Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:07 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Who Really Cares? wrote:I know im just asking if he will be able to somehow seeing as its probably going to have a lot of gun fire in it

Possible, those guns were single shot, they could miss a person standing still, didn't have great range and took forever to reload. So its possible there will be a way to dodge bullets or draw fire and then go in for melee.

Yup and not even bullets. Balls. Musket balls. Very poor accuracy and think they could not hit anything past 50 yards.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Tuffty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:12 pm

OL wrote:I wonder if the hidden blade is even in this one? So far it kind of looks like the hatchet/tomahawk has taken its place.
At least it'll be nice to see some new assassination animations. For the most part they just kind of reused the same ones through the last four games.

It's a good point. You wonder how someone an ocean away even gets a hold of some similar looking Assassin's garb from Europe. It'll most likely be that the previous Assassin sailed over and Connor is now in possession of it and most likely the hidden blade. Could be that the Tomahawk just replaces the Sword equipment slot but it is just more iconic and meaningful to that character when it comes to showing off previews and stuff.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:16 pm

if he has this genetic memory of whatever(lame lame lame genetic memory shit) He can just remember how to sew and make his outfit.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Tuffty wrote:
OL wrote:I wonder if the hidden blade is even in this one? So far it kind of looks like the hatchet/tomahawk has taken its place.
At least it'll be nice to see some new assassination animations. For the most part they just kind of reused the same ones through the last four games.

It's a good point. You wonder how someone an ocean away even gets a hold of some similar looking Assassin's garb from Europe. It'll most likely be that the previous Assassin sailed over and Connor is now in possession of it and most likely the hidden blade. Could be that the Tomahawk just replaces the Sword equipment slot but it is just more iconic and meaningful to that character when it comes to showing off previews and stuff.

The article mentioned dual wielding of some sort. It also mentions him being recruited by the assassins, so it might just be he's given it. Think of it in AC 2 terms, how did Ezio get his white hood? How did he get the hidden blade? If they have the hidden blade in the future, then its possible Connor has it too.

Right now its alot of ifs and maybes but I think the hidden blade will stay around.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Tuffty » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:25 pm

Ryudo wrote:if he has this genetic memory of whatever(lame lame lame genetic memory shit) He can just remember how to sew and make his outfit.

Yeh you really don't know the first thing about the series do you? :P It's not how it works at all.

The article mentioned dual wielding of some sort. It also mentions him being recruited by the assassins, so it might just be he's given it. Think of it in AC 2 terms, how did Ezio get his white hood? How did he get the hidden blade? If they have the hidden blade in the future, then its possible Connor has it too.

Right now its alot of ifs and maybes but I think the hidden blade will stay around.

Yeh the hidden blade is another iconic thing to the series that I can't imagine they don't continue with. Even Desmond still uses one in present day. I forgot that article mentioned he was recruited, I can go with accept that he gets the clothes that way.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:29 pm

Tuffty wrote:
Ryudo wrote:if he has this genetic memory of whatever(lame lame lame genetic memory shit) He can just remember how to sew and make his outfit.

Yeh you really don't know the first thing about the series do you? :P It's not how it works at all.

Yeh the hidden blade is another iconic thing to the series that I can't imagine they don't continue with. Even Desmond still uses one in present day. I forgot that article mentioned he was recruited, I can go with accept that he gets the clothes that way.

Just saying if someone has memories of lives before, They can remember when they pooped,Pee's puked,fapped,sewed.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:35 pm

I kinda hope Connor gets a few games like Ezio did. The series was conceived as a trilogy like Mass Effect but unlike Mass Effect its nowhere near wrapped up. Theres still a lot of ground to cover.

To add to that i woulden't hate a Bloodlines remake for 360/Ps3 if they decided to do it.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Ryudo wrote:Just saying if someone has memories of lives before, They can remember when they pooped,Pee's puked,fapped,sewed.

Not how it works.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:09 pm

Riku Rose wrote:
Ryudo wrote:Just saying if someone has memories of lives before, They can remember when they pooped,Pee's puked,fapped,sewed.

Not how it works.

Then they messed up how memory works
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:11 pm

Or you messed up how viewing your ancestor's memory works in the AC series.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:

Not how it works.

Then they messed up how memory works

The idea is that the specific skills of the assassin were inherited through DNA. So you live out the parts of Altair, Ezio and Connor's lives as they learned the skills in the first place to reawaken them in Desmond.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:13 pm

Riku Rose wrote:Or you messed up how viewing your ancestor's memory works in the AC series.

Or maybe I never played as I'm not rich to get HD systems and trolling just to be an asshole
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:Or you messed up how viewing your ancestor's memory works in the AC series.

Or maybe I never played as I'm not rich to get HD systems and trolling just to be an asshole

Really tho I think you'll like the series when you finally get an HD console.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HY1XHqjYA[/youtube]
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Ryudo wrote:

Really tho I think you'll like the series when you finally get an HD console.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9HY1XHqjYA[/youtube]

Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:36 pm

rofl I love stupid shit like that. I hope Saint's Row 4 has dumb stuff like that.

I'm really excited to see how Connor acts. Altair & Ezio were really great characters that distinguished themselves. Altair was pompous and overconfident, but strangely charismatic, Malik and the others respected his skill. While Ezio was always thinking about how to get some, and others followed him because his charisma had more to do with his charm and outgoing personality.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming