What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:44 pm

Innit, never seen facial expressions done so well in a video game. Including L.A. Noire.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:30 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:Innit, never seen facial expressions done so well in a video game. Including L.A. Noire.

LA NOIRE faces remind me of those busts at diseny land where a projector projects the faces on them.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFUAq_VAQA[/youtube]

Enslaved looked natural.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby MiTT3NZ » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:39 pm

...you've been to Disney Land???
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:45 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote:...you've been to Disney Land???

Not since 1993 but if I had the chance to go again for the Pirates of the Carribean and Haunted Mansion damn right I'd go. After all being disabled and such I automatically get first in line. 8)
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby myshtuff » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:26 pm

I vowed to not go back to Disney world for another 15 years. I went there too many times when I was younger and couldn't handle it anymore.
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby OL » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:21 am

Bluecast wrote:Just got home and tired as fuck. Put in Enslaved again. I have to give NT credit on this one. Minus Monkey kinda being a asshole the game is quite enjoyable and IMO a contender for the best looking HD game going for realism. It's so pretty and alive and lush. Not grey and brown. Facial animations are great. Just too bad about Combat and framerate. HS & what I hear DmC has those problems as well.

The ending is really great too. Try to stick with it all the way to the end.
And not sure if you're familiar with the staff working on the game at all, but the guy playing Monkey also played Gollum in LotR. Really great performance from him.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:01 am

Bluecast wrote:Just got home and tired as fuck. Put in Enslaved again. I have to give NT credit on this one. Minus Monkey kinda being a asshole the game is quite enjoyable and IMO a contender for the best looking HD game going for realism. It's so pretty and alive and lush. Not grey and brown. Facial animations are great. Just too bad about Combat and framerate. HS & what I hear DmC has those problems as well.

Why? I mean he wakes up to find shes put a trap on him that will kill him if he A. tries to take it off or B lets her die. So i could understand the way he is towards her. And yes the facial animation smokes everything else so far and with better combat and less hand holding [glowing objects] the game would be one of my top games but the story and characters more than make up for it IMO.

Just wait till Pigsy comes into. Was laughing a lot.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Getting really deep into Lost in Shadow. The game is very fun and often makes your brain hurt as the puzzles get harder in some parts. You think you been everywhere and can't find the last Eye and then you stumble upon something. Or something that seems unreachable despite knowing you tried everything and then you find you had to so this or that. It's really well designed. The game will start out a little tedious but as you get deeper you have the mechanics down and the fun of figuring out the puzzles. It can be a good challenge at times. I have yet to encounter any real boss fights and don't think the game wants to go that route other than maybe a final boss as earlier something massive and freaky as shit thing chased you in one area. Story is simple and a little ominousness as is the game itself and meant to be that way. You feel very isolated in this massive tower. Almost no music other than creepy background noise and a warning tone when near an enemy. If the game had more polish and a few minor tweaks this could easily be a Team Ico game. It tried but not quite there.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:36 pm

I have a habit of starting games and then all the sudden leaving them for quite some time. :shock:

Eternal Sonata
L.A Noire
Fatal Frame II
Tales Of The Abyss

Those games I have played but never finished.Haven't popped them in months.

Xenosaga Episode 1
The Simpsons Hit and Run
Final Fantasy XII
The Getaway

Those I bought months ago and haven't touched them since.Really should go through all of them.Right now I'm currently playing Ocarina of Time Master Quest on 3DS.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Spokane » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:55 pm

Get your ass cracking with those games.

I never play a new game until I finish the one I am on.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Bluecast » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:39 pm

Played the Demo of Bioshock. Setting is awesome. Other than that the Demo was meh for me. Just more endless shooting. I'll pass.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:27 am

I beat Lost in Shadow. Little too long for it's own sake and frustrating at times but overall good game. Just needed some polish. Decent Team Ico inspired game.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Sonikku » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:31 pm

About 12 hours into Dragon Age 2 and loving it. So far my Mage homies want to be free, so I've been killing/blackmailing the Templars as my way of sticking it to the man. I'm also sweeping Isabella off her feet in hopes of having some hot girl-on-girl action later. My only annoyance is that guard woman what's her face always seems to get her panties in a bunch whenever I extort/betray or otherwise decapitate people that I dislike. Sadly, she's the only meat sponge available to soak up all the abuse my enemies dish out in combat, so she can't be sidelined. :sad:
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Spokane » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Woah, sounds hot! ;-)
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

Postby Spokane » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Spokane wrote:
OL wrote:
Spokane wrote:NIER. That opening dialogue on the video at the beginning when you put the disc in :lol: . I have a feeling there's more where that came from. Installing the game data now and will be underway soon. Can't wait.

That was actually one of the few parts of the game I just didn't like. Kaine's voice acting is just so "anime" that it felt like they were trying way too hard to be edgy or something. Thankfully Nier and Weiss both have better voice acting, so it didn't really feel like that again to me for the rest of the game.

I didn't like how uncalled for it was, right when you start the game this guy starts yelling and cursing.

Kaine also curses a little too much, though it adds comedy when the others notice this trait. But it is a bit over the top.
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming