What are you currently playing?

(Gaming discussion not related to Shenmue)

Re: What are you currently playing?

Postby Bluecast » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:20 pm

Forget the name on the box. If you ever wanted to play a SMT game with the aesthetic and backdrop of a Persona game this is the game to get. The character and enemy design is from Yasuda as he worked on Devil Survivor games. I booted up my fave file in Chapter 13 after just finishing Persona 5 today. So nice to just jump in mid game. Really great game as well. I never cared or played anything Digimon til this game. This game is so enjoyable I have the sequel pre ordered.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: KiBa
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Bluecast » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:07 pm

If you want to look for me on STO. Segata Sanshiro and my ship is USS-Dreamcast NCC-1999.

Bluecast has received a thanks from: Telekill
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby Axm » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:05 am

The Switch with the wife.
Mario Kart 8 we are having fun. But..
Sniper Clips we are having a blast. After playing the demo we were hooked and immediately bought it. What a delightfully smart game. Having a couple drinks and yelling at each other "Ok now cut my head off!" "Don't stick it in there" etc. So many sexual innuendos and nonsense. GOTY lol

Axm has received a thanks from: Bluecast
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby myshtuff » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:14 pm

Axm wrote: The Switch with the wife.
Mario Kart 8 we are having fun. But..
Sniper Clips we are having a blast. After playing the demo we were hooked and immediately bought it. What a delightfully smart game. Having a couple drinks and yelling at each other "Ok now cut my head off!" "Don't stick it in there" etc. So many sexual innuendos and nonsense. GOTY lol

My wife and I are playing Snipperclips also. Super fun game. I feel like it's not getting the coverage it deserves.

myshtuff has received a thanks from: Axm
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby Axm » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:19 pm

Ok got Zelda now. And yes wow.. amazing game.
I actually didn't think it looked so beautiful in videos online and screen shots, I thought it looked rather bland tbh.
But now actually playing it and seeing the true resolution and performance of it, wow.. this is a beautiful game.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Bluecast » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:21 pm

Finished Yakuxa 0 yesterday and easily my fave game this year now. I had forgotten months ago PS+ gave out Yakuza 5. So I started Yakuza 5 up and wow it's so odd for me to go from 20 year old Kiryu to people calling him an old man. I played for about 2 hours. Also WTF the kid I helped in a side story is now the leader of the Tojo clan? That's nuts. I'm not sure I'm ready to go from prequel to one game away from Kiryu's last story. Kiwami comes out next month and maybe should hold off and I know the basics of that story since I seen the movie a couple times before. Not sure if I will continue Yakuza 5 now.
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

Postby OL » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:03 am

So I bought Eternal Ring for PS4 on the Playstation Store a while back, and finally got around to really playing it recently... until I found out that there's an infamous bug in it, held over from PS2 emulation on PS3, which prevents you from passing a certain point early in the game, killing you instantly. Seriously, a game-breaking bug, in the most literal way possible. And in all this time, no one at Sony or Agetech or From Software have done anything to remedy it. They're selling a broken game on PSN with no intention of fixing it.
That's... y'know, pretty bad. Money out the window.
Luckily, I had my PS2 hooked up anyway, and have a physical copy of Eternal Ring for it, so I could play it anyway.
In simplest terms, the game is King's Field-lite. Same setup, same basic style, just a teensy bit brighter and far easier/more accessible. Much shorter than I expected too. It's not a bad game, and it functions well enough. But I don't think anyone will ever accuse it of being among From Software's best. It feels a bit like something that was rushed out just so they could quickly release something, anything for Sony's new console at the time (it originally came out in 2000).
Still a nice enough atmosphere though. It just ain't exactly Dark Souls or Armored Core.
OL
Yo jes hummilated yoursef
Shenmue III

Postby JohnBlack » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:56 pm

OL wrote: So I bought Eternal Ring for PS4 on the Playstation Store a while back, and finally got around to really playing it recently... until I found out that there's an infamous bug in it, held over from PS2 emulation on PS3, which prevents you from passing a certain point early in the game, killing you instantly. Seriously, a game-breaking bug, in the most literal way possible. And in all this time, no one at Sony or Agetech or From Software have done anything to remedy it. They're selling a broken game on PSN with no intention of fixing it.
That's... y'know, pretty bad. Money out the window.
Luckily, I had my PS2 hooked up anyway, and have a physical copy of Eternal Ring for it, so I could play it anyway.
In simplest terms, the game is King's Field-lite. Same setup, same basic style, just a teensy bit brighter and far easier/more accessible. Much shorter than I expected too. It's not a bad game, and it functions well enough. But I don't think anyone will ever accuse it of being among From Software's best. It feels a bit like something that was rushed out just so they could quickly release something, anything for Sony's new console at the time (it originally came out in 2000).
Still a nice enough atmosphere though. It just ain't exactly Dark Souls or Armored Core.

This bug was fixed like a week ago. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/6 ... s_patched/

JohnBlack has received a thanks from: OL
JohnBlack
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby OL » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:33 pm

:lol:
Well of course. I was playing it on PS2 by that point, so I'd stopped looking into it.
Oh, the luck.
OL
Shenmue III

Postby Bambi » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:45 pm

phpBB [video]

Still loving this.

Bambi has received a thanks from: sand4fish
Bambi
The Master of Unlocking
"Keep Friends"

Postby sand4fish » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:52 pm

Bambi wrote:
phpBB [video]

Still loving this.

This game gave me plenty of sleepless nights.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Axm » Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:21 am

Continuing with Breath of the Wild. Having played it all day now I can say this game or RE7 will be my personal goty. I haven't even really gotten going far into BoW so that's saying alot for me. As I progress in the game maybe it'll become the clear winner but I did absolutely love RE7, so it's got some more convincing to do till then.

It's really incredible how huge this game is. Just trying to wrap my head around the fact I've played over 20 hours and only actually step foot in maybe 5% of the map. And in that 5% I feel I've seen so much yet I know it's just so little. Like I still haven't been in a proper dungeon yet.

Also people do continue to add my friend code if you can. I will be getting Splatoon 2 aswell.
SW-6600-3863-0131
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby SickOctopus » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:19 am

About to dive into Yakuza 0, finally. Have already beaten 1-5, but am looking forward to going through them again, with Kiwami after this. Really hope the second game will get the Kiwami treatment, as well.

SickOctopus has received a thanks from: FlagshipFighter
SickOctopus
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: AJK1986
Steam: AllyK86
Currently playing: Life is Strange

Postby OL » Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:42 am

Just started playing this game called Shadwen.
I spotted it a while back, but only just now decided to actually buy it, Steam summer sale and all that.
I went in just expecting another standard stealth game, but it seems to have some really interesting features that really, really make it feel a helluva lot different from anything else.
The biggest thing is that if you stop pressing any controls, time stops entirely, giving you the ability to check your surroundings and assess your situation. It feels very strange at first (and will probably screw me up if I try playing anything else immediately after :lol: ), but it really does make it feel unlike anything else I've played, giving it a very big tactical edge along with all of the usual stealth mechanics.
The other big difference is that the main character has a very physics-based grappling hook which, especially when used in conjunction with the time-stopping mechanic, can be used pretty effectively for some really cool bits of platforming. Also, even though it is, as far as I can tell, an indie game all around, it actually looks pretty nice in the visual department. It's got a bit of a Thief style to it, but with a slightly wider color palette. It looks very nice so far. The cutscenes are all made up of still pieces of art unfortunately, which is a shame since the character models in-game actually look very good. But I suppose full-on animated cutscenes just weren't in the budget. It's obviously a slightly lower-budget kind of deal, but they seem to do some really nice things with the game regardless.

Only played about an hour so far, but I'm digging it. I do enjoy it when people come up with new ways to keep the stealth genre fresh.

OL has received a thanks from: KiBa
OL
Shenmue III

Postby KiBa » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Hey, I challenge you to 1v1 ship combat in STO, Blu! I'm Kiba there too. I will find you.

KiBa has received a thanks from: Telekill
KiBa
selfaware
"Keep Friends"

PreviousNext

Return to General Gaming