What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby OL » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Henry Spencer wrote: I beat Dark Souls. Feels so good to say that. What an epic, epic game. Without a shadow of a doubt, one of my games of this console generation. Final playtime was 96 hours.

Yeah, Dark Souls was a fucking blast. Every new area reached, ever new enemy encountered, every new level attained felt exciting as hell. And actually beating it felt about as satisfying as can be (the unfortunately short, vague end cutscene notwithstanding).
The next game can't arrive soon enough. I'd be playing it right now if it came out today. I'd put everything else down and have at it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby south carmain » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:52 pm

mue 26 wrote:
south carmain wrote:
mue 26 wrote: Haven't played Y4 yet but I'm gutted there's no Okinawa in it :(

my offer to lend you it still stands btw.

So you found it? I might actually take you up on that offer!

no problem let me know when you wanna pick it up. I can lend you yakuza: dead souls with it too if you want
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Henry Spencer » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:57 pm

OL wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote: I beat Dark Souls. Feels so good to say that. What an epic, epic game. Without a shadow of a doubt, one of my games of this console generation. Final playtime was 96 hours.

Yeah, Dark Souls was a fucking blast. Every new area reached, ever new enemy encountered, every new level attained felt exciting as hell. And actually beating it felt about as satisfying as can be (the unfortunately short, vague end cutscene notwithstanding).
The next game can't arrive soon enough. I'd be playing it right now if it came out today. I'd put everything else down and have at it.

Same here. I want Dark Souls II now, even though I just put in an immense amount of playtime with Dark Souls 1. Kinda insane how addictive that game really is. The atmosphere is really something. I wish that every game had such a collection of amazing boss battles like that. That's something that felt a little...lacking this generation, even normally a go to guy for that sort of thing disappointed me in that regard this generation (Kojima with MGS4 & Peace Walker) but From Software were there for my "AMAZING BOSS BATTLE" fix. I suppose the Batman games were also good in that regard. Here's hoping to a return for more boss battles next generation. Sorry for going on a tangent.

From top to bottom, the game just seemed well designed, loved every area that I discovered and explored and like you say, every enemy encounter still felt fresh even though you'd no doubt died a few times beforehand, hah. I'm still remembering every boss battle and scenarios that the game put me up against even now. Mark of a truly great game and anybody who hasn't played it, has really missed out. Just goes to show how brilliant games made by a quiet, relatively unknown development team (on a middle sized budget) can be and how they are the ones that take you by surprise.

Also excited to see what the original creator's next project is, supposedly that's a new IP!

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:04 pm

Nah man, skytrim is bettah cause some slanty eyed muthafuckas made Dark Souls

I'm really excited to see the AI changes, I think they'll make it more varied and unique which is like the opposite of what everyone else seems to be doing.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. has received a thanks from: OL
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

PSN: Wildfire21
XBL: Wildfire Green
Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Rent A Hero

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:16 pm

south carmain wrote:
no problem let me know when you wanna pick it up. I can lend you yakuza: dead souls with it too if you want

Thanks! I probably won't bother with Dead Souls though, I haven't heard great things. When are you free for me to pick it up? The week end?
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby south carmain » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:22 pm

mue 26 wrote:
south carmain wrote:

Thanks! I probably won't bother with Dead Souls though, I haven't heard great things. When are you free for me to pick it up? The week end?

nah dead souls is a great game that has all the charm of a yakuza game, I'm free any day really, just let me know a few hours beforehand

south carmain has received a thanks from: mue 26
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby mue 26 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:39 pm

Cool! What station is nearest you? Actually, you can PM me that, in case there are any stalkers about the dojo.

mue 26 has received a thanks from: wude
mue 26
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:07 pm

mue 26 wrote: Cool! What station is nearest you? Actually, you can PM me that, in case there are any stalkers about the dojo.

Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:28 am

Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby Bluecast » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:48 am

Playing a bunch of demo's on PS3.

Rocket Knight...lifeless remake and changed the levels and boring visuals. Music doesn't have the same pop.

Mega Man 9 was only one level and maybe the easiest not sure but it seemed harder than the NES games.

Contra hard Corps remake. WOW the game is gorgeous. Doesn't feel like contra but pretty good.

Moon Diver..um Strider?

Bionic Commando Rearmed. My god it's amazing. Brought a tear of super nostalgia. How did Grin get this one so fucking amazing but fuck up so badly on the retail release?

Bomberman Ultra first Bomberman I played since NES. I liked it.

Earthworm Jim 3d..was ok but only played one on the Genesis once 20 years ago and remember almost nothing. Nice looking tho.

Genji...yes I am going to say it. Giant enemy crabs and attack it's weak point for massive damage.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:05 pm

Mistwalker Strategy RPG in English. \:D/
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Segata Sanshiro Jr. » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:11 pm

Patch?
Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Mannytaro
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:46 pm

^^I think it actually got officially released in Europe recently, didn't it? I might be mistaken. Thought I'd heard something about it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Henry Spencer » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:29 am

Nah, a fan translation. The group doing it never officially released it, it got leaked just a year ago. Didn't even realise that until last night when I did some searching. It's really good, by the way.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: OL
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

Postby Calshot » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 pm

I finished "the journey" section of Persona 3: FES and have played a decent chunk of "the answer".

I also finished Assassin's Creed 3, bar a few naval missions. Not quite up to par as the Ezio games, but it eventually grew on me. Well, the game itself did. Connor did not.

I also started Heroes of Might and Magic III last night and I'm starting to get addicted to it.

Calshot has received a thanks from: OL
Calshot
Volare!
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: SoLongAgo
Steam: Vodkakui

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming