RPG's thoughts/news doesn't fit elsewhere

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: RPG's( NOT Falcom,Square,Bethesda,Bioware)

Postby OL » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:10 pm

I dunno, I love preorder bonuses and LE's and all that, but this clearly has to be one of the reasons they keep complaining of money troubles. They got those Falcom licenses then went crazy with extras, and ended up making too many copies that just didn't sell.
It's great that they want to spoil fans (I love that, obviously), but they need to be smart about it.
Hopefully they'll be limiting the amount of copies they print of this. Just get it to the fans who actually want it, then worry about more copies if there's a demand for it later.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:24 pm

OL wrote:I dunno, I love preorder bonuses and LE's and all that, but this clearly has to be one of the reasons they keep complaining of money troubles. They got those Falcom licenses then went crazy with extras, and ended up making too many copies that just didn't sell.
It's great that they want to spoil fans (I love that, obviously), but they need to be smart about it.
Hopefully they'll be limiting the amount of copies they print of this. Just get it to the fans who actually want it, then worry about more copies if there's a demand for it later.

They are. Xseed has said this will be a very small print game and only those who pre order get this stuff. Won't be printed after. So day one or nothing. Unlike the Ys runs where the first print was LE in general this for only those who pre order and no one else. So the number that will exist later on will be very small. Possibly smaller than the PAL release where they are now fetching high prices on ebay last I checked.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Whoa I just checked ebay and the prices are higher than last I checked. Over 100$ now. I paid I think 65$ when it came out. The Japanese LE selling for over 400$. So yeah this is a game to pre order and keep.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:32 am

Bluecast wrote:Whoa I just checked ebay and the prices are higher than last I checked. Over 100$ now. I paid I think 65$ when it came out. The Japanese LE selling for over 400$. So yeah this is a game to pre order and keep.

Are you talking about for the UK LE of Last Story?
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Yes.

EDIT: Oops, put this in the wrong topic at first:
Okay, I'm finally excited about Ni No Kuni.
I wasn't so much before because it just looked like yet another same-old RPG in most respects. But, in all likelihood, I just wasn't in the right mood. Looking at it now, the art style is making me flashback to early-90s and late-80s anime, and it's giving me all kinds of warm, fuzzy feelings.
And this is one case where I'll very likely go with the Limited Edition, too. If the English version of that spellbook it comes with is just like the Japanese version, then that's truly something worth getting.
Pretty excited now.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:33 pm

OL wrote:
I wasn't so much before because it just looked like yet another same-old RPG in most respects. But, in all likelihood, I just wasn't in the right mood. Looking at it now, the art style is making me flashback to early-90s and late-80s anime, and it's giving me all kinds of warm, fuzzy feelings.
And this is one case where I'll very likely go with the Limited Edition, too. If the English version of that spellbook it comes with is just like the Japanese version, then that's truly something worth getting.
Pretty excited now.

the last horse finally crosses the finish line. =D>
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:44 pm

^^Says the guy who still hasn't tried Ys. :P
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 pm

OL wrote:^^Says the guy who still hasn't tried Ys. :P
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:25 pm

You would thank his post, and quote it... [-X
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Riku Rose » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:36 pm

OL wrote:Yes.

Pretty excited now.

Still not feeling it. I'll most likely get it day one depending on what else comes out around then but other then the pretty graphics it's not doing much for me. I've never been a fan of anime so that may be a part of it but looking at this it seems cool but I wonder if it will keep me around for 60 hours.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:12 pm

^^I honestly know what you mean. Everyone went gaga over it at first just because "OMG prettiest game ever!" and because Studio Ghibli is involved (and I've always felt they're a bit overrated myself, even if I really like their general art style).
I've just popped into this mood lately for things that evoke a sense of "childhood adventure", and looking at this was starting to scratch that itch. It's no doubt the kind of thing I would have loved as a kid. And the story sounds like it'll end up really sweet as well, with the main character apparently trying to find a way to bring his mother back to life.
Everything about it just strikes me as so innocently sweet, and even with all the JRPGs that come out, that just doesn't seem to happen much anymore. So I'm all for it.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:40 pm

Level 5 is a great developer. West get's these kinds of games on consoles much less these days so I felt it needs some support. Why I keep showing support when I can for developers that put out great content but get overlooked by the masses.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Henry Spencer » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:58 pm

If it's the White Knight Chronicles team who worked on it, it'll be shit. And if it was the Rogue Galaxy team, it'll be mediocre. From my view, it looks like Dragon Quest VIII (another Level 5 RPG); all looking pretty, but definitely the sort of game that will bore the life out of me.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Bluecast » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Wait what? Rogue Galaxy was awesome. Great RPG. White Knight was a good game from I here just had some technical issues. Dark Cloud is also amazing. I never seen one bad game from them at all.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Tuffty » Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:42 pm

God I love Dark Chronicle (Dark Cloud 2) so much. Seriously underrated, charming and great looking RPG (still) with tons of depth and a brilliant soundtrack.
Tuffty
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming