Metal Gear series

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: Metal Gear series

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:00 pm

http://platinumgames.com/games/metal-ge ... vengeance/

The only Metal gear game that really matters anyway
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby south carmain » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:02 pm

@ryudo I'm guessing there are shareholders, advisors and many other people with influence on his work

these people can all push him into making decisions he isn't totally ok with, mgr, zoe3 and the fact that he is looking into changing the gameplay og mgs despite the formula remaining roughly the same over 6 games (10 if you count twin snakes, vr missions and subsistance) except becoming a bit more action orientated in mgs4 and peace walker kind of shows he is wanting to do new things

but hey I could be wrong and he enjoys doing 14 years of the same thing
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:03 pm

im not that interested in Revengance, it just looks more like a cash in than anything else. As for MGS5... just stop kojima. Make another hit franchise, thats what everyone wants you to do. metal gear ended. it got the ending it deserved. Move on. that tale is finished, and I personally dont wanna see it fucked with anymore.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:04 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONT6-8B94Y[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:07 pm

From what I have read they haven't said when this will take place. Maybe cool to get a prequel or maybe a game set before MGS4. There is about 20 years I think of stories they could tell.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:08 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote:im not that interested in Revengance, it just looks more like a cash in than anything else. .

That makes NO SENSE.

Metal Gear came before MGS. MGR is a just a new series in the Metal Gear line. It's not a cash in. It's not even related to MGS. it's related to Metal gear series. Metal Gear was an action game. MGS is stealth. MGR is a hack n slash.

MGS5 is more a cash in because they know MGS is tired but make it anyway just because it's guaranteed sales.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:14 pm

yeah I am against the idea of having a game that takes place after MGS4. Hopefully there is something lost in translation of that google translation of that french interview.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 pm

Bluecast wrote:
AnimeGamer183 wrote:im not that interested in Revengance, it just looks more like a cash in than anything else. .

That makes NO SENSE.

Metal Gear came before MGS. MGR is a just a new series in the Metal Gear line. It's not a cash in. It's not even related to MGS. it's related to Metal gear series. Metal Gear was an action game. MGS is stealth. MGR is a hack n slash.

MGS5 is more a cash in because they know MGS is tired but make it anyway just because it's guaranteed sales.

they whored out the franchise to a different developer, for christs sake. And you are wrong about MGS5, and with that logic, MGR is just as tired. But the MG series isnt tired, its just it had a ending that doesnt need to be fucked with. I dont like MGR because its overly violent for an MG game, it just doesnt FEEL like metal gear. MG has always been tasteful, this just kinda throws the original formula out the window. It looks like exactly what it is, a Platinum Games version of Metal Gear. Not a REAL Konami/Kojima Productions Metal Gear, which is what it should be. Fuck Revengance.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:48 pm

If this isn't a sell out, I dunno what is. Kojima is trying to keep investors happy now, he's vice president of Konami and the one guy keeping them alive, since they are a shadow of their former selves. He's still making his new IP and a new Zone of the Enders, but he should let the series start anew.

Riku Rose wrote:From what I have read they haven't said when this will take place. Maybe cool to get a prequel or maybe a game set before MGS4. There is about 20 years I think of stories they could tell.

Such as?

IMO, they should just use a new main character. Snake not dying at the end of MGS4 was just stupid. I bet the answer to why Snake is still the main character is because of nanomachines reversing his age. I also bet when he gets to his early twenties and five MGS games later, they say that "nanomachines" makes his age go forward again. And back again. :lol:

Time to move on.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Whored out? PG is no western idiot dev. They are former Clover guys. MGR isn't tired IT NEVER EVEN HAD A GAME YET TO BE FUCKING TIRED DUR! MGS5 is tired. Snake is old and half dead. I mean fucking hell it's the 5th motherfucking game! Since 1997 it's OLD JUST LIKE FUCKING SNAKE. What more can they do with MGS? Steel Wheelchair tour?

There is 3 chapters in the METAL GEAR series. Metal Gear. Metal Gear Solid. Metal Gear Rising.
Also Remember Konami was doing Metal gear rising but Konami fucked it up so much and ran into so many issues Konami said fuck it and gave it to someone who is an amazing developer from some of the best talent around today. PG can handle it when Konami could not themselves by their own words. PG is no stranger to action games either. God Hand Viewtiful Joe,Bayonetta,Mad World Max Anarchy.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:34 pm

I know what games they have made, MGR looks like PGs past games, and not like a real MG game, to me. Thats why I dont really care for it. If MGS5 is a sequel, I doubt i'll buy it. Need to see a trailer first to really make that conclusion though. MG might be retiring for me, even though they are making new games.
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Rakim » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:56 pm

@Ryudo

Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Nope. Fat and white. Not mad and black. And Who's Ryudo?
I also know how to properly wear a hat
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Riku Rose » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:15 pm

It's like a youtube comment section in here.

Henry Spencer wrote:
Riku Rose wrote:From what I have read they haven't said when this will take place. Maybe cool to get a prequel or maybe a game set before MGS4. There is about 20 years I think of stories they could tell.

Such as?

It's been a long time since I played the series so bare with me. There are quite a good few years between MGS2 and MGS4. I'm pretty sure stuff happened in that time space. I always wanted to see how Raiden saved the little girl I'm sure Snake had a hand in how that happened.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 pm

Bluecast wrote:Nope. Fat and white. Not mad and black.

Still getting awfully worked up for a series you've said you don't even like before.

Bluecast wrote:Metal Gear was an action game.

Nope, it's just as much a stealth game as MGS is.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming