What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What Game/Games Are You Currently Playing?

Postby Who Really Cares? » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:29 am

Yeah its good. Got a lot of charm.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Spokane » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:46 pm

I beat R&C Up Your Arsenal Yesterday and started Challenge mode. I already got up to Level 125 in health (the cap in the first playthrough is 100). And most of my weapons are level 5 and now working on the Mega version of the Duck gun, I love that weapon. The gun that turns enemies into Chickens in the first game, sheep in the second and this one are contenders for my favorite weapon in a game ever. I think I am up to Aquatos now, 4 or 5 planets in already. And I bought the best armor. I think the only skill point I have left is destroying all the breakables on Koros which is the second or third planet to the last so I will have to play up to there for sure. I just forgot to do it thats all. I got all the bolts the first time at least.

Spokane has received a thanks from: OL
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Spokane » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:52 am

It took less than a day to wrap everything up in R&C, which included going from 100 Nanotech to 200, getting 11 million bolts to afford all the Mega guns, and upgrading those all the way to Omega guns. And I beat the bosses again for the heck of it, so I essentially played it twice. And I do see what its peoples favorite R&C game. Its mine now too. I will be buying the newer games when I get the chance for sure.

I started Devil May Cry 4 today.

Spokane has received 2 thanks from: Axm, Bluecast
Spokane
RobotWillie
Shenmue III

PSN: RobotWillie
Steam: RobotWillie
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 am

On Chapter 13 on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC). Grrr, it's so hard and Astrid keeps getting one shotted. Was doing fine up until this point.

Also replaying REmake. I forgot just how scary the game can be (Crimson Heads, Lisa Trevor and Neptune) especially since I keep running out of ammo and running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid them.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Axm
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

Mass Effect 2. It's a real shame of a game, because it's missing so much of the first, yet it's added some brilliant features. It's still an Action RPG though (rehash of that argument/debate, anyone?)

Anyway, I defo agree that they should do an MMO version, but not until they add features like (proper) stealth, ship battles, hand-to-hand combat, etc. An amalgamation of all locations throughout the games plus more would be brilliant, but they'd need to keep the same features and mechanics as opposed to the more traditional MMORPG shite.

Ashley Williams pissed me off in the game though. Bitch us just jealous that my actions caused the game to make me choose Liara for the "bare arse/side boob" achievement. And her suit makes it look like she's got saggy tits, plus the fact she was probably bleeding from her minge could kinda make the situation a little more understandable. Still, I'm kinda wishing I went the other way for one of the "big decisions" towards the end of the first Mass Effect game.

MiTT3NZ has received a thanks from: Axm
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah, Ashley is a bitch. ME2 has the best cast in the series though, imo. And the best locations too. Oh, and the best enemies. ME1 has ME2 beat with the antagonist though (Saren is the best villain in the series).

ME1 has the best Citadel, easily. ME1 has a problem with combat though, like the AI was pretty terrible in some of the side quests, where they're running around like idiots shouting out comments every two seconds. ME2 has the best side quests. Both games have great music. I also prefer the aesthetics in ME2. ME1 is vibrant and has that film grain look, ME2 is more...gloomy and dark but has lots of neon all over the place. Just depends which style you prefer, I guess. ME1 definitely has the better end game though. They're both really quite different from one another and I love both of them.

And ME3 has the best nothing. Okay, it has good multiplayer, but that's about it. Combat is good too, I suppose, but it feels less tactical than before. Seriously, I feel sorry for Wii U owners who only have access to 3. No idea why they didn't just port the whole series over to it. BioWare were lazy there.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:47 am

You hate Ash now just wait till 3. Shes a full scale bitch and Bioware decided to make her look like a whore and just completly re wrote her. I guess EA had issues with someone who had a lot of faith in God.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: MiTT3NZ
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:42 pm

Was playing sleeping dogs again last night, I must suck cause I keep dying and cant progress the cop missions or the gang missions because I keep losing in fights...
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Strikeout » Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Since yesterday Ni No Kuni ! Holy cow this game is awesome! I taking my breaks cuz i don't want to rush trough such a beautiful game :)

Strikeout has received a thanks from: Axm
Strikeout
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: Valnes
Currently playing: nothing special

Postby Riku Rose » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:12 pm

ME2 is my favorite game in the series. I'm in the minority but I prefer the combat over the first game. The best part though is just getting to know your party members on the Normandy.
Riku Rose
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:32 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: On Chapter 13 on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC). Grrr, it's so hard and Astrid keeps getting one shotted. Was doing fine up until this point.

She's worth saving, she's got a skill called elite that gives her a ton of EXP, she has good growth stats and she can use a lot of different weapons after she's promoted. Gatrie is well, Gatrie the best heavy unit in the game, beastly man of manlyness. Those ship battles are always a pain in the ass because they throw so many flying units at you that can come and kill a weak party member. One thing you can try, if I'm not mistaken that game has the rescue option, you could try and get Gatrie to join then then have him rescue Astrid till you get her in a safe spot.

MiTT3NZ wrote:Mass Effect 2. It's a real shame of a game, because it's missing so much of the first, yet it's added some brilliant features. It's still an Action RPG though (rehash of that argument/debate, anyone?)

Anyway, I defo agree that they should do an MMO version, but not until they add features like (proper) stealth, ship battles, hand-to-hand combat, etc. An amalgamation of all locations throughout the games plus more would be brilliant, but they'd need to keep the same features and mechanics as opposed to the more traditional MMORPG shite.

Ashley Williams pissed me off in the game though. Bitch us just jealous that my actions caused the game to make me choose Liara for the "bare arse/side boob" achievement. And her suit makes it look like she's got saggy tits, plus the fact she was probably bleeding from her minge could kinda make the situation a little more understandable. Still, I'm kinda wishing I went the other way for one of the "big decisions" towards the end of the first Mass Effect game.

I don't think anyone will argue that 1 and 2 are, 3 is the one that basically cut everything out. Even then I feel like they looked at ME1 and said "Lets take everything that people didn't like and make another game, then add new shit". Its not a bad game but all the changes to the combat aren't necessarily improvements since they made them less about your stats and also removed an entire playstyle. I really like both games but they need to take the best aspects of both and make a game that offers a deep RPG experience, good gunplay and a good branching story. No game in the series can say it has all three, and 3 can't say it has 1 of those.

Henry Spencer wrote:No idea why they didn't just port the whole series over to it. BioWare were lazy there.

Bioware is just generally lazy. Thats why the demos for their games have GamePad support but final games don't. Thats why DA2 only had 5 maps that got passed off as different dungeons, etc etc.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:41 pm

The Mako split fans down the middle but rather than improve it BW simply killed it. But scanning which everyone hated? More of that crap than anything else in 3 :evil:

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby MiTT3NZ » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:22 pm

See, I don't mind the scanning, and I liked the Mako sections. They should've split it. Half the planets you can only scan, the other half you can land on to scout for minerals n shit and also have a little side-mission involved with the planet. Even if it's just a simple "Shepard, take these guys out and I'll wire credits to your account" mission with no story-driven motives or dialogue of any sort involved, just inbox-mission-credits.

I know a lot of peeps blame EA for this kinda shit, but I gotta agree that BioWare are just lazy full stop. Especially with the same map being C&Pd. I suppose it isn't the same map though if they stick crates in different spots. I don't even appreciate the background scenery, because as good as it is, you can tell that they just wanted to create the illusion of a large, open world to blind players to the fact that they're small, dull, and relatively lifeless outside of conversations.

The series as a whole is the real shame though, because it's all very well done with brilliant ideas, but it seems like they decided "we'll just put this and that in so we hit deadlines" as opposed to "we're on a strict deadline, so we're gonna have to figure out how to fit all of this in."

I mean, goddamnit, EA gets all the shit for BioWare's apparent drop in standards, but surely the penny shoulda dropped with one of the higher-ranking nob eds n said "no, they spent all this money because they know we can deliver and have already managed to establish a popular, exciting IP. They can and will give us breathing room." Spineless cunts.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:59 pm

EA are the ones who gave them short dev times for DA2 and ME3. EA are the ones who 'helped' them take out an important squad member and make him DLC thus forceing them to rewrite most the story.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: On Chapter 13 on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC). Grrr, it's so hard and Astrid keeps getting one shotted. Was doing fine up until this point.

That reminds me that I need to get Radiant Dawn. I keep putting of getting Radiant Dawn for some reason.

I'm deciding on whether to play Darksiders 2 or Wind Waker. I've barely started Darksiders but I've put off playing Wind Waker for awhile and I kind of want to finish it before the HD version comes around.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming