Assassins Creed Series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Assassins Creed Series

Postby OL » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:03 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:
Ryudo wrote:Just saying if someone has memories of lives before, They can remember when they pooped,Pee's puked,fapped,sewed.

Not how it works.

Then they messed up how memory works

"Genetic memory" doesn't refer to memory in the traditional sense, as something you can just randomly recall as if it happened to you. It's a theoretical concept that's meant to explain why a species retains instinct throughout the generations.
The games take it a step further and has you replay actual memories from the past, sure, but it's something that only happens by using a machine called the Animus which you have to hook up to.
However, the games do introduce something called the bleeding effect, which means that as Desmond recalls his ancestors' memories, their skills and abilities pretty much become his to utilize in the real world.
But again, it's not something he just remembers offhand. He has to hook up to a machine to see the memories.

I still hold that genetic memory is a bullshit idea in real life, but it's actually used pretty well in the games, so I no longer have a problem with it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:09 pm

^ I was fuckin with ya's
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:20 pm

Assassins Creed never really interested me, not sure why, but eh I guess I could never really under stand exactly what type of game it was. Stealth im assuming, but in medieval times? If you take out the elements of technology when it comes to a stealthy like game, (like a more moden setting in say MGS) then to me it can only really be bare bone. Atleast thats kind of how I felt about the first game, dont think I will ever play any of these.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:46 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Assassins Creed never really interested me, not sure why, but eh I guess I could never really under stand exactly what type of game it was. Stealth im assuming, but in medieval times? If you take out the elements of technology when it comes to a stealthy like game, (like a more moden setting in say MGS) then to me it can only really be bare bone. Atleast thats kind of how I felt about the first game, dont think I will ever play any of these.

The stealth is a small part of the game. Even then its really far from bare bones. Blending in with crowds, using sound and shadows, or even sicking whores/mercenaries or other assassins on guard can keep you from being detected, other time, you may need to just avoid a path and try to climb through a sewer.

Tenchu was a pretty good stealth series and that wasn't modern, while i love Tenchu, AC does a whole lot more with a fairly similar formula. (which is why it'd be cool to see an AC in Japan or China, i think a book skimmed the subject but I may be mistaken)
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby beedle » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:48 pm

as someone who's lost interest in games i think it sounds good
beedle
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:54 pm

beedle wrote:as someone who's lost interest in games i think it sounds good

It was the whores that got you're attention wasn't it?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Tenchu was a pretty good stealth series and that wasn't modern, while i love Tenchu, AC does a whole lot more with a fairly similar formula. (which is why it'd be cool to see an AC in Japan or China, i think a book skimmed the subject but I may be mistaken)

I was actually thinking not long ago how Tenchu should really make a comeback, and model itself more after something like Assassin's Creed. I'd love to see some stealthy ninja action taking place with crowds of people around, adding a real feeling of population to the game world. That's my only real problem with Tenchu up to this point, that it's never really bothered to make its settings feel alive, like many other stealth games manage.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:48 pm

OL wrote:
Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Tenchu was a pretty good stealth series and that wasn't modern, while i love Tenchu, AC does a whole lot more with a fairly similar formula. (which is why it'd be cool to see an AC in Japan or China, i think a book skimmed the subject but I may be mistaken)

I was actually thinking not long ago how Tenchu should really make a comeback, and model itself more after something like Assassin's Creed. I'd love to see some stealthy ninja action taking place with crowds of people around, adding a real feeling of population to the game world. That's my only real problem with Tenchu up to this point, that it's never really bothered to make its settings feel alive, like many other stealth games manage.

You mean a reboot? Last few entires up to the Wii version not been big with fans.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:04 pm

Dont even compare Assassins Creed with Tenchu, Tenchu has ninjas, and by default trumps anything Assassins Creed ever tried to attempt to do. Also, a ninjas moves and weapons arsenal is pretty vast, they dont need crowds or other people helping them to get the job done.

then again, a ninja does some pretty dirty work, they basically just go in when their victim is either asleep or majorly caught off guard and shank the shit out of them. :P
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:07 pm

Ryudo wrote:You mean a reboot? Last few entires up to the Wii version not been big with fans.

Not a reboot necessarily. Keep the same established story and mythos. Just revamp the gameplay in ways that actually make sense (while still keeping true to the spirit of the originals; not like the dumb motion crap from Tenchu 4), expand the levels a bit, and go from there.
If Demon's/Dark Souls and Armored Core 5 are any indication then From Software definitely still has a way with atmosphere and graphics, so that wouldn't be a problem.
It's no secret that I'm a nut for the series, all the way up to Tenchu Z, and I love the old style dearly. But even I'll admit that it really didn't change much over the years, which leads most gamers to label its gameplay as dated and archaic.
I'd just like to see it catch up, and offer new things that the old games couldn't pull off.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:Dont even compare Assassins Creed with Tenchu, Tenchu has ninjas, and by default trumps anything Assassins Creed ever tried to attempt to do. Also, a ninjas moves and weapons arsenal is pretty vast, they dont need crowds or other people helping them to get the job done.

then again, a ninja does some pretty dirty work, they basically just go in when their victim is either asleep or majorly caught off guard and shank the shit out of them. :P

Never heard of Shinobido? "disappearing into a crowd" is a discipline and tactic within itself.

do i need to break out trollzilla again?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Almostrandom fact. Real Ninjas didn't wear black outfits sneaking around at night. They blended in during the daytime. Like a butler or something simple like that. They did of course have night missions. But the whole black outfits was more of a modern idea.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:00 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
do i need to break out trollzilla again?

You mean do I? :ph34r:
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:26 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNXkCIWIhZ4[/youtube]

Assassin's Creed 3 Will Feature Hunting

This was the biggest detail to reveal last Friday, as a screenshot highlighted new protagonist - allegedly called Connor - tracking an animal in a snow-covered landscape with bow and arrow in hand.

The video proves that this is the case, spending a chunk of the trailer highlighting a pack of wolves approaching a set of corpses.

Assassin's Creed 3 Has Dual Wield Combat

With the dual hidden blades, Assassin's Creed isn't a series unfamiliar with dual wielding combat. But here Assassin's Creed 3 will have more direct two hand combat, with Connor seen battling two enemies at once with his (soon to be) trademark Tomahawk and dagger.

This ties in to recent revelations that this axe and dagger set up is important for combat in AC3, meaning it will likely have a greater importance from everything between basic combat and assassinations.

Assassin's Creed 3 Could Have Large Scale War

Judging the trailer alone, it would be difficult to suggest that Assassin's Creed 3 will have large scale combat - but combine this with the suggestion that AC3's updated Anvil engine will be able to handle thousands of soldiers and you've got a tantalising prospect.

Considering the timescale that Assassin's Creed 3 is set - pitting large regiments of British and American soldiers in numerous historic battles against one another - the idea that Connor could be at the forefront of each battle will make for very exciting, large-scale combat.

George Washington Will Feature In Assassin's Creed 3

Seen towards the end of the video, could this be George Washington? It sounds likely that he is one of the major characters for Assassin's Creed 3, and this brief glimpse is enough to confirm his apperance.

There's no appearance of other characters previously rumoured, such as Benjamin Franklin and Charles Lee.

Assassin's Creed 3 Release Date Is 31 October 2012

Sticking to the regularly schedule that Ubisoft has often followed with the Assassin's Creed franchise, Assassin's Creed 3 is set to release on the 31 October 2012, as stated by the very end of that trailer.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby OL » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:26 pm

Sweet. So people think there aren't enough buildings to free-run across, huh? Well I guess you get to do it in the forest instead. :D
Awesome. That's another thing I've actually wanted to do in Tenchu for a while. Kind of a classic bit of ninja imagery, them dashing through the tops of the trees.
And luckily, they're still going to get the game out before the end of the year (which is important to the in-game story, with the whole 2012 end-of-the-world thing threatening to take place).
OL
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming