Things that pissed you off

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Things that pissed you off

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Calshot wrote: I noticed two fraudulent charges on my credit card today. Going to have to go to the bank tomorrow to sort this all out.

^ I think with something like that you should call them now, don't wait to visit tomorrow.

Sonikku has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:19 pm

Bots

Peter has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Calshot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Sonikku wrote:
Calshot wrote: I noticed two fraudulent charges on my credit card today. Going to have to go to the bank tomorrow to sort this all out.

^ I think with something like that you should call them now, don't wait to visit tomorrow.

I wanted to speak with a person rather than deal with the automated system. I still ended up calling though since I didn't want to make the trip in the crappy weather outside. :lol:
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Sonikku » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:32 pm

Apps that require you to list any former legal names held under previous work experience. Ugh. It might almost be humorous to imagine a hiring managers reaction to see the contrast in the new name versus old, if not for the fact that my livelihood was not at stake. In an employers economy with 7 applicants to every job, it tends not to take much to have your application tossed into the discard pile these days. Legal or not.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:36 am

Tottenham Hotspurs.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Brothaman » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:13 am

Yesterday I got home from Clemson and decided to give my old PC a complete clean reformatting after about four years of neglecting it. It never ran this ever since I owned it. But sure enough, the motherboard in the bastard decided to die again tonight. Fuck Hewlett Packard. We're going to Best Buy to by another PC tomorrow.
Brothaman
Purple Reign
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 am

Brothaman wrote: Yesterday I got home from Clemson and decided to give my old PC a complete clean reformatting after about four years of neglecting it. It never ran this ever since I owned it. But sure enough, the motherboard in the bastard decided to die again tonight. Fuck Hewlett Packard. We're going to Best Buy to by another PC tomorrow.

Acer/Asus

Say no to Dell from a person who fell for dell from 2003 to 2011 and owned 3 dells.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:23 am

DP and all and don't merge this please.

Was reading Brothmans topic and the first couple pages. Read something about me asking for my week off from work(when I was really ill at the time of the post). It sent me into major flashbacks. Won't get into detailed reason why. Made me real sick,chest got tight and got real nausea and now sweating. Not had a flashback in almost a year. Just thinking of that place makes me so sick. I fucking HATE IT. I never want to be in that situation again. Rather die today from my heart than suffer through that place again. Pisses me the fuck off when I have a flashback.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Sonikku » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

Ugh, Time Warner is screwing me even more than I thought, and this is one partner even I would prefer not to be screwed by. My bill claims Standard internet is 50 + 10 for turbo making my bill $60. (Plus $3.95 leasing fee for modem and $7 in taxes. How the hell do you get $7 sales tax on a $64 dollar fee?) Yet, their website lists standard as 35 and Standard + turbo as being $45. I was told when I signed up that I would not be paying more than that for 12 months. (I'm only 2 in). Now $45 for 20mpbs is a sour rate compared to just about any place in the developed world, yet they can't even stick with charging me that much, despite their claims. I had to fight with them just to take off the $75 installation fee to flip a switch on their end to enable my internet and that was the one thing I could push them to correct.

They won't budge on the new $4 a month lease fee for a crappy $10 modem made in China that they had long written off as junk years ago however. It's interesting how I can lease said $10 modem for $4 a month, but if I wanted to buy said generic brand modem to get out of the lease I can't. The only modems you can buy to get out of the leasing fee according to their website is a selection between 5 Motorola variants, the cheapest of which is $100. If Verizon fiber optic laid lines in my city I bet Time Warner would get their stuff together in a major hurry as their customers would be jumping ship in droves. Hell, I can't even get DSL internet and I now live in the biggest apartment building inside the city. This is the kind of behavior one can expect from a company with a monopoly with no regulation or oversight.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Thats what happened down here, Verizon showed up and half the city switched over so now they're offering various incentives and new modems.

Still ain't goin back tho.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: Sonikku
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Sonikku wrote: Ugh, Time Warner is screwing me even more than I thought, and this is one partner even I would prefer not to be screwed by. My bill claims Standard internet is 50 + 10 for turbo making my bill $60. (Plus $3.95 leasing fee for modem and $7 in taxes. How the hell do you get $7 sales tax on a $64 dollar fee?) Yet, their website lists standard as 35 and Standard + turbo as being $45. I was told when I signed up that I would not be paying more than that for 12 months. (I'm only 2 in). Now $45 for 20mpbs is a sour rate compared to just about any place in the developed world, yet they can't even stick with charging me that much, despite their claims. I had to fight with them just to take off the $75 installation fee to flip a switch on their end to enable my internet and that was the one thing I could push them to correct.

They won't budge on the new $4 a month lease fee for a crappy $10 modem made in China that they had long written off as junk years ago however. It's interesting how I can lease said $10 modem for $4 a month, but if I wanted to buy said generic brand modem to get out of the lease I can't. The only modems you can buy to get out of the leasing fee according to their website is a selection between 5 Motorola variants, the cheapest of which is $100. If Verizon fiber optic laid lines in my city I bet Time Warner would get their stuff together in a major hurry as their customers would be jumping ship in droves. Hell, I can't even get DSL internet and I now live in the biggest apartment building inside the city. This is the kind of behavior one can expect from a company with a monopoly with no regulation or oversight.

Aren't there consumer rights or any kind of an Ombudsman to go to? If they tried that with me, I'd be at the bank blocking their rent ASAP. Pretty sure what they're doing there is not allowed, but even if it was, I'd STILL be violating the agreement and cancelling it... :mad:
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Sonikku » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

The catch is that it is them or dial up.
Sonikku
News Poster
News Poster

Postby St. Elmo's Fire » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:42 pm

Sonikku wrote: The catch is that it is them or dial up.

How much can you get a mobile data dongle with a generous usage limit for over there (though I'm gonna guess it's the same assholes running the mobile networks as well?)? Something is still very dodgy about the deal that they just put it up like that, hell, it's actually MORE dodgy since they seem to have a monopoly there...
Energy companies here also put your bill up by themselves, but will put it back down again if you phone them...
St. Elmo's Fire
None.
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 pm

Then the charges would be even worse. When I left the city after the hurricane I learned all about data plans and even with "unlimited" plans, theres always a point where the speed stalls. Plus you have to pay extra with most carriers for stuff like tethering.

Time Warner is one of the worst bullshit monopolies on the east coast, its got most of New York by the balls.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Kenny » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:49 am

Fucking updates. I want to play a goddamn game and download some fucking demos.

What the hell is so fucking important in these updates? My PS3 even crashed when it tried to install the Netflix one. Crashed twice in fact.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic