Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue 3?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue 3?

Postby Paul » Sun May 04, 2003 10:21 am

OK, it's been rumoured that Microsoft are working on a Nintendo-beating handheld whith Gamecube-GBA style link up features. My question is would you like to see shenmue 3 use these features and how wolud you like to see them used? I would love to be able to download all the arcade games and stuff, and maybe a mini game where you can win extra characters. Any Ideas?
If I tell you suck my bumhole right now that will dispell any expectation you have of having an intelligent, reasonable debate with me right now. Welcome to the Internet.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Re: Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue

Postby Louis » Sun May 04, 2003 12:49 pm

Paul wrote:OK, it's been rumoured that Microsoft are working on a Nintendo-beating handheld whith Gamecube-GBA style link up features. My question is would you like to see shenmue 3 use these features and how wolud you like to see them used? I would love to be able to download all the arcade games and stuff, and maybe a mini game where you can win extra characters. Any Ideas?

doubt it, shenmue never took advantage of the VMU, even though the cat in shenmue I was orginally planned on being downloadable and a tamagotchi style thing
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Daemos » Sun May 04, 2003 1:20 pm

my thoughts exactly.
Attachments
md1.jpg
(95.12 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
Last edited by Daemos on Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[These are really old and make me want to cry when I think I actually wrote them, don't use them]
My software. Warning: Evil inside

PVR Dissector BETA2 (350KB) | MAPINFO Patcher ALPHA (28KB) | Shenmue II Mod Topic

Note: These exist since Feb/04. Yes, they're old, and one of them is buggy. So bleh. Image
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Andy » Sun May 04, 2003 2:52 pm

I heard M$ has plans for a portable Xbox by 2006... madness, madness I say! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! INSANITY!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MADNESS I SAY!!!!!

all right, I'm done... but you must admit that's crazy! :)
Thank You
Andy
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Louis » Sun May 04, 2003 3:25 pm

a portable xbox would own, and btw i dont give a fuxor if ms are moneygrabbing bitches, they make the best console becuase of it
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Paul » Mon May 05, 2003 11:25 am

Andy wrote:I heard M$ has plans for a portable Xbox by 2006... madness, madness I say! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! INSANITY!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MADNESS I SAY!!!!!

all right, I'm done... but you must admit that's crazy! :)

2006... hmm. Shenmue 5 then! I heard something was expected at e3... it's these rumors innit!
Anyway, just because shenmue 1 didn't have VM features in it why should the whole series follow the same trend?! You couldn't gamble in shenmue 1, you couldn't play any of the mini-games whenever you wanted but did that stop it happening in shenmue 2?
If I tell you suck my bumhole right now that will dispell any expectation you have of having an intelligent, reasonable debate with me right now. Welcome to the Internet.
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby TEEPO™ » Mon May 05, 2003 12:47 pm

Personally, I love the idea of downloading Shenmue stuff into a handheld system, but I really doubt. Then again, anything is possible. I would love a feature that lets you train Ryo on the handheld system. Just think about it, training up Ryo's move while travelling on a train or bus.

TEEPO™ has received a thanks from: QWERTY
TEEPO™
Banned
Banned

Currently playing: with my sister

Postby Paul » Mon May 05, 2003 1:14 pm

Hell yeah. I it's more possible than some people say for the following reasons -
1) Microsoft would like a game to show off it's new handheld with, and most x-box games are, great as they are, straight forward action games. Shenmue is not, and already has mini-games etc, making it an obvious choice.

2) We all love shenmue, but unfortunately we seem to be the minority, so sega need a gimic to help shift shenmue 3. It fit's!
Paul
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Louis » Mon May 05, 2003 2:43 pm

im sure microsoft will proceed into concoring the handheld market as soon as they finish winning the console one
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: Could Microsofts rumourd handheld system effect Shenmue

Postby Forklift#5 » Mon May 05, 2003 7:55 pm

Paul wrote:OK, it's been rumoured that Microsoft are working on a Nintendo-beating handheld whith Gamecube-GBA style link up features. My question is would you like to see shenmue 3 use these features and how wolud you like to see them used? I would love to be able to download all the arcade games and stuff, and maybe a mini game where you can win extra characters. Any Ideas?

I would like to see it used, but mainly to master moves, get special items, and unlocking new and playing old mini games
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt- then its more fun.
Forklift#5
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Gutcruncher » Mon May 05, 2003 8:28 pm

I would like if it would put minigames on the handheld thing that when you win, you get a capsule toy
It takes a man very comfortable with his heterosexuality to have sex with another man...
Gutcruncher
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby ChaiOgawa » Tue May 06, 2003 5:04 pm

No game really did ever take advantage of the VMU anyway, but they have a new hook up screen for the xbox that doesnt require the tv hook ups which im going to get and bring it into school, all i need is an empty plug and im all set.
ChaiOgawa

Postby Daemos » Sat May 10, 2003 1:03 pm

That would look cool. Except if someone stole you the thing, along with your xbox...
[These are really old and make me want to cry when I think I actually wrote them, don't use them]
My software. Warning: Evil inside

PVR Dissector BETA2 (350KB) | MAPINFO Patcher ALPHA (28KB) | Shenmue II Mod Topic

Note: These exist since Feb/04. Yes, they're old, and one of them is buggy. So bleh. Image
Daemos
Shenmue III
Shenmue III

Postby Louis » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:00 pm

did any one uncover the precise details of the cat vmu thing?
Louis
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Lan Di-sama » Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:31 pm

Louis, I don't mean to be rude, but stop bumping topics from last may!!
Lan Di-sama
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue

Next

Return to Shenmue III