What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm

You're playing it on your touch-screen device which can never give you the control you need. About the only thing that's been improved in 3D platform games since Mario 64 is the camera system. Once in OoT, and once again with the addition of a second analogue stick. I'm sorry about the video, I had no idea those people were a 'thing on the internet'. The one I posted shows awesome Doom multiplayer, regardless.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Bluecast » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Martin wrote: You're playing it on your touch-screen device which can never give you the control you need. About the only thing that's been improved in 3D platform games since Mario 64 is the camera system. Once in OoT, and once again with the addition of a second analogue stick. I'm sorry about the video, I had no idea those people were a 'thing on the internet'. The one I posted shows awesome Doom multiplayer, regardless.

I played Doom on PC as well. Also I have to agree with OL Mario games just seem blah now. I'm a Sonic fanboy but games like Jak & Daxter are better made,Sly Cooper. In fact I could argue Gravity Rush as a platformer of sorts and in that regard is one the better platformer I played in years,in fact in that regard alone I might say it is the best. Open world Platforming without specified platorms when the entire world is. Rayman Origins is vastly better in Platforming than Mario. Sonic Colors and Gens are great games with good level design and platforming but still has some dated ideas about the mechanic itself.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Martin » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:29 am

Sonic hasn't been good for years. Jax & Daxter are better because they're better. It's nothing to do with Sonic being old an shit. Sonic's never been good in 3D. As for NES Mario, totally disagree.

We'll just have to disagree on all counts.
Martin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: After Burner... Great!

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:47 am

Martin wrote: Sonic hasn't been good for years. Jax & Daxter are better because they're better. It's nothing to do with Sonic being old an shit. Sonic's never been good in 3D. As for NES Mario, totally disagree.

We'll just have to disagree on all counts.

You have not played Sonic Colors or Gens then. Reason why Sonic was bad in 3d for so long was the bad gimmicks and level design. That was fixed and those two games are quite great
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 am

The demo of SG put me off in the end. When playing in the classic Sonic view things just looked a blurry mess and half the time it was hard to make Sonic out when going full speed. That and the framerate was all over the place.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:54 am

Who Really Cares? wrote: The demo of SG put me off in the end. When playing in the classic Sonic view things just looked a blurry mess and half the time it was hard to make Sonic out when going full speed. That and the framerate was all over the place.

Not had any of those issues in the final game. If I didn't buy games based on Demo's be a lot of games I never bought. The only real issue I had with SG is the boss fights are lack luster and a couple stages sucked in the redesign esp Planet Wisp. So Sonic Colors I hold higher.Great level design like the older games with platforming added and no just going downhill and holding forward. Boss fights were really good. I have to say they are the 2 ONLY good 3D sonic games and I love the SA games. But when it comes down to it VA,Story,controls,level design,Camera SA sucks and SC,SG are very well made. I do think SEGA should put the series on haitus for a while now and think 2012 is the first year for the last 10 not a single retail game has been released.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Started playing The Last Story today, I caved and opened it. it seems fun enough so far but I am gonna have to get used to the controls and battle system.

AnimeGamer183 has received a thanks from: Bluecast
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:47 pm

AnimeGamer183 wrote: Started playing The Last Story today, I caved and opened it. it seems fun enough so far but I am gonna have to get used to the controls and battle system.

You can change the battle to manual so it's not automatic
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 pm

Ryudo wrote:
Also I have to agree with OL Mario games just seem blah now.

GTFO

You can't make statement like that and then try to seriously big up any 3D Sonic game, including Sonic Adventure. All 3D Sonic games suck ass, because what made Sonic different to Mario back in the day (speed) doesn't translate to a three dimensional world. Don't even try and say Mario 64 feels clunky. I've got it on virtual console and granted, it doesn't match up graphically to what we're used to now, but it still does, and always will do, match up to any other platformer gameplay-wise.

I'd even throw my neck out on the line here and say Mario Sunshine was a banging game. It had it's fair share of (unwarranted, imo) harsh critique, but it is the only 3D Mario game that I re-visit regularly, and that's taking into consideration that I obviously have 64 and both Galaxies too. Sunshine is a very well made game.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:15 pm

QWERTY™ wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

GTFO

You can't make statement like that and then try to seriously big up any 3D Sonic game, including Sonic Adventure. All 3D Sonic games suck ass, because what made Sonic different to Mario back in the day (speed) doesn't translate to a three dimensional world. Don't even try and say Mario 64 feels clunky. I've got it on virtual console and granted, it doesn't match up graphically to what we're used to now, but it still does, and always will do, match up to any other platformer gameplay-wise.

I'd even throw my neck out on the line here and say Mario Sunshine was a banging game. It had it's fair share of (unwarranted, imo) harsh critique, but it is the only 3D Mario game that I re-visit regularly, and that's taking into consideration that I obviously have 64 and both Galaxies too. Sunshine is a very well made game.

Read again. I played down Sonic Adventure saying they suck. And yes Sonic Colors & Sonic Generations are fantastic games
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:22 pm

The first Sonic Adventure was great. It had a lot of flaws gameplay-wise, but that was only if you intentionally went against the game (basically doin shit you shouldn't really be doin) Other than that, it's without a doubt one of the DC's finest.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby QWERTY » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 pm

Ryudo wrote:
QWERTY™ wrote:
Ryudo wrote:

GTFO

Read again. I played down Sonic Adventure saying they suck. And yes Sonic Colors & Sonic Generations are fantastic games

Dude in retrospect can you not blatantly see that Sonic games were never and will never be anywhere near as good as Mario games? Simple. I was into Sonic first when I was a yoot man dem but when I got into the exploration and secret aspects of Mario then I soon kicked Sonic to the kerb. Simple fact is, Sonic was created to be cool and all eye candy but when you knuckle down to it it's similar to having a ride on a blonde bimbo - nice to look at and have a quick whirl on but the overall longevity is non-existant.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:27 pm

Yeah, at the end of the day, Super Mario World is better than any of Sonic's offerings, but that doesn't mean the Sonic games were bad. Just wayyy overrated (I still don't understand how people think that Sonic Adventure 2 was any good or that Sonic 1 on the MD's one of the greatest games ever)
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Bluecast » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: The first Sonic Adventure was great. It had a lot of flaws gameplay-wise, but that was only if you intentionally went against the game (basically doin shit you shouldn't really be doin) Other than that, it's without a doubt one of the DC's finest.

I love the game but when it comes down to Mechanics,Level Design,Voice Acting it's really bad. Colors & Gen fix the mechanics,VA & level design. Sonic games starting with SA had lazy design where you just hold forward and every so often press A to jump over something while going down. Colors esp goes back to the Genesis days with level design with some of the more modern elements like boost and rail grinding. You actually have to pay attention agin to what you are doing. Gens is also very good in these areas just not as good as Colors. However when compared to Mario in polish and mechanics yeah Nintendo has it locked down to a T. Just to me I agree with OL the aesthetics are blah. Does not take away from the fact SC,SG are very well made. Now as I said before the best platformer last several years is undoubtedly Rayman Origins. Game Play is second to none. Great challenge very tight controls and gameplay.Very fluid. Visualy stunning (Legends looks better and loved what I played) That game blasts Mario out of the park easily
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby QWERTY » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:36 pm

MiTT3NZ wrote: Yeah, at the end of the day, Super Mario World is better than any of Sonic's offerings, but that doesn't mean the Sonic games were bad. Just wayyy overrated (I still don't understand how people think that Sonic Adventure 2 was any good or that Sonic 1 on the MD's one of the greatest games ever)

Yeah fair one.

Rayman is a fag.
QWERTY
Pee Eye Zee Zee Ay
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming