What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby MiTT3NZ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:39 pm

Crimson Ryan wrote:Who would of thought..

have*
MiTT3NZ
Class A Cunt
Shenmue III

XBL: Mittens2317
Steam: Mittens2317
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Football Manager 2012

Postby IrishNinja » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 am

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: Co-op mode in Biohazard 6 with my fiancee.

literally the only way to play it! we got through 5 & Gold both, but chris' campaign in 6 killed our momentum, which sucked. Leon's was way better.

IrishNinja has received a thanks from: *Kenshin Himura*
IrishNinja
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: TheIrishNinja
XBL: The NZA 2099
Nintendo FC: IrishNinja
Steam: The NZA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Guardian Heroes

Postby *Kenshin Himura* » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:11 pm

^Yeah, we never played Biohazard 5 Gold Edition yet even though we have it. We are progressing very well through the Leon and Helena's campaign. Hopefully we won't lose momentum. Then again, we are both Playing Final Fantasy Lightning Returns together as well. So who knows.

After we complete Biohazard 6 we will play gold Biohazard 5 Gold Edition.
*Kenshin Himura*
飛天御剣
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8

Postby south carmain » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Metro: last light. the Ukrainians sure can make awesome post-apocalyptic FPSs, I ended up playing it 6 hours straight. it's been a long time since a game has managed to suck me in like that.

south carmain has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Axm » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:02 pm

Dragons Crown and Danganronpa on Vita

Axm has received a thanks from: Henry Spencer
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Crimson Ryan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:42 am

What I will be playing: Tomb Raider from PlayStation Plus.

Heard a lot of good news about this game. I was tempted to buy it when it was on sale but gaming as a hobby is cooling down for me. This would be the first time I've actually played one of the IGC games from Plus since resubscribing. I got it initially to stack PS4 games when I was still toying with the idea of buying one.
Crimson Ryan
Mac Tonight
Shenmue III

Postby AhmedHazuki » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:47 pm

playing 4 games now,
I'm currently putting mario 3d world on hold because it's not fun playing alone (my opinion) so waiting for my cousin to play with.
Darksiders which I'm liking
Infamous which I'm LOVING
Last of Us is also on hold since I didn't turn off the Ps3 correctly the save file got corrupt and now I have to repeat the whole thing again...
AhmedHazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: ahmedhazuki
Currently playing: Infamous,Darksiders.

Postby AhmedHazuki » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:51 pm

south carmain wrote:
AhmedHazuki wrote: I've just finished sleeping dogs and uncharted 2, currently playing rage, uncharted 3, wind waker hd, and fable the lost chapters.

What did you think of sleeping dogs?

Great game, not much to do in the world though...great story I'd give it an 8.5/10 for great graphics,cars,combat,story and the environment but shame on them for not making it an interactive environment.
AhmedHazuki
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: ahmedhazuki
Currently playing: Infamous,Darksiders.

Postby south carmain » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:28 pm

eh I thought there was quite a bit to do in the world, it had lots of clothes to buy, some random events, gambling and street fights. shame you could only carry 2 guns, not being able to use public transport and no multiplayer though
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Currently playing: okami hd

Postby ys » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:50 am

I also thought that it had a decent amount of extra activities actually. And the fact that finding items often involved some street fighting was great. It prevented the search from getting monotonous.

I read that they are working on a new Sleeping Dogs game. As improvement, it would be interesting if you could enter more stores or have some fighting tournament maybe.
That's really something that I think Shenmue did better than most games : the fact that a city felt more alive since you could enter many stores and talk to people. Instead of the city being like a facade/background scenery in many open world games.

ys has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, OL, St. Elmo's Fire
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby OL » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:06 pm

^^And even if you couldn't enter a door in Shenmue/II, Ryo would still at least interact with it, either knocking or trying to pull it open to no avail since it's locked. Gave off the feeling that even if you couldn't enter, something still exists behind it. More games ought to do that kind of thing.

OL has received 3 thanks from: MiTT3NZ, St. Elmo's Fire, ys
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby OL » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:23 am

DP
(and by that, I do of course mean Double Penetration)

So after beating Xillia, I'm still in a Tales mood, so I popped Tales of Graces in just to mess around a bit. Didn't really go into it intending to keep on with it (I thought I was going to start Ni No Kuni), but I actually am really liking it so far. Sure, it felt a lot more "kiddy" than Xillia at first, but there's a certain charm to be had with that. The first portion of the game casts you as a child after all, and has you running around causing a ruckus with your friends. Oddly, I got kind of a nice "Illusion of Gaia"-esque vibe from it a couple times, which is nothing if not welcome. It gets kinda sappy and corny here and there, but that's to be expected.
But then the game hits a curveball, and after a few hours of happily gallivanting across the countryside, fighting nothing but aggressive pigs and birds, suddenly this badass mothah pops up:

...one of the characters gets impaled through the torso by it, and things suddenly get a lot darker. A parent even basically sells one of their kids to another family. It's pretty fucked.
I mean yeah, it's a Tales game, so of course things aren't going to turn into Nier for long before heading back into sappy friendship territory, but it surprised me all the same.
And now it's seven years later, my characters are grown up, and the game is introducing new fighting abilities and whatnot.
I'm enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would, honestly. It was originally a Wii game, so the graphics and presentation aren't quite as polished as the genuine "next gen" Tales titles (Vesperia and Xillia), but that just makes it feel a little bit old(er)-school. I think I might keep on with it after all. I'm bad about drifting out of long games after a while, but I'm gonna try to stick with it.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby Kenny » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Friend gave me Fez on Steam and for all the shit that Fish guy says and gets, people overlook the fact is a damn good platformer. I love it.

Also very slowly going through Batman: Arkham Origins but right now i'm playing ALOT of Mirror's Edge for a very special project that's in the woodwork.

Kenny has received 2 thanks from: OL, Raithos
Kenny
is Gwenpool™
Shenmue III

PSN: JamesTeeZappa
XBL: KennyNOL
Nintendo FC: FUCK THE WII-U
Steam: kenny_nol
Currently playing: Contest of Champions iOS

Postby ys » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:42 pm

OL wrote: ^^And even if you couldn't enter a door in Shenmue/II, Ryo would still at least interact with it, either knocking or trying to pull it open to no avail since it's locked. Gave off the feeling that even if you couldn't enter, something still exists behind it. More games ought to do that kind of thing.

That's exactly what I meant. This made such a huge difference to me. Acknowledging a place, commenting that the store isn't open yet and so on.
I thought of this when playing GTA V. It does have features like a huge map and people walking around talking on their phones. But something small like not being able to walk into a bar that was in a mission makes me feel like I'm not part of the world. There were a couple of places that I wanted to check out instead of just standing outside. But I suppose I'm not the average GTA-fan and too biased by Shenmue ;)

Now playing : nothing after just finishing some games. I will probably start Skies of Arcadia soon. I haven't played it for years but listening to the soundtrack earlier got me in the mood.

ys has received a thanks from: St. Elmo's Fire
ys
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby wude » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:21 pm

Playing los 2, gets repetitive some times but still very fun game, it's somewhere between prince of persia and god of war
the environments are beautiful too

wude
٩(⁎❛ᴗ❛⁎)۶
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: m.a.m.e

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming