What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:56 pm

Yama wrote:
Axm wrote:Just finished Tomb Raider.
On to like 50 other games in my back log.

You... finished a game? Dude, you're doing it wrong. Do I have to teach you how to Axm again?

Thief wrote: I've been playing Fire Emblem like no other. I've kind of been alternating between Fire Emblem Sword of Seals, Thracia 776, Genealogy of the Holy War, and Awakening. They're all fun but I think I'm going to keep on with awakening and then move on to Path of Radiance (since i just bought it). The emulator ones can wait a while :)

Where are you in each game?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby OL » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:34 am

Had a day off today, so I spent almost all of my time playing games.
Finally finished Tales of Destiny. Easy game, that one. Really endearing in a sort of SNES/PS1 combo kind of way though. Enjoyed it a helluva lot. Not life-changing, but still worth playing through.
And, almost immediately after that, I started in on Tales of Vesperia. Already about six hours in. I haven't engaged in long stretches of gaming like this in a while, but it felt really good, especially with such a light, inoppressive game as Vesperia. Just a really enjoyable ride so far, and it's great going immediately from a 2D Tales game into one of the newer 3D iterations and seeing just how far the series has come.

OL has received a thanks from: Jokatech19
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Axm » Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Yama wrote:
Axm wrote:Just finished Tomb Raider.
On to like 50 other games in my back log.

You... finished a game? Dude, you're doing it wrong. Do I have to teach you how to Axm again?

ROFL!

And just finished the last episode in telltales Walking Dead.
I'm on a 2 game kill streak.
Stay tuned to when I complete my 3rd game in 2015.

Axm has received a thanks from: Yama
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Cave Johnson » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:17 pm

So I just bought an XBOX 360 recently 250 gb version for $250 (I couldn't wait for post Durango hype 360 price drops anymore). I will admit that I am a fanboy of Sony, but because the damn system houses good japanese shooters I went ahead with it. So right now I'm into the SHMUPS, and some other unique (but mostly HD remakes) titles not found on the PS3. I bought off Ikaruga (also have the DC version), Radiant Silvergun, Guwange and REZ HD. Later on the purchase list are Guardian Heroes, Virtual On, Bangai-HD and other Japanese SHMUPS.

Again I didn't want the 360 but I did it for the above mentioned reasons lol. Apprantly Microsoft went to bed with Cave and Treasure to have these games exclusive to their system or so I've read on the net.

Other than SHMUPS, If you guys know of any good XBLA japanese developed games let me know, thanks.
Also, feel free to add my gamertag/psn.

Cave Johnson has received a thanks from: Axm
Cave Johnson
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: SHMUPS

Postby Who Really Cares? » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 am

Black Knight Sword which is also down to 400MSP right now. XBLA is not filled with that many Japanese games because from what Ive read they are not big fans of the service right now due to MS running of it.

Unless you want a lot of Sega classics? Then i can list loads. If you want just the a bunch of XBLA games that are worth trying anyways well i can start typing a list now :lol:
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Henry Spencer » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:49 pm

Forbidden Siren 2, which is fast becoming a new favourite horror game. The scenarios are so intense. Play as a blind guy with his guide dog, play as a weak teenage girl, police officer, a biker, fortune teller, the army - this is definitely the most varied cast of characters I have seen in a horror game. The missions playing as the teenage girl and the blind guy w/ his dog are pretty terrifying...even for me.

Also been playing Yakuza 4, which is so far much better than Y3 was in the beginning. Akiyama is more fun to fight as, I'm really glad that they decided to vary the gameplay + story up as much as they have.
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Kenny » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:54 pm

Splatterhouse.

I played maybe 10 minutes of it then turned it off. Just wasn't fun to play.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby kushanova » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:24 pm

I just played about 5 minutes of Cabela's Big Buck Hunter on PS1. It wasn't fun either.
kushanova
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: kushanova

Postby Axm » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm

ZombiU.
Getting repetative now. Just trying to burn through it so I can say I beat it.
Will probably trade this and MH3U in asap for some decent 360/PS3 games.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Persona 4 Golden
Just what I needed for the vita.Went from never using it to using it everyday.Addicting game.
Last edited by Samanosuke Akechi on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Samanosuke Akechi has received a thanks from: Axm
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Jokatech19 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:34 pm

OL wrote: Had a day off today, so I spent almost all of my time playing games.
Finally finished Tales of Destiny. Easy game, that one. Really endearing in a sort of SNES/PS1 combo kind of way though. Enjoyed it a helluva lot. Not life-changing, but still worth playing through.
And, almost immediately after that, I started in on Tales of Vesperia. Already about six hours in. I haven't engaged in long stretches of gaming like this in a while, but it felt really good, especially with such a light, inoppressive game as Vesperia. Just a really enjoyable ride so far, and it's great going immediately from a 2D Tales game into one of the newer 3D iterations and seeing just how far the series has come.

Have you played TO Phantasia for Gamecube?! Omg that game was long and sick. I actually wish more rpg's like that made it over here. We seem to get the standardized 40 hour rpg's
Jokatech19
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: AC: Revelations

Postby OL » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm

^^I think it's Symphonia you're thinking of. Yeah, I played through it way back when I first got my Gamecube (also one of the reasons I got the console to begin with). Second Tales game I played (first being Phantasia on an SFC emulator), and I enjoyed it, but it's definitely not the best of the series.
But yeah, they do offer really long experiences pretty much every time. I think Symphonia was around 60 hours for me (with plenty of stuff left un-done), and Tales of the Abyss on PS2 was about the same amount.
Tales of Destiny was only about 35 or 40 though. Of course I finished it without having done one of its biggest sidequests: a full recreation of Namco's original Tower of Druaga arcade game. Couldn't figure out how to access it (maybe I should look it up). So that probably left several hours off of the total playtime.
And Vesperia is going really well so far. Almost 20 hours in, and it doesn't really seem like it's gotten into the "main" story yet, so I'm sure there's tons left to get through. Not that it's going slow by any means, it's just taking its time, and I like that. Really wish we would have gotten the PS3 version localized though. Looked like there was a lot of extra stuff added in.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Thief » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:25 am

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Thief wrote: I've been playing Fire Emblem like no other. I've kind of been alternating between Fire Emblem Sword of Seals, Thracia 776, Genealogy of the Holy War, and Awakening. They're all fun but I think I'm going to keep on with awakening and then move on to Path of Radiance (since i just bought it). The emulator ones can wait a while :)

Where are you in each game?

I only got a couple chapters into each game before I decided to stop playing all of them and focus on Awakening. I beat Awakening on Normal/Classic and I'm on Chapter 15 on Hard/Classic. I'm going to stop though for now and start up Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. I'm still going to keep playing my Hard file on Awakening but I'm starting to burn myself out so I'm going to take it slow and play maybe a chapter every couple of days or so. I still haven't decided if I'm going to purchase the DLC. If I do it will be the first time I've ever purchased DLC :P (games don't usually keep my interest long enough for me to justify any sort of DLC).

Anyway, Awakening is a great game. The purchase of my 3DS has already been justified and the reasons I got one in the first place (Animal Crossing & Pokemon) haven't even been released yet.
Thief
LAMEWAD
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:37 am

Alot of the really good DLC like Priam is free. Someof it is pretty cool, like the battles and new classes/skills, but some of it is incredibly stupid like the ones where you get extra money or exp.
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby kushanova » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:27 am

I started playing Final Fantasy Tactics aka RPG Chess after owning it for like 10 years. I like the slow paced battles even though they can take forever. Maybe it's just my low level characters, I need to level up! & those chocobos oh man they piss me off!
kushanova

PSN: kushanova

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming