besides, the only notable campaign I can recall was the capsual one,and then it seems most gave up after that. It's easy for Sega to ignore only one sizeable campaign but consistent pressure is what convinces.

I'm not saying there isn't already enough more important things to campaign over, when there obviously is, but what Sweaty says is true. I would join your facebook group Sweaty, but I don't have facebook.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Also were you not here when we had that HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Shenmue Campaign. Groups of people doing tons of things and creative things and was amazing except......it all fell on deaf ears.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:56 pm

Yeah, what you're talkin about has already been going on for ages, and Suzuki knows about it. So, it's already served it's purpose. Does the world really need an eigth incarnation of the Shenmue Campaign? Seems really silly considering there's still about three or four already "active" (which is a difficult thing to be, really)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

Postby mue 26 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:00 pm

Why did you just delete that, Ryudo? I was hardly advertsing, I was offering Sweaty a genuine idea, Pat most likely would put it on the front page. He put my (failed campiagn) on the front page, back in 2009. These deletions are just getting more and more ridiculous.

As for the campaign, I'm sure Sega did take notice, their not oblivious to what goes on. However it's like any campaign, enough noise has to be made before anything will happen. An example is the UK student fees protest, a few big demstrations happened, but it was just short of enough, if enough noise had been made, we wouldn't have student fees here in the UK right now.

And I'm not saying we need another campaign just that what Sweaty says is true.
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III