What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:04 am

OL wrote: I was actually thinking about it. But I'd have to be recording it as I play through, and I don't have an s-video cable for my 360 yet. I think right now, this is just going to be a "for fun" playthrough.
Good idea for the future though. There's certainly plenty to say about it, and despite being Rockstar, it's still semi-obscure enough that piecing a video together definitely wouldn't be a moot effort.

Unless you just meant a text review, in which case I may ramble on about it before long anyway.

Nah, I was requesting that you should make a review video for your SIngle Player Gamer Channel on it. No worries, I'm still debating whether if I should import or get the NTSC-J which I don't believe is the scholarship edition.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby Who Really Cares? » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:23 am

State of Decay
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Calshot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:11 pm

I accidentally chose Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown in the PS3 menu, but decided to play a quick match anyway.

I was up against a guy who was way way higher ranked than me. I mentioned to my sister I was about to get demolished. My sister was asking "how good can he be?" only to see the guy get a perfect in the very first round. The match ended as expected with him winning 3-1. I ended up rematching him and somehow took a level up in badass. He won the first round, but somehow I won the next three rounds (including getting a perfect of my own) to win the match.

I played some Mirror's Edge afterwards. I'm only a few levels in and I haven't completely nailed the controls yet. However, the brief glimpses of fluidity I've managed to pull off have encouraged me to keep playing.
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby Rakim » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:53 pm

Calshot wrote: I accidentally chose Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown in the PS3 menu, but decided to play a quick match anyway.

I was up against a guy who was way way higher ranked than me. I mentioned to my sister I was about to get demolished. My sister was asking "how good can he be?" only to see the guy get a perfect in the very first round. The match ended as expected with him winning 3-1. I ended up rematching him and somehow took a level up in badass. He won the first round, but somehow I won the next three rounds (including getting a perfect of my own) to win the match.

I played some Mirror's Edge afterwards. I'm only a few levels in and I haven't completely nailed the controls yet. However, the brief glimpses of fluidity I've managed to pull off have encouraged me to keep playing.

When I read the part where you mentioned your sister I was expecting the story to turn around with you handing her the controller to find out that she is an arcade fighting master :lol:. Still good show.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby MiTT3NZ » Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:07 pm

OL wrote: So Bully on 360 is freakin' great.

Still bitterly disappointed in myself for selling it.
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby Calshot » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:24 pm

Rakim wrote:When I read the part where you mentioned your sister I was expecting the story to turn around with you handing her the controller to find out that she is an arcade fighting master :lol:. Still good show.

Hey, if I was Teepo and mentioned my sister, things would have taken a turn for the worse.

Calshot has received a thanks from: Rakim
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

Postby south carmain » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Calshot wrote:
Rakim wrote:When I read the part where you mentioned your sister I was expecting the story to turn around with you handing her the controller to find out that she is an arcade fighting master :lol:. Still good show.

Hey, if I was Teepo and mentioned my sister, things would have taken a turn for the worse.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:36 am

OL wrote: So Bully on 360 is freakin' great.

Yep. Love it and one of the few games I enjoyed so much I wanted to finish it 100% both in game and achievement wise and it has one of my favorite OSTs.

Still annoyed at no Bully 2.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Bluecast » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:51 am

Be sorta vague but just beat a boss made of stone in DQIX. This game is really fun. It is pretty straightforward affair like I expected. The game is damn addicting tho. DQ8 is by far the better game but I am actually enjoying this a tad more. I don't know why. Now one of my fave DS games.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby AnimeGamer183 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:01 am

idk why either, i refused to even touch it. All mute party characters just seems like such a drag... :/
AnimeGamer183
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:38 pm

Kinda stopped playing DMC4. I dunno, there's no real incentive for me to keep playing. The scavenger hunting bits hit then I just started playing Tekken 5 and Tomb Raider instead.

Kenny has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby OL » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:37 pm

Just beat Bully once again. Such a great little experience.
You know, as much as I always clamored for it in the past, I don't really know anymore if I'd want a sequel. Playing through it again, it seems like a pretty great one-off kind of thing. Turning it into a series might not be the wisest thing, since it'd be really hard to capture the same charm and attitude that the original had.
I mean, times have changed. Even though they're still well-made, Grand Theft Auto certainly doesn't have the same wacky personality to it that it did on the PS2. And now Rockstar have made games like Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire, and Max Payne 3... all good in their own right, but obviously coming from a much different group of minds than the ones that once made Bully.
I feel like a new one would either take itself too seriously, or just go a little too overboard with the lewd humor. Hell, I don't even imagine it'd be T-rated anymore. They'd probably shoot for an M, go for as much controversy as possible.
The original had just the right attitude about itself, and I'd hate to see anything new ruin that legacy.
And besides, I'm not sure what else they could legitimately do with the story and concept anyway. Sure, they could always use extra side-activities. There'd be no shortage of ideas for that. But story-wise, I don't know what else they could do besides repeating themselves.
So as it is, I think I'm content just having the original.
I'd certainly check out a sequel if it ever got made, I just have doubts as to how worthwhile a venture it would be to even make one.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Tekken Revolution
It's basically the online multiplayer of Tag 2. Enjoyable for a free download. Works like the usual free-to-play scheme, buying tokens for extra characters, in-game currency etc.

Also includes the standard arcade mode with a ladder of ten opponents and the final boss.

Hatsune Miku Project Diva F
I know I'm not exactly qualified to comment on obscure Japanese games, but I really have no idea what the fuss is about with this game. It's so visually busy for a button bash rhythm game I thought I was going to have an epileptic fit. Struggled with it even on easy difficulty.

Crimson Ryan has received a thanks from: Kenny
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote: Tekken Revolution
It's basically the online multiplayer of Tag 2. Enjoyable for a free download. Works like the usual free-to-play scheme, buying tokens for extra characters, in-game currency etc.

Also includes the standard arcade mode with a ladder of ten opponents and the final boss.

Supposedly its free. I'm getting it.
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby Crimson Ryan » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:18 pm

All I know is, I won't be spending any money on it :)
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming