Pro Wrestling

(Discuss literally anything here including introductions)

Re: Pro Wrestling Official Topic

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:15 am

Why are you singling out Cena in that example when it reads as though everyone on the roster was saying the same thing?

Cena wins all the time because he's money. That's the WWE formula, it's how the show is run. I've had my own share of frustration with it, but it's not the wrestler's fault. My impression of Cena is that he's one of the most selfless, least political headliners they've ever had, but that doesn't change their booking style.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Why are you singling out Cena in that example when it reads as though everyone on the roster was saying the same thing?

Notice how wrestlers backstage spoke out about not being happy with Jericho coming back because he "takes the spotlight from another wrestler".But yet Cena gets the most spotlight time out of the year but say nothing.Because if they speak out,they get buried and eventually the boot as well.

Kenne Doane (Kenny from the spirit squad) spoke out against John Cena.

Tyler Reks does too

And Michael Tarver.

And Chavo Guerrero

Cena wins all the time because he's money. That's the WWE formula, it's how the show is run. I've had my own share of frustration with it, but it's not the wrestler's fault. My impression of Cena is that he's one of the most selfless, least political headliners they've ever had, but that doesn't change their booking style.

You don't think a guy in such a high position doesn't have control over his booking?Of course he does.All the big stars have control.Austin,Triple H,The Rock,Hogan etc etc.

Cena hears the boos he gets,he knows the majority of the crowed is against him yet does nothing.I don't deny what he has done for the company,he's worked his ass off to get where he is.But that doesn't excuse him acting like a dick backstage.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:29 am

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:
Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Why are you singling out Cena in that example when it reads as though everyone on the roster was saying the same thing?

Notice how wrestlers backstage spoke out about not being happy with Jericho coming back because he "takes the spotlight from another wrestler".But yet Cena gets the most spotlight time out of the year but say nothing.

Because they know Cena's putting more butts in seats than Jericho ever has. And I prefer Jericho to Cena.

You don't think a guy in such a high position doesn't have control over his booking?Of course he does.All the big stars have control.Austin,Triple H,The Rock,Hogan etc etc.

I'm sure he does have clout, but you're talking about an abuse of power which is something very different.

Cena hears the boos he gets,he knows the majority of the crowed is against him

Some fans dislike him - in some towns more than others - while others in the crowd join in the booing because it's funny/cool. Notice that the loudest reaction when Cena arrives is the initial pop of genuine excitement, before half the crowd remembers they're not supposed to like him and start booing...

yet does nothing.

What do you expect him to do exactly?

I must admit I haven't bothered reading the links you posted, partly because I'm posting on my phone, partly because I'm lazy, but mostly because we'll never know how much bitterness and attention seeking is behind the more controversial claims made by ex-WWE jobbers.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am

Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Gingefners, The » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:05 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote:

Notice how wrestlers backstage spoke out about not being happy with Jericho coming back because he "takes the spotlight from another wrestler".But yet Cena gets the most spotlight time out of the year but say nothing.Because if they speak out,they get buried and eventually the boot as well.

There's a pretty big difference though between a guy busting his ass working every day, all year for the spotlight, and a guy that's decided to show up again just in time for a big Mania cheque.
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:15 am

Lots of talk going around about starting a feud with Taker and Lesnar.Only thing holding them back is lesnars physical style against an aging and battered Taker.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:38 am

Gingefners, The wrote:
Samanosuke Akechi wrote:

There's a pretty big difference though between a guy busting his ass working every day, all year for the spotlight, and a guy that's decided to show up again just in time for a big Mania cheque.

In Y2Js case he will come back and put people over. And i dare say the ones complaing dont get on the PPVs anyways right now. But i do have an issue with The Rocks return and he should not have the belt.

Who Really Cares? has received a thanks from: Segata Sanshiro Jr.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

XBL: Baihu1983
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: TitanFall

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:11 am

Why shouldn't he? The belt is a prop to tell stories, and Rock winning the belt and Cena winning the Rumble gives them a get-out clause for the 'Once in a Lifetime' label on last year's match. Now they're on a convenient collision course for Cena to get his win back without deliberately breaking a promise (which of course they are - but the story makes it look like it's happened organically instead of just a rematch for its own sake).
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:58 am

Why should a guy whos been gone for 10 years get the belt? Just so he can have the rematch everyone knew would happen before last years match had even taken place. Why not simply have him face someone else who needs putting over?

And screw breaking a promise as WWE have been doing that since it was the WWWF.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka Martian » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 am

It's good for business. While I prefer Punk to have the belt, I understand why they gave it to Rock. It's not like The Rock needed the money when he came back to the WWE. He's done perfectly fine with the movie's he's made. I do thin he's done it because he cares about the business that made him. With him holding the belt, the 'E thinks it will gain them more viewers. Since he will be going on talk shows n etc. to promote his movies, he'll have the belt with him and he can mention the WWE in the process.
Yokosuka Martian
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: MarcinTheMartian
XBL: YokosukaMartian
Currently playing: ..Uhh Shenmue

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:46 am

I'd like to see Rock face other people too - he just had a great match with CM Punk five days ago. But you don't fuck with WrestleMania. There are only two possible matches with the current roster that could generate a bigger PPV buyrate than Rock/Cena 2: Rock vs Brock (movie star vs UFC champ) and Cena vs Taker. The latter was never gonna happen this year, and the former would generate just as much whining from certain circles due them both being part-timers.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Bluecast » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fly07AsIz04[/youtube]
Bluecast
Jean Valjean
Banned

PSN: Ryudoadam
XBL: Dogi99
Nintendo FC: Segata
Steam: Ryudo2k9
Currently playing: Some weeb game as always.

Postby Who Really Cares? » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:41 pm

In Brocks case people know his health issues are 1 of the reasons his not on every week and his a bigger draw than Cena. Takers body probably cant take a match with Brock but he could with Cena and an I Quit match would set it up perfectly. And Brock vs Orton would be better than (another) rematch with HHH.

Rock? As i said they could have used him to build up someone whos all but a main eventer already.
Who Really Cares?
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Samanosuke Akechi » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Brock signed a 2 contract. Hope to see a match with him and rock happen.

Wasn't a fan of punk at first but damn he cuts good promos.
Last edited by Samanosuke Akechi on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samanosuke Akechi
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby Gingefners, The » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Samanosuke Akechi wrote: Brock signed a 2 contract. Hope to see a match with him and brock happen.

Hmmm, I dunno if Brock could have a good match with himself, but it'd be fun to watch him try this.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua7Klz9Rk1k[/youtube]

Gingefners, The has received a thanks from: Samanosuke Akechi
Gingefners, The
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: with myself

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic